IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO PPV@09:00(ET)/6:00(PT)- Pacquiao vs Bradley-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, New Video on Page 32 Shows HBO's Biased Commentary!
mgrover
post Jun 12 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #291

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i dont even know why am bothered anymore, after a few years this'll be like the hopkins calzaghe match
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 12 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #292

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had the same score 116-113 for Pacquiao. I would accept a wide to a close win for Manny, but no draw, and certainly not a Bradley win. I am shocked that Tom Hauser, a good boxing writer and historian had Bradley ahead, as did Brian Kenny. This has to be a misprint, but I read that Brian had Bradley up 116-112. I would really like to sit down with him and explain how he got to that scorecard, both Brian and Tom.

Now the fight WAS NOT the one-sided route that HBO pom-pomed it to be. And I give Max Kellerman all the credit in the world that we should step back and watch the fight without biased commentary. I heard Jim's biased commentary and saw Harold's biased scorecard, but paid no attention to it.

7-4-1, Pacquiao. Here is my round by round breakdown:

1. 10-10
2. 10-9 P
3. 10-9 P
4. 10-9 P
5. 10-9 P
6. 10-9 P
7. 9-10 B
8. 10-9 P
9. 9-10 B
10. 9-10 B
11. 10-9 P
12. 9-10 B

HBO ignored the good body work and lateral movement that Bradley used in a could have gone either way round 1, to a could have gone either way, 9-11. I think Bradley took the 12th. In fact, can't see how you could give the 12th to Manny. Flip that first round to Manny and it becomes 115-113 Manny, or give Bradley the first, Pac-Man still wins 116-112. I cannot see how you could give Bradley any rounds from 2-6. Bradley did well late in the fight, but Manny did better throughout the fight and close or wide should have gotten the decision.

Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 12 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #293

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 12 2012, 03:12 PM) *
I had the same score 116-113 for Pacquiao. I would accept a wide to a close win for Manny, but no draw, and certainly not a Bradley win. I am shocked that Tom Hauser, a good boxing writer and historian had Bradley ahead, as did Brian Kenny. This has to be a misprint, but I read that Brian had Bradley up 116-112. I would really like to sit down with him and explain how he got to that scorecard, both Brian and Tom.

Now the fight WAS NOT the one-sided route that HBO pom-pomed it to be. And I give Max Kellerman all the credit in the world that we should step back and watch the fight without biased commentary. I heard Jim's biased commentary and saw Harold's biased scorecard, but paid no attention to it.

7-4-1, Pacquiao. Here is my round by round breakdown:

1. 10-10
2. 10-9 P
3. 10-9 P
4. 10-9 P
5. 10-9 P
6. 10-9 P
7. 9-10 B
8. 10-9 P
9. 9-10 B
10. 9-10 B
11. 10-9 P
12. 9-10 B

HBO ignored the good body work and lateral movement that Bradley used in a could have gone either way round 1, to a could have gone either way, 9-11. I think Bradley took the 12th. In fact, can't see how you could give the 12th to Manny. Flip that first round to Manny and it becomes 115-113 Manny, or give Bradley the first, Pac-Man still wins 116-112. I cannot see how you could give Bradley any rounds from 2-6. Bradley did well late in the fight, but Manny did better throughout the fight and close or wide should have gotten the decision.

Jack

Spot on Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jun 12 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #294

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

It was all a ploy from the beginning. Arum knew what was going on. There's no way a man smiles in the ring as his cashcow lost a fight that everyone saw that Pacman won. SMH.....Just another way out to not allow Pacman to fight Mayweather. This man has a history of bribery and fixing fights. All he is doing is prolonging making money off of Pacquiao and all the while building up Bradley and he even stated of possibly having Marquez/Pacquiao 4. This is beyond atrocious the fight the entire world wants won't be given on time because of one fucking man!!! Pacquiao fucked himself and Mayweather warned him but he didn't listen.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 13 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #295

The Consultant

I just wonder if this fight was a conspiracy, could anyone give specifics as to how the pay-off changed hands, and the process that went down? You almost have to have a video tape or DVD of any backroom dealings going on to get a conviction in a trial situation. I think the bank accounts and any asserts or communications that judges CJ Ross and Duanne Ford who gave the fight to Bradley should be investigated. The joke is Arum himself DOING the investigation!

I mean like he's gonna have any incriminating evidence out there right in the open? WTF? I mean, corrupt he may be, but he's not stupid! I would also like to hear and follow specifics of what the Nevada Attorney General will do. I just cannot see any form of government being able to know the right questions to ask or how to collect evidence to prove wrong-doing. Arum and any conspirators will hide any evidence if such exists long before any investigators are going to know what's going on.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 13 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #296

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i re watched the fight, i see a case that could be made for 7-5, but i still think it was 8-4 to pac. one thing that did stand out is how low bradleys head was when trying to duck constantly through the fight which am certain is illegal because some dude did the same in the amateurs with me and he got warned, yet i think the ref mentioned it once in a 12 round bout unless he was on about something else.

also there was a lot of punches missed that fight, i mean the compubox numbers just seem stupid, if a power punch is anything but a jab thats landed cleanly, its bullshit, round wise id call an average of 8 clean punches by each boxer. not the 24 compubox had MP on at one point in a round

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jun 13 2012, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 15 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #297

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just want to see what kind of trumped up PPV numbers Arum is going to lie about. We already know the live gate was just under May vs Ortiz. Curious to see these PPV numbers. I'm sure they are goign to be ridiculously inflated.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jun 15 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #298

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

If it's anywhere near 1 MM buys reported, you know it's some bullshit.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 15 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #299

The Consultant

Can't compare Pacquiao-Marquez III to Bradley-Pacquiao and here is why:

Pacquiao-Marquez III is not even a bad decision. It could have gone either way. It is TREATED as a bad decision because Marquez the underdog did so much better than expected. I thought Marquez won by a point, 115-114, but would have no problem with a draw to a two-point edge for either fighter. Marquez won his rounds big. The 5th was HUGE, and if Juan had fought more of the fight like he did the 5th round, he would have won on the cards of at least two if the judges. The problem is that Manny was slicker is many rounds. So we had a real coin-flip 50/50 fight.

Out of maybe 100 people, I have found AT most five who gave Bradley-Pacquiao to Bradley, I have lost all respect for Tom Hauser, who is a great boxing historian but terrible judge and had it 115-114 for Bradley. Brian Kenny had it 116-112 for Bradley! His respect just got flushed down the toilet and he needs to stop judging fights. That man should be fired from all things boxing for a 116-112 Bradley scorecard. He deserves to be blasted, and it is justified. Has Brian crawled out from under a rock to explain his b.s scorecard? He is full of crap.

I had it 7-4-1 for Pacquiao or 116-113. I think that HBO with Jim Lampley's pom-poming of Pacquiao and the Punch stats influenced the casual viewer into believing this was a blow-out. The first round was close. (Scored it even) and the 2nd, (Scored for Pacquiao), the 7th (for Bradley,) the 9th (for Bradley,) the 10th (for Bradley) and the 12th (for Bradley) were all flip-flop rounds, NOT the 11-1 119-109 for Pacquiao, unless you were really biased, which HBO has shown to their "star fighters" for many years International feeds had much closer scores. I will even accept Jerry Roth's 115-113 Pacquiao card, with reluctance as to its closeness, but at least he had the right guy winning and that's what's important.

It seems that THE GENERAL MEDIA and HBO gave Manny all the rounds because he is a star. But the judges said in their minds, we are not going to do Manny ANY favors because maybe they read on the Internet going into the fight that Manny would not lose a decision, and they bent over backwards to compensate Bradley by treating HIM like he was the star instead of Manny. Any rounds that were not total walk-over huge Manny rounds, were given to Bradley.

And regardless if Arum fixed the fight or not, or if someone connected with Top Rank did it for him, remember that judges many times HATE to give an undefeated fighter, especially a world champion, and Tim Bradley was a world champion moving up, his first loss. They don't want that "O" to go.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 15 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #300

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 15 2012, 02:35 PM) *
I just want to see what kind of trumped up PPV numbers Arum is going to lie about. We already know the live gate was just under May vs Ortiz. Curious to see these PPV numbers. I'm sure they are goign to be ridiculously inflated.

I honestly dont think he'll truly care how much the fight does, though I wont rule out the "Top Rank Guesstimate" that we're sure to witness. If anybody has a link to the official Marquez/Pacquiao 3 PPVs numbers, then please post it. I believe Arum was in a bit of a tough spot when FMJ/Ortiz did that 1.25M, and this was the rubber match for God's sake...no way they were supposed to do less than exceptional numbers. He knew that the Mosley fight was going to tank, but for God's sake, it was Shane Mosley, a guy with a name...no way they supposed to do less than exceptional numbers.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 15 2012, 04:52 PM) *
If it's anywhere near 1 MM buys reported, you know it's some bullshit.

Yep. Honestly though, Im still expecting anywhere from 700-800k.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:23 AM