Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
MaxPayne
post Jun 6 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

This fight is on the nearby horizon, so let's hear it ladies and gents !

How do you see this one going down ? Does Chavez Jr.'s win streak continue, or will Lee's skill be too much for him ?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
mitukczuk
post Jun 6 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 6 2012, 12:46 PM) *
This fight is on the nearby horizon, so let's hear it ladies and gents !

How do you see this one going down ? Does Chavez Jr.'s win streak continue, or will Lee's skill be too much for him ?

I don't see Lee as a particularly skilled boxer, but he sure does have the will to win, which imo Chavez Jr. lacks, although he is undefeated.

However, I feel there is a 50/50 chance for both these guys. I am leaning towards Lee though...just have that feeling, no special reason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 6 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I have to give this one to Julio. I believe the weight will be an issue for Lee to tackle, along with the fact that Chavez can take a punch. Did I mention that the weight advantage is going to be an issue? Lee has fought a bit north of 160, but he's still naturally smaller than Chavez.

I've seen Lee lose to guys with limited skill, like Brian Vera, and go balls to wall with Craig McEwan. The McEwan fight was exciting for what it was worth, but Andy got hit waaaay too much in the fight, against a dude that fought like a Scottish Carlos Maussa, and he predominately land body punches...something Julio wont keep in the holster.

Again, Lee has pretty good skills, but after he gets hit a few times, he loses his shit and starts exchanging (whether its to his advantage or not). He has decent power, but not enough to keep Julio honest in there.

Lee made better adjustments after the McEwan fight, when he fought arch rival Brian Bera, but Vera was shorter than him and I believe he didn't have much reach either. Julio's not short by a long shot, I cant remember the arm length details, and he can take a punch just as much as he can give one.

I had Julio by close decision, based on the strength of Andy banking some early rounds (if he fights smart). When punches are exchanged, we'll see who gets stupid first. If it's Andy, then TKO victory for Julio. If it's Julio, then Andy may be able to adjust enough to keep the fight at his pace.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 6 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

The only complete bout of Andy Lee's that I've watched, was against Craig McEwan. My impression of Lee is that he's very well trained, has the fundamentals down pact, but isn't exceptionally talented. Sort of like JCC Jr., but with a better trainer, which has given Lee the upper hand technically.

If my memory serves me, Lee was losing that match, but his comeback that resulted in McEwan getting TKO'd makes him a very credible threat. For me, the only thing that gives JCC Jr. the upper hand is his strength (....thanks to Alex Ariza - see how ungrateful some people are?). If Lee doesn't get hurt, then anything's possible.

Just read CShel's post and I agree with what he said. I picked Chavez by close decision, but that's mostly because even if Lee wins, he's getting jobbed/robbed/Bobfathered etc.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jun 6 2012, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

a few years ago i would have picked lee to stop jr. now...i think jr gives it to lee. lee has diminished over the last few years. jr will be too strong and aggressive. i wouldn't be shocked if jr stops lee.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 6 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I can't see Lee winning a decision in Texas no matter what. Chavez by decision, fair or foul. I will vote wide decision-Chavez. because I know that one judge will have it that way for Julio anyway.

Jack

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 6 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Jr, by sheer "rough housing". Let's do the math:

He's Mexican

+

Lee is NOT

+

The fight is in Texas

X

Top Rank Promotion

= Lee has a better shot at the bronze medal in female gymnastics than a "W" in this fight.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 6 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 6 2012, 05:35 PM) *

He's Mexican

+

Lee is NOT

+

The fight is in Texas

X

Top Rank Promotion

= Lee has a better shot at the bronze medal in female gymnastics than a "W" in this fight.

+5!

And to be honest, I have no interest in watching because I think the fix could be in for all Chavez Jr. fights on a decision, unless he's got Sergio as an opponent or some other big money maker to cancel out the Top Rank/Bob Arum favoritism. We have seen this too many times in boxing to think otherwise.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 6 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 6 2012, 06:35 PM) *

He's Mexican

+

Lee is NOT

+

The fight is in Texas

X

Top Rank Promotion

Ha!!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 6 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 6 2012, 05:38 PM) *
+5!

And to be honest, I have no interest in watching because I think the fix could be in for all Chavez Jr. fights on a decision, unless he's got Sergio as an opponent or some other big money maker to cancel out the Top Rank/Bob Arum favoritism. We have seen this too many times in boxing to think otherwise.

Jack

I'm not gonna lie, I'll watch this joint, but I sure as hell won't pay for it. However, the moment Jr. starts the rough housing, a.k.a. head in the middle of chest and leaning on him, I'll recognize the writing is on the wall for Lee.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:40 PM