Reply to this topicStart new topic
> punch stats, don't really mean anything
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 02:19 AM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i would like to see exactly how that shit is done because i don't believe they are accurate at all.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post May 6 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

they have buttons. one for each connected punch and one for each thrown punch. not accurate at all.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

yeah...that bullshit coupled with the biased commentary can really do a number on less educated fans. i got 3 texts during the fight asking...."is it just me...or are these numbers off?" thought it was worth a thread in here.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 6 2012, 05:57 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

How would you have had the numbers? Who was the commentary biased for, Floyd?

It's just a guy ringside pressing a button

This post has been edited by sduck: May 6 2012, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 6 2012, 09:46 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (sduck @ May 6 2012, 05:57 AM) *

I agree. The guy ringside, likely isn't listenin' to Grumpy Old Men or the Gone Fishin' commentators. He/She is just pressin' a button.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ May 6 2012, 05:57 AM) *

that's my question...is it just one guy?

the numbers seemed inflated for floyd and low for cotto. it also seemed like there had to be blood for cotto to get any credit. at one point they had him landing 3 punches when i knew he landed much more. yes...the commentary was very biased for floyd. i get it though....the pac/may fight is a big money fight so they have to convince the public just in case it was too close. they should just let the chips fall where they may. floyd won that fight. there was no need for the felatio during the match.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 6 2012, 09:46 AM) *
I agree. The guy ringside, likely isn't listenin' to Grumpy Old Men or the Gone Fishin' commentators. He/She is just pressin' a button.

he/she may not be listening to the grumpy old men....but like them...he/she is either grossly incompetent or purposefully misleading. either way...it's fucked up.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 6 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

I thought that Floyd won the fight convincingly but Cotto did fight a rough tough solid fight..props to him but his only effective punch was his jab. I'm not really sure if there was biased towards Floyd that i noticed because he was clearly winning the fight. Cotto did win a few rounds but most of those crowd wowing flurries he threw were blocked. It looks good but nothing was really landing other than the jab...reminded me of when Floyd fought De La Hoya. Overall good fight.

+Quote Post
flazi
post May 6 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

its two guys. one for each fighter. at least for regular undercard fights that is.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 6 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2012, 12:59 PM) *
that's my question...is it just one guy?

the numbers seemed inflated for floyd and low for cotto. it also seemed like there had to be blood for cotto to get any credit. at one point they had him landing 3 punches when i knew he landed much more. yes...the commentary was very biased for floyd. i get it though....the pac/may fight is a big money fight so they have to convince the public just in case it was too close. they should just let the chips fall where they may. floyd won that fight. there was no need for the felatio during the match.

Not sure.

I agree, at some points it did look like Cotto was landing more than compubox was saying. But you can't 100% rely on/trust compubox, because ringside viewers don't get a complete 360 20/20 on the fight like Television viewers do. Plus someone could land 60 punches to someone else 20 punches in a round, then next round could only land 20 to 40, and hes up 20 on compubox because of the previous round. This what people tried to do to justify Pacquiao's victory for Marquez in their third fight, but if you go off compubox, Marquez definitely won the first two fights. You can't rely on compubox, you have to use your own instinct on scoring the fight, and Floyd clearly won this fight, that's the broader view on that, anyone who thinks Cotto won is either delusional, dumb, or trolling.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:35 PM