Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 13 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,358

Boring....Bradley tried to make it interesting but there was too much friendly laughter. However i am looking forward to the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 13 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 13 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Boring....Bradley tried to make it interesting but there was too much friendly laughter. However i am looking forward to the fight.

Yep, as short on interesting words as Bradley was, he just couldn't break the ice. Roach just kills me with the whole idea that he moonlights on speaking for Manny, since Manny cant think of his opponent as nothing but "handsome" and he hopes to "give the fans a great fight".

I mean seriously, Kellerman is known for asking bogus questions at times, but he actually made a gallant effort to improve, and these guys' level of excitement could easily be compared to watching a sleepy old man in a rocking chair, rock back and forth until all momentum is gone.

Kellerman was asking the same questions, but rewording them, and these guys still had nothing to offer. Tim's constant rebuttal and packages of "ya know", "I dont know man", and "we'll see"...got boring quick.

Fighting and possibly beating a top (marketable) fighter, comes with great responsibility and expectations...especially if he wins. Diaz did nothing more than draw more clouds of "point at my fighter and laugh", with all of those dumb comments he made about starting slow so Tim wont get caught cold and KO'd. That shit happens to all fighters if they aren't careful, so another answer would've been suitable, especially for a fighter that's been saying a bunch of "ifs" and "we hopes" the whole time.

Anytime fighters and their trainers have to be present during a Face-Off, it usually spells "boring" and "my fighter has no wordplay"...why did I expect anything different? Kellerman was okay this time...

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post May 13 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

As I watched this installment, all I could think of is, "They're seriously going to have a full 4 episode 24/7 show for these 2 ?"

Sitting in court, waiting for jury duty is less boring than the bullshit we witnessed right here. I mean, come on man, this was downright horrendous in terms of building any kind of excitement.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 13 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

One thing I have always been curious about though, and after watching that it brought it back to mind, What is Pacquio really thinking. I dont know if its an act, Pacs culture and upbringing or what, but alot of times his smile and kind words do not fit what i see in his eyes. Watching that I get the feeling Pac was looking at Bradley with bottled rage, and I have seen Pac like that many times.

IS he a Phoney as far as the nice guy act goes? I dont know, but look at the mans eyes, sometimes his words do not meet the expression.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 13 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i hate when they bring the trainers

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post May 13 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

At least Kellerman didnt make them stand up and do a role play of how theyre going to punch each other like last time...

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 13 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 13 2012, 04:16 PM) *

Yeah I concur. Not much excitement thus far, but still looking forword to the fight.

+Quote Post
Jhill47
post May 13 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 12,594

Man I really hate Freddie Roach. Let him tell it they're going to knock out everybody.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 13 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This was wack.

Roach did his typical "we're gonna knock him out" line.

Manny made it completely suspect.

Bradley made a concerned effort to not be the Bradley he was when the fight was 1st announced. He wanted everyone to know he wasn't going to just get a check which was comforting but ultimately, he couldnt muster the anger enough to make it compelling.

I can't take Joel Diaz' eyes. Cocked like a pistol lol I cant even focus when he talks but he did seem to not be feeding into the love fest.

Max was struggling but giving a valiant effort to make the whole situation compelling but to no avail.

All in all, I think this just showed everyone that it's going to be a boring 24/7

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:20 PM