Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO's Agenda
Cshel86
post Jun 10 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay guys, this has been looming in my head for months, and I have to put this out there. It's obvious as hell that HBO is going to be the network to air the "Megafight", not that we should care much about whether it happens or not.

With that said, HBO has seemed to thrive on this, and KNOWING that the richest fight in boxing history will be aired on their station, has created this huge wave of bias, to say the least. I know that they push their house fighters, fine, that's what the network is supposed to do, but when it gets this out of control, it exceeds disgusting.

Lampley - After last night's main event, he truly chaps my ass to no end. He doesn't know shit about the action taking place in the ring, and his bias towards fighters has gotten horrendous. Listening to him becomes more of a nightmare with each fight that he calls.

Merchant - If he doesn't see a guy's organ aren't hanging out of his body, then he's obviously in a pissy mood. In no way does he further belong on the network.

Steward - What an embarrassment! For a guy that has been training as long as he has, he's now resulted to providing minimum boxing knowledge, and piggy-backing off of Lampley, who doesn't know his ass from his elbows. All he is capable of now, is reflecting on the Tommy Hearns days, which means shit, if he cant provide significant info on what's going on right in front of him.

Kellerman - He's grown on me and is likely to speak on what's actually happening in the ring, rather going along with the current agenda.

With all of this said, it seems like HBO has become arrogant as hell, since they know that the big fight will be on their network. It goes from Pac, Roach's sub par training, Khan, Donaire, Martinez, Chavez Jr., and a few others...when it comes to their bias and agenda pushing.

Rather than using this megafight exposure to help raise the ratings, they'd much rather "sell" these so-called "name" fighters and vomit a bunch of useless, bias, horseshit that usually sways viewers' perspective on what they're really watching with their very eyes.

Who else sees this resulting from HBO knowing that the megafight will be on their network?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 10 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

it was obvious nut huggery for the win, its always happened and for some reason the quality of there commentating has gone to shit in recent years. i sometimes wonder if its HBO pushing that agenda or them speaking freely, its probably the former, and men at there age cant really be trying to find other jobs at the moment can they now

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Jun 10 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,368

Why is it at big ppv fights its always the big three (Lampley, Steward, Merchant or swapped with Kellerman). They should have one ex-fighter to commentate at all times along with Lampley and Kellerman or with Steward. What happened to Roy Jones Jr commentating? how bout George Foreman? or Sugar Ray Leonard? seriously. They need former fighters to commentate to balance out the bias shit they spit out. Also we can get opinions on how a fight is going thru a former' fighter's mind.

HBO needs to step up seriously. Showtime at least have Tarver at all times to commentate.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jun 10 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Who else sees this resulting from HBO knowing that the megafight will be on their network?

EVERYONE of us.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jun 10 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

They should get Teddy and pair him up with Kellerman and Roy. Don't know why its so difficult.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2012, 01:25 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Okay guys, this has been looming in my head for months, and I have to put this out there. It's obvious as hell that HBO is going to be the network to air the "Megafight", not that we should care much about whether it happens or not.

With that said, HBO has seemed to thrive on this, and KNOWING that the richest fight in boxing history will be aired on their station, has created this huge wave of bias, to say the least. I know that they push their house fighters, fine, that's what the network is supposed to do, but when it gets this out of control, it exceeds disgusting.

Lampley - After last night's main event, he truly chaps my ass to no end. He doesn't know shit about the action taking place in the ring, and his bias towards fighters has gotten horrendous. Listening to him becomes more of a nightmare with each fight that he calls.

Merchant - If he doesn't see a guy's organ aren't hanging out of his body, then he's obviously in a pissy mood. In no way does he further belong on the network.

Steward - What an embarrassment! For a guy that has been training as long as he has, he's now resulted to providing minimum boxing knowledge, and piggy-backing off of Lampley, who doesn't know his ass from his elbows. All he is capable of now, is reflecting on the Tommy Hearns days, which means shit, if he cant provide significant info on what's going on right in front of him.

Kellerman - He's grown on me and is likely to speak on what's actually happening in the ring, rather going along with the current agenda.

With all of this said, it seems like HBO has become arrogant as hell, since they know that the big fight will be on their network. It goes from Pac, Roach's sub par training, Khan, Donaire, Martinez, Chavez Jr., and a few others...when it comes to their bias and agenda pushing.

Rather than using this megafight exposure to help raise the ratings, they'd much rather "sell" these so-called "name" fighters and vomit a bunch of useless, bias, horseshit that usually sways viewers' perspective on what they're really watching with their very eyes.

it's good to know i'm not alone in how i view this. it's amazing to me that pac was able to fight so well for 12 rounds while lampley performed felatio on him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously...hbo/lamps/lederman/compubox is to boxing what fox news is to politics. spin zone.

it's sad to see/hear all these sheeple repeat the bullshit everywhere. they have no clue and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 11 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Man that Pacquiao-Bradley fight was definitely the most nuthugging I've ever seen from HBO. I think everybody got a bit of their jizz on them that night. I usually ignore bias, but that was clear as day to me. I don't know if HBO has an Agenda or their quality just simply went downhill.

I used to like Lampley, but idk what happened to him. He used to call the fight like it was, but now he clearly does worship some fighters.
I don't know how Steward is a trainer, because this guy lots of the time has nothing smart or worthy to say.
Merchant... Oh Merchant.
Kellerman, I see a toss up with Kellerman, sometimes he nuthugs, sometimes he doesn't, that night he DID.

Out of Foreman, Lewis, and Roy Jones... I'd probably say Jones is the best at calling things and least biased of the three, Foreman being the most biased, and Lewis just not putting much useful info on the match.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2012, 02:22 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 11 2012, 03:05 AM) *
Man that Pacquiao-Bradley fight was definitely the most nuthugging I've ever seen from HBO. I think everybody got a bit of their jizz on them that night. I usually ignore bias, but that was clear as day to me. I don't know if HBO has an Agenda or their quality just simply went downhill.

I used to like Lampley, but idk what happened to him. He used to call the fight like it was, but now he clearly does worship some fighters.
I don't know how Steward is a trainer, because this guy lots of the time has nothing smart or worthy to say.
Merchant... Oh Merchant.
Kellerman, I see a toss up with Kellerman, sometimes he nuthugs, sometimes he doesn't, that night he DID.

Out of Foreman, Lewis, and Roy Jones... I'd probably say Jones is the best at calling things and least biased of the three, Foreman being the most biased, and Lewis just not putting much useful info on the match.

lampley pre-dlh was bearable. lampley these days is too homotional. he's the biggest cheerleader on hbo. give that guy some pom-poms. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Plah @ Jun 11 2012, 12:39 AM) *
They should get Teddy and pair him up with Kellerman and Roy. Don't know why its so difficult.

Let's play this Teddy Atlas thing out real quick, shall we? First off, I like Atlas, nothing wrong with him. He breaks down the action and explains boxing to anyone who has no idea what's going on. Sad thing is, he has no peoblem lifting Bob's skirt at any given moment and he speaks freely on why he thinks Manny is on PEDs.

THAT would be a HUUUUGE problem for HBO, because again, they have an agenda in place. Atlas is a VERY convincing figure, and has no shame in his dialogue. There's a distinct reason why he will NEVER rise above ESPN FNFs, unless a network is willing to take a risk.

HBO KNOWS that they have the "megafight" in the bag, so there's no need to have Teddy in place "telling the truth" and ruining their shine. He will make Steward look like shit, because of course he's a trainer and is "supposed" to be the boxing brain of HBO (which is bullshit). To HBO, Teddy is that little brother who blackmails the hell outta you, and has no problem telling in you.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2012, 02:25 AM) *
it's good to know i'm not alone in how i view this. it's amazing to me that pac was able to fight so well for 12 rounds while lampley performed felatio on him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously...hbo/lamps/lederman/compubox is to boxing what fox news is to politics. spin zone.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Im a bit tired of the "spin" myself, and they are what's ruining the sport, not these predetermined decisions in order to keep the ball rolling, whether an agenda is in place. It's almost like they are afraid to speak on what's really happening, as if Arum has the power to have them fired. Maybe he has them by the balls as well. I know Steward's fighter (Andy Lee) is fighting one of Bob's top guys (Chavez) this weekend, so Im sure he didn't want to ruin things (i.e. a paycheck for him and his fighter).

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2012, 02:25 AM) *
it's sad to see/hear all these sheeple repeat the bullshit everywhere. they have no clue and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

"Sheeple"??? Sheep + People? Perhaps? Lol

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Jun 11 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

Call me crazy but I watched the last 6 rounds on a Russian stream and I gave Bradley 4 of the 6 rounds. I gave Pacman the 7th and the 11th. It was a close fight. I didn't see Bradley running like most people feel, he had two messed up ankles and he could barely pivot when throwing his shots. Pac landed some hard flush shots but they were here and there only. He didn't control the fight or anything. If anything Bradley was the one getting off first and getting off last. I speak little Russian and the Russian commentators weren't really surprised by the decision I felt that they were watching the same fight I was watching. Meanwhile everyone in the US from fans to athletes, media, ect. is screaming robbery.

This post has been edited by pesticid: Jun 11 2012, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:16 PM