IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
checkleft
post May 11 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think I heard it on the mayweather cotto ppv too
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 11 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 11 2012, 02:25 PM) *
I think I heard it on the mayweather cotto ppv too

the rehydration clause theory is something i came up with a while back and discussed thoroughly on another board. i was attacked venomously by ppl (who i now believe are shills for toprank) for even making the suggestion. the only real proof that i have seen in regards to such a clause is when roger mentioned in an interview that the only reason pac ktfo'd hatton so easily was because hatton was only allowed to gain 5lbs after the initial weigh in. that statement proved my theory imo but i have yet to see any writers or boxing ppl outside of roger mention it at all. the thread was deleted from that site...and i made many attempts to discuss the topic openly but everytime i tried i was attacked. i have been banned from the site.

if the theory is true...why hasn't any of pac's critics brought it out publicly? something of this nature would shake the boxing world to its' core imo. also....i believe ppl have not discussed it openly because they have signed "non-disclosure agreements" that prevent them from doing so. let's not forget that arum is/was a lawyer and similar things have been done with his fighters in the past. *see leonard/lalonde. i would not put it past arum or anyone else involved.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 11 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #63

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 11 2012, 05:22 PM) *
i can see how the 8 division champion makes less....he has a lot of ppl who do their best to make sure the circumstances are tilted in his favor...they all need to be compensated.

The reason Floyd sells so much is he understands that people love a bad guy, they pay every time hopeing he gets his head knocked off. Aside from being a great fighter, he is a master promoter

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: May 11 2012, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 11 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 11 2012, 01:54 PM) *
the rehydration clause theory is something i came up with a while back and discussed thoroughly on another board. i was attacked venomously by ppl (who i now believe are shills for toprank) for even making the suggestion. the only real proof that i have seen in regards to such a clause is when roger mentioned in an interview that the only reason pac ktfo'd hatton so easily was because hatton was only allowed to gain 5lbs after the initial weigh in. that statement proved my theory imo but i have yet to see any writers or boxing ppl outside of roger mention it at all. the thread was deleted from that site...and i made many attempts to discuss the topic openly but everytime i tried i was attacked. i have been banned from the site.

if the theory is true...why hasn't any of pac's critics brought it out publicly? something of this nature would shake the boxing world to its' core imo. also....i believe ppl have not discussed it openly because they have signed "non-disclosure agreements" that prevent them from doing so. let's not forget that arum is/was a lawyer and similar things have been done with his fighters in the past. *see leonard/lalonde. i would not put it past arum or anyone else involved.

Um.. I didn't mean to unleash your demons Haha. That other site sounds harsh
But anyway I know for a fact I've heard it on hbo more than once, I've heard numerous reports, and the reason I don't think it "shook boxing to its core" as you put it is because people seem to not give a shit about what pac gets away with. Whether its he's cheating on his wife running scams or his head growing three hat sizes, and no its not just the Justin beiber hair cut. It doesn't surprise me that no one paid attention to this issue

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 11 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

yes, but this time floyd actually boxes

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #66

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 11 2012, 02:17 PM) *
again with the "rehydrations clauses"? where are u guys getting this stuff? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

i think it's 147 and above that uses 10oz gloves.

It's been said on HBO, and again, I read it somewhere else, but that article is sure to be in no man's land by now. As for that glove size for 140 and up, I believe it is because I've seen guys like Bradley fight with them several times, along with other fighters. Now, it could be a contractual thing, but from what I remember being mentioned, 140 and up had to use them, and I believe that rule went into effect a few years ago.

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 11 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I'm sure I could find plenty of sources but idk why that would ne necessary they have mentioned it in hbo live plenty of times..

I believe that mentioned it before one of Pac's fights...could have easily been the De La Hoya fight when they did the Tale of the Tape. I just heard it being mentioned on HBO.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 11 2012, 02:22 PM) *
i can see how the 8 division champion makes less....he has a lot of ppl who do their best to make sure the circumstances are tilted in his favor...they all need to be compensated.

Doesn't Floyd's people do the same? Now if the circumstances that you speak of, have something to with his opponents' weight being screwed around with, then I agree. Could Manny's people be compensated, or is Manny just getting ripped off?

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 11 2012, 02:54 PM) *

Then why are you asking us "where are we getting this from?" If anything, I would like to know where some of your past info came from. Now you're about to make me go back and look for this info...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 12 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #67

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

154 and above uses 10 oz gloves

147 and below uses 8 oz gloves

they changed the rule

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: May 12 2012, 10:13 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 13 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 12 2012, 11:13 PM) *
147 and below uses 8 oz gloves

they changed the rule

10 oz for 147 seemed to be mandatory as of the past few years. Im almost sure that guys at 140 wear 10 oz gloves as well. Check out some Bradley's fights, well who knows, maybe those Grant gloves just seem big as hell.

+Quote Post
axlfoley
post May 13 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #69

Amateur

Member No.: 13,663

Floyd said the last time he used 10 oz gloves before Cotto was the Hatton fight

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 13 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #70

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 13 2012, 01:31 PM) *
10 oz for 147 seemed to be mandatory as of the past few years. Im almost sure that guys at 140 wear 10 oz gloves as well. Check out some Bradley's fights, well who knows, maybe those Grant gloves just seem big as hell.

grant gloves are big as hell

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:45 AM