IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO PPV@09:00(ET)/6:00(PT)- Pacquiao vs Bradley-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, New Video on Page 32 Shows HBO's Biased Commentary!
checkleft
post Jun 11 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #281

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 11 2012, 08:54 AM) *
Pacquiao didn't look extraordinary like HBO was trying to make it seem. That was a gross exaggerration fueled mainly by Jim Lampley. Even when Bradley was landing, Lampley was trying to downplay it by either saying Pacquiao wasn't hurt or lying about Pacquiao landing something too. I get where guys are coming from with the HBO public Glory Hole that Jim Lampley had going on. Pacquaio was getting a blow job in the ring Sat. night but you couldn't see the face lmao.

That being said, he won the fight. It was a boring fight. It exposed two guys who were SUPPOSED to be top tier Top Rank guys. Their actual boxing skills looked horrendous. But at the end of the day, Manny was the best of the worst. Yes, he couldn't cut off the ring. Yes, he missed a lot. Yes, he swung wildly for the fences. All this is true. But Bradley stunk up the joint IMO. He missed a lot too. He also looked like his psyche was broken. He looked exactly like Shane Mosley in their throwing, as Manny Steward likes to say, jingly punches. None of his punches were thrown with conviction. He backed up the entire fight but he wasn't doind that to counter. All Bradley was doing the entire fight was getting hit, trying to duck, then trying to return fire to show the ref he's doing enough to not have the fight stopped. The Compubox numbers were way off but not by that much. C'mon. Manny landed like 100 more punches than Tim lol

This fight was a joke and just part of the monopoly Top Prank is trying to orchestrate. Arum, after the fans have been voicing their outrage, is trying to "seek justice". But when the scores were announced he was happy for Bradley. My boy pointed it out for me. This guy is a piece of shit and I will NEVER buy another one of his PPV events again (I didn't by this one. I coerced my boy into getting it lol). If he really feels bad about what happened, let the fight be on regular HBO. There are betting sites giving people their money back if they bet on Manny. It's the least he could do.

Best post yet. Other then the Rigo fight in which he was sensational the whole ppv was garbage. The mike Jones fight was garbage until he got brave and got put on his ass, the arce fight was barley heating up until it arce took the easy way out (yes he was faking it and I'm Mexican) and the pac fight showed mostly wild swinging clinching and a outclassed fighter who was hurt tired since like round three just throwing meaningless looping shots and an overzealous fighter trying to land one big shot for most of the fight and hitting air. TR is becoming a joke

Now bob is trying to save some face by saying he will launch an investigation. Pure garbage
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 11 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #282

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Watched this fight 3 times now,.... ive seen 3 ass whoopins from Pac...

Did he dominate? Physiacally no,.. mentally... u bes believe..

Bradley was game.. I scored 1st round for him, but barely, Manny nearly stole it toward the end....11 and 12thI rounds were his also, but again Manny rather deliberately took his foot off the gas or simply ran out of it. A couple mid rounds were negotiable but when Manny turned the heat up Timothy acted like a child trying to avoid the belt from his dad..

The closest score I can conceive is 8/4 Manny..

Did we see Pac in serious trouble?...
Did Bradley convincingly controll the fight and apply hie relentless pressure he is so well known for?

Also, since when can we say "this guy had more bruises and bumps than the other".. how many fightes have to seen ol alien head in and actually LOOKED like he took real damage? Compared to a guy who usually gets bruised up?

This fight looked much like the Cotto fight. But without the clear knock downs.. funny this is Cotto looked like he twisted his ankle also after a big shot..

Which brings me to this point,.. was the twisted ankle from hos legs getting crossed, or from him being hurt and trying to find his footing? Bradley said himself as he was reveiwing the tape "i stepped on his foot and twisted".. blah blah.. but didnt have an answer when he saw thats not what it came from...

At this point Im just rambling but one thing is for sure, it was a good fight.. I never implied Manny demolished Tim and think the guy who mentioned Bradley shouldnt be in the same ring shouldnt be allowed on a boxing board...

What we learned.. Bradley is as every bit as tough as advertised...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 11 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #283

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Long (25 mins.) but VERY INTERESTING take on the fight in a calm, non-conspiracy manner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHP3g-nnNmo...feature=g-all-u

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #284

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 11 2012, 02:39 PM) *
the arce fight was barley heating up until it arce took the easy way out (yes he was faking it and I'm Mexican)

I cant rock with you on this one Check...I believe Arce's injury legit. Anytime you get hit on/by the ear, or even sustain a busted eardrum, it fucks up EVERYTHING.

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 11 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Watched this fight 3 times now,.... ive seen 3 ass whoopins from Pac...

Did he dominate? Physiacally no,.. mentally... u bes believe..

Bradley was game.. I scored 1st round for him, but barely, Manny nearly stole it toward the end....11 and 12thI rounds were his also, but again Manny rather deliberately took his foot off the gas or simply ran out of it. A couple mid rounds were negotiable but when Manny turned the heat up Timothy acted like a child trying to avoid the belt from his dad..

The closest score I can conceive is 8/4 Manny..

Did we see Pac in serious trouble?...
Did Bradley convincingly controll the fight and apply hie relentless pressure he is so well known for?

Also, since when can we say "this guy had more bruises and bumps than the other".. how many fightes have to seen ol alien head in and actually LOOKED like he took real damage? Compared to a guy who usually gets bruised up?

This fight looked much like the Cotto fight. But without the clear knock downs.. funny this is Cotto looked like he twisted his ankle also after a big shot..

Which brings me to this point,.. was the twisted ankle from hos legs getting crossed, or from him being hurt and trying to find his footing? Bradley said himself as he was reveiwing the tape "i stepped on his foot and twisted".. blah blah.. but didnt have an answer when he saw thats not what it came from...

At this point Im just rambling but one thing is for sure, it was a good fight.. I never implied Manny demolished Tim and think the guy who mentioned Bradley shouldnt be in the same ring shouldnt be allowed on a boxing board...

What we learned.. Bradley is as every bit as tough as advertised...

I like this post! One part Im willing to dispute is the ankle injury. From the replay, he really did hurt his ankle after being hit with a good shot by Pac, that part I do believe. I cant even believe all of Tim's dialogue after the fight, since it seems to have been agenda in place...he was just sticking to the script.

If you think about it, nobody really looks good while avoiding Manny's punches. It sort of reminded me of how Morales was avoiding Pac's punches by swinging his head in the 2nd and 3rd fight (like Bradley did), but he was damn near shot around that time. Other than that, I agree with your post...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 12 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #285

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I heard that after Arum, "seeks justice," he'd tackle the job of going after the "real killers," in the OJ case...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 12 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #286

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What gets me is that noone is giving enough courage to Tim for fighting with a busted foot. I mean, if Manny fought 12-rounds with a busted foot, Lamply would have an extra pair of pom-poms and noisemakers to celebrate like New Years Eve. The real question his how Bradley might have done with two good feet? Maybe he could have won without controversy? Bradley although 95% think he lost, showed great heart in there. We didn't need to keep hearing from HBO how stronger Manny's shots were over and over again. What about Bradley's effort in the second half of the fight?

Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 12 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #287

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 12 2012, 01:48 AM) *
What gets me is that noone is giving enough courage to Tim for fighting with a busted foot. I mean, if Manny fought 12-rounds with a busted foot, Lamply would have an extra pair of pom-poms and noisemakers to celebrate like New Years Eve. The real question his how Bradley might have done with two good feet? Maybe he could have won without controversy? Bradley although 95% think he lost, showed great heart in there. We didn't need to keep hearing from HBO how stronger Manny's shots were over and over again. What about Bradley's effort in the second half of the fight?

Jack

Which is why I personally dont take anything from Tim. He went the distance and was still fighting in round 12. Win or loss, other than Marquez, Tim is Pacs biggets threat thus far.. good point..

Idk guys, this is the beauty of this type of fight,.. boxing may have took a hard hit with the decision to the general public,.. but to the boxing enthusiast, this is gold.. IT was a good fight and a tough challenge for Pac..

I would much rather see Tim fight Marquez this november and Pac challenge the winner.. in the mean time, (with easier negotiations perhaps see May and Pac)...

But thats in a perfect world...

Im gonna be screaming bloody murder about ordering another fight when I, personally, have already seen what I needed to see this fight..but come November.. Ill have another $70 charge on my cable bill..

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Jun 12 2012, 07:28 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 12 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #288

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 12 2012, 12:13 AM) *
I cant rock with you on this one Check...I believe Arce's injury legit. Anytime you get hit on/by the ear, or even sustain a busted eardrum, it fucks up EVERYTHING.

Yea I agree. The doc immediately looked in his ear and said his eardrum was busted. He couldn't even sit up str8. He kept leaning to the right. I think he was legitimately hurt. I got hit by a basketball once in my ear and it made my head, ear and jaw throb in pain.

As for Tim's injury. I saw the one foot injury. I didn't see the other. I find it hard to believe it was broken and he needed a wheelchair. I suffered from ankle problems when I was younger. I'd sprained my ankle 11 times before I turned 11 years old. My first day of practice in for my HS basketball team I twisted my ankle so bad it touched the floor. That being said, theres a HUGE difference between a sprained ankle and a fracture. How one eyed willie aka Joel Diaz knew it was fractured without an X-ray is either really remarkable or just hyperbole. I'm going to say the latter. His eyes are cocked like a pistol. In the words of the great Jay-Z, "we don't believe you, you need more people." I think they were trying to milk Tim's relentless warrior image to distract from all the controversy. They didn't need all that. Tim already put out there that he needed to go back and look at the fight to see who really won. Controversy or not, it isn't his job to judge the fight. I think they did more harm then help by trying to explain decisions that they didn't come up with. Give a brief answer to your gameplan, explain what happened to your ankle, thank the fans for coming out and then tell them how you'll be even more prepared for the rematch. End of story.

I feel the same about Tim as I felt about Amir Khan post Peterson popping for PEDs. Sometimes it's better to just STFU. Say your peace really quick and leave it alone. Sometime when you play the victim role the fans give you sympathy...sometimes they smell your bullshit!

+Quote Post
Genius
post Jun 12 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #289

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

I blame Pac's downs looking sons for this mess.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 12 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #290

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 12 2012, 08:55 AM) *
Yea I agree. The doc immediately looked in his ear and said his eardrum was busted. He couldn't even sit up str8. He kept leaning to the right. I think he was legitimately hurt. I got hit by a basketball once in my ear and it made my head, ear and jaw throb in pain.

As for Tim's injury. I saw the one foot injury. I didn't see the other. I find it hard to believe it was broken and he needed a wheelchair. I suffered from ankle problems when I was younger. I'd sprained my ankle 11 times before I turned 11 years old. My first day of practice in for my HS basketball team I twisted my ankle so bad it touched the floor. That being said, theres a HUGE difference between a sprained ankle and a fracture. How one eyed willie aka Joel Diaz knew it was fractured without an X-ray is either really remarkable or just hyperbole. I'm going to say the latter. His eyes are cocked like a pistol. In the words of the great Jay-Z, "we don't believe you, you need more people." I think they were trying to milk Tim's relentless warrior image to distract from all the controversy. They didn't need all that. Tim already put out there that he needed to go back and look at the fight to see who really won. Controversy or not, it isn't his job to judge the fight. I think they did more harm then help by trying to explain decisions that they didn't come up with. Give a brief answer to your gameplan, explain what happened to your ankle, thank the fans for coming out and then tell them how you'll be even more prepared for the rematch. End of story.

I feel the same about Tim as I felt about Amir Khan post Peterson popping for PEDs. Sometimes it's better to just STFU. Say your peace really quick and leave it alone. Sometime when you play the victim role the fans give you sympathy...sometimes they smell your bullshit!

You too??? I had a whole new respect for the Wilson brand after that shit hit me upside the head. I swear my head was swimming for damn near 10 minutes, like I had just got off a hellacious ride on a merry-go-round. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for Tim's injury, I saw that ankle twist, and that shit will have you out of commission for few minutes, but I can imagine how bad recovery time can be when a guy is trying to take your head off.

Timmy should have just shut up, or at least sounded confident in the bullshit that had just took place, like Team Rios did after the Abril fight. That "going back to the tape and I see if I won" comment did him no favors. They said, "We won the fight, he was hugging and holding the whole time". Translation: "Stop fuckin' asking me about the decision. We got our ass kicked, got the decision, and looking forward to the next fight. Try to find a way to get over it".

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:17 PM