IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo's Next Opponent (Topics Merged), Williams out, Kirkland demands delusional dollars, Trout on the radar
Alvarez vs Kirkland
Which is the likely outcome?
The Notre Dame Mascot gets put on queer street [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
We'll witness a Kirkland homicide on HBO... [ 10 ] ** [90.91%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post May 14 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

not interested in this fight...but i get it. they want to build canelo up even more by putting him in with a guy who looked like shit in his last fight and is coming off an injury. classic bob arum move by gbp with this one. i wouldn't mind seeing an upset for kirkland...but that's probably not going to happen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 14 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 12:51 PM) *
not interested in this fight...but i get it. they want to build canelo up even more by putting him in with a guy who looked like shit in his last fight and is coming off an injury. classic bob arum move by gbp with this one. i wouldn't mind seeing an upset for kirkland...but that's probably not going to happen.

+1

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 14 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #13

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 11:10 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/kirkland-says-c...beat-him--52850

It looks like we'll be seeing a Alvarez/Kirkland fight in September, according to the word being tossed around. I'm not sure yet, but Kirkland seems to be the runner up for the showdown.

IF this fight is signed, boy oh boy, we would be in for a fight (while it lasts). I can actually see it happening though...it's not like Garter Belt Promotions hasn't thrown Kirkland to the wolves before (Angulo fight), and ended up having to eat the same boot that they tried to put up Kirkland's ass.

Thoughts?

I'd expect to see Canelo on his butt...after the fight saying to hisself...."All that money for a sparring session." ....in Spanish of course. Kirkland has a punchers chance but I think Canelo is too skilled and too strong. I was actually impressed with Canelo and I like the way he throws his punches. I'd expect Kirkland to be broken down and dropped.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 14 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I dunno. Canelo, clearly, is the better boxer, but it wouldn't be the first time the superior boxer, woke up staring at lights and a bunch of strange folks asking him questions, now would it?

I'd bet my money on Canelo, but I'll be pulling for Kirkland, mainly for two reasons:

1. I like Kirk better than Canelo, though I don't have any issues w/ Saul

2. I like it when Kirkland throws a monkey wrench in GBP's plans.

It will be interesting to see which strategy Canelo's camp adopts in fighting Kirk. Basically, while we think Canelo should get 'em outta there, IF he has that "it" factor, GBP is shoving down our throats. However, what happens if he doesn't get Kirk outta there and Kirk starts stalkin' him?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 14 2012, 03:43 PM) *
I dunno. Canelo, clearly, is the better boxer, but it wouldn't be the first time the superior boxer, woke up staring at lights and a bunch of strange folks asking him questions, now would it?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good shit! As boxing fans, we know that upsets are always possible. Neither of these two are great boxers, but Canelo is the better of the two. Kirkland's jab is never a stiff one, as a matter of fact, that shit never really fully extends. He only shows "great boxing skills" when his opponent has birds circling their head.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post May 14 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Kirkland is the definition of puncher's chance. He clearly isnt as skilled as Canelo. However, Canelo does allow himself to get hit. Instead of doing his damage then getting out of there, he stays there for return fire. That could be a recipe for disaster because while Kirkland has HUGE flaws, I don't think anyone can doubt his ability to knock someone the fuck out. For that reason alone, I'm interested. I stil think Canelo takes him to school though. I wonder how Manny Steward feels bout this considering he said he thought K9 was next in line. Quite frankly, I'd rather see Kirkland than K9..."flaws and all".

I think K9 and Kirkland should fight with the winner benig the next in line to fight Canelo. BTW, what happened to the talks of Canelo vs Chavez Jr?

Nail.... meet hammer...

+1

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 14 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

If it happens, I'll be watching. Although I would've liked to have seen Bundrage get his chance, he seems to get the short end of the stick, but from an interest level, this one obviously generates more interest.

As most people have said, Canelo beats Kirkland.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 14 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Canelo beats him but anything can happen, especially with a fighter of Kirkland's determination and aggression

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post May 15 2012, 07:57 AM
Post #19

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I dont think that Kirkland chances are as slim as everyone would make them seem. Everyone says alvarez isnt Angulo, but James aint no shane. I still think Saul wins in a ko fashion, but i wouldnt count Kirk out that easy.. Also, a question.. Has Saul ever been hit with a hard flush punch? And please dont say anything about Shane because he has no power at 154.. If i remember correctly, WInky dropped his hands and ate a few...lol

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 15 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Ringtv.com is saying that Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez might actually face Paul 'the Punisher' Williams.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/172881-...tchell-welliver

Either matchup is fine with me.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:29 AM