Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fighters that you aren't sold on..., Name 'em
Cshel86
post Jun 3 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Do I really need to explain? Name 'em and explain...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mrchitown
post Jun 4 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Most of you guys have named fighters on my list but I'll name a few anyway

Chad Dawson-This guy is the biggest waste of talent in boxing to me. He has all the skills to be a P4P guy but his lack of intensity and will is really disturbing. I believe that if/when he fights Ward, he's going to get his ass handed to him. He shows up for fights not even half the time. He wins on his boxing ability most of the time. He won't have his usual advantages against Ward. And his voice is one of the worst in sports history. He's #2 in sports right now for worse voice, right next to that sack of shit Evan Turner from the 76ers lol

JCC jr-This big bum is getting by on his father's name. He balloons up over 2 weight classes past his opponents and thinks that he's supposed to be celebrated as some great champ when in fact his promoter and the WBC protect him like he's the golden child. he has gotten better each time he fights, but the problem is that his level of fighting is still nowhere near where it needs to be to beat Martinez. Hence the reason why their running from him. JCC jr will eventually have to move up and it'll be ass whoop central from there. Who he beating at 168? Dirrel? No. Froch? No. Bute? Shit, my bad lol. Ward? Hell no.

Canelo Alvarez-He finally fought a "name guy" but it's unfortunate that guy hasn't seen a sunny day in the ring in over 3yrs now. I think Canelo will eventually be something to like in the sport but right now, the way GB and HBO are promoting him as some world beater is laughable. Obviously they are trying to pair him with Mayweather some day. And when that day happens I'll bet the farm against him. I might use the my winnings to put my daughter thru college. Him and JCC jr need to fight soon, the over rated fight of the decade

Brandon Rios-This guy hasn't done shit since he won the belt. He's a brawler, fan friendly as well, and he talks cash shit, which I like. But let's be real, he is shaming his self with his lack of dedication to making weight. He should re-do 50's first album and name it "Got title, stopped tryin".

Andre Berto-Al Haymon has done a great job with him, until the Ortiz fight. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he's been matched too soft

Devon Alexander-Fights amateurish to me like Khan, those noises are annoying when he punches. When he fights it's the only time I want a 1st round ko lol.

Amir Khan-This dude talks so much shit but he hasn't earned the right. I read his statement saying he didn't give Ariza permission to leave. He must've forgot that Pacquiao is Durant and he's Westbrook lol. He's not the man. He doesn't fight well with pressure, he backs up and runs all the time and his punches really have no steam to them in the 2nd half of fights. He's another anoyying little shit

There's more but I'll spare those fighters. These are the ones who completely baffle me the most

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 5 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Most of you guys have named fighters on my list but I'll name a few anyway

Chad Dawson-This guy is the biggest waste of talent in boxing to me. He has all the skills to be a P4P guy but his lack of intensity and will is really disturbing. I believe that if/when he fights Ward, he's going to get his ass handed to him. He shows up for fights not even half the time. He wins on his boxing ability most of the time. He won't have his usual advantages against Ward. And his voice is one of the worst in sports history. He's #2 in sports right now for worse voice, right next to that sack of shit Evan Turner from the 76ers lol

JCC jr-This big bum is getting by on his father's name. He balloons up over 2 weight classes past his opponents and thinks that he's supposed to be celebrated as some great champ when in fact his promoter and the WBC protect him like he's the golden child. he has gotten better each time he fights, but the problem is that his level of fighting is still nowhere near where it needs to be to beat Martinez. Hence the reason why their running from him. JCC jr will eventually have to move up and it'll be ass whoop central from there. Who he beating at 168? Dirrel? No. Froch? No. Bute? Shit, my bad lol. Ward? Hell no.

Canelo Alvarez-He finally fought a "name guy" but it's unfortunate that guy hasn't seen a sunny day in the ring in over 3yrs now. I think Canelo will eventually be something to like in the sport but right now, the way GB and HBO are promoting him as some world beater is laughable. Obviously they are trying to pair him with Mayweather some day. And when that day happens I'll bet the farm against him. I might use the my winnings to put my daughter thru college. Him and JCC jr need to fight soon, the over rated fight of the decade

Brandon Rios-This guy hasn't done shit since he won the belt. He's a brawler, fan friendly as well, and he talks cash shit, which I like. But let's be real, he is shaming his self with his lack of dedication to making weight. He should re-do 50's first album and name it "Got title, stopped tryin".

Andre Berto-Al Haymon has done a great job with him, until the Ortiz fight. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he's been matched too soft

Devon Alexander-Fights amateurish to me like Khan, those noises are annoying when he punches. When he fights it's the only time I want a 1st round ko lol.

Amir Khan-This dude talks so much shit but he hasn't earned the right. I read his statement saying he didn't give Ariza permission to leave. He must've forgot that Pacquiao is Durant and he's Westbrook lol. He's not the man. He doesn't fight well with pressure, he backs up and runs all the time and his punches really have no steam to them in the 2nd half of fights. He's another anoyying little shit

There's more but I'll spare those fighters. These are the ones who completely baffle me the most

Im like "... damn.. do you even like boxing?"..

Imo opinion its hard to say right now, a lot of these fighters listed are fighters who are still in the process of making a name for themselves .. I think the thread was more directed towards fighters who the media and people EXPECT to win and look good doing so...

But to give a quick list cuz Im at work,.. Im not sold on

Martinez.. (likely known if yall read my previous post in recent thread)... This guy has the talent, and has the draw.. But I will want to see him really taken into deep waters... both mentally and physically ..I respect him, but I just wann see more..

Ummmmm.. I gotta get back to yall.. a lil busy

(Side note) despite his last loss.. im completey SOLD ON ANDY LEE....and fully expect him to him in this upcomming fighte....this guy can box his ass off.... problem is, from what Ive seen, isnt a grit typa fihhter.. not fan friendly ..bhe needs to stick to his fundamentals. And not get into heavy exchanges ...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cshel86   Fighters that you aren't sold on...   Jun 3 2012, 08:03 PM
- - BigDDatHomey   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2012, 09:03 PM) Do...   Jun 3 2012, 10:02 PM
- - sduck   Brandon Rios (dude needs to learn how to box for o...   Jun 4 2012, 12:55 AM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 4 2012, 12:55 AM) Bran...   Jun 4 2012, 01:01 AM
- - The Original MrFactor   Canelo Alvarez - I'd like to see him fight a y...   Jun 4 2012, 01:31 AM
- - mitukczuk   Victor Ortiz - Furstrated intentional headbutt and...   Jun 4 2012, 03:45 AM
- - Franchize   Timothy Bradley- a very mentally strong guy. very ...   Jun 4 2012, 08:46 AM
- - daprofessor   wow. u guys are a tough crowd.   Jun 4 2012, 03:27 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2012, 04:27 PM...   Jun 4 2012, 09:24 PM
- - mrchitown   Most of you guys have named fighters on my list bu...   Jun 4 2012, 11:55 PM
|- - BoxingStill#1   QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2012, 12:55 AM) ...   Jun 5 2012, 06:42 AM
- - daprofessor   all the above fighters mentioned are what they are...   Jun 5 2012, 01:29 PM
- - flazi   canelo alvarez jcc jr cloud all these guys are to...   Jun 5 2012, 01:46 PM
- - Franchize   I don't get the Canelo Alvarez overrated label...   Jun 5 2012, 02:59 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 4 2012, 09:46 AM) ...   Jun 5 2012, 11:12 PM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 6 2012, 12:12 AM) ...   Jun 6 2012, 09:51 AM
- - Cshel86   I believe the HBO announcers play a HUGE part in u...   Jun 6 2012, 11:23 AM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:23 PM) I ...   Jun 6 2012, 01:30 PM
||- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 01:30 PM) ...   Jun 6 2012, 01:40 PM
||- - Franchize   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2012, 02:40 PM...   Jun 6 2012, 02:30 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:23 AM) I ...   Jun 6 2012, 01:35 PM
- - Kratza   It seems peoples are forgetting Canelo Alvarez is ...   Jun 6 2012, 03:33 PM
|- - Thickback   QUOTE (Kratza @ Jun 6 2012, 04:33 PM) It ...   Jun 7 2012, 01:50 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 09:51 AM) ...   Jun 6 2012, 07:49 PM
- - Thickback   I think everyone except for Floyd and Cotto have b...   Jun 7 2012, 01:29 PM
- - JayU   I joined the forum just to get in on this. I agree...   Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (JayU @ Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM) I joi...   Sep 27 2012, 01:43 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 02:30 PM) ...   Jun 7 2012, 04:33 PM
- - daprofessor   i'm not sold on pac or the klitschkos. there. ...   Jun 7 2012, 06:59 PM
- - mgrover   from the time pac fought De La Hoya to now am not ...   Jun 7 2012, 08:47 PM
- - Cshel86   Bumped... Just thought I'd add Jessie Vargas ...   Sep 27 2012, 12:46 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 01:46 PM) B...   Sep 27 2012, 01:38 PM
- - Franchize   Tavaris Cloud- everytime I see him, he loses...but...   Sep 28 2012, 08:23 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:16 AM