IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime: All Access, Anybody catch it?
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously, I DVR'd the Victor Ortiz segment last week and finally got a chance to watch it yesterday. Good stuff, I must admit. Unlike 24/7, I actually felt like I got my 30 mins worth. I mean damn, it felt like I was watching it for an hour, and only 16 minutes had passed.

Maybe it was because of all the good material in it. Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of HBO's 24/7, but as of late, it's gone to shit along with the quality of commentating and so forth. Anyway, if you didn't catch it, here it is for you to watch whenever you get a chance...

After you watch it, tell me what you think. Does 24/7 have some stiff competition? Is Showtime 1-upping HBO? My honest answer to these question is...HELL YES! Tired of HBO...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jun 20 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Man, watching this is just too hard.

Ortiz is still not in peace with his mental case headbutting alter ego and his whining is making it fkn hard for me to continue watching...gotta power through this...

Ok, I finished watching it.
I have to say, this approach to a 24/7 format is good. I really like the idea of fighters watching their fights and commentating whats going on. What I don't like is Victor Ortiz. But I hope he wins and fights Canelo.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Jun 20 2012, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 20 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Ortiz is a bitch. There were no elbows. He's changed his story so many times. I watched the fight numerous times specifically to see if Victor had reason to retaliate. Floyd didnt elbow him. Victor was headbutting Floyd and rabbit punching him from round 1. He is a liar and delusional. He said none of this elbow shit after the fight.He was completely cool with Floyd afterwards. And WTF does the ref need to be looking for? YOU need to be looking?

Also, I agree with everyone that Victor showed tremendous heart in that thrilling victory. However, they kind of made it seem like he won with skill. That was as Gatti/Ward as it gets.

Victor is quickly becoming a brat and a workout warrior who's muscles will outweigh his skill.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 21 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Am I the only one that thinks Victor Ortiz is just a little loose upstairs? I'll watch him fight ANY day, but he does himself no favors by explaining things and his manager doesn't help the cause either. Ortiz seems like one of those guys that will wack everybody in sight, if his girlfriend breaks up with him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, he's still a pretty good fighter, and he's doing a good job of promoting himself, whether it's incriminating or not.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jun 21 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 21 2012, 08:03 AM) *
Am I the only one that thinks Victor Ortiz is just a little loose upstairs? I'll watch him fight ANY day, but he does himself no favors by explaining things and his manager doesn't help the cause either. Ortiz seems like one of those guys that will wack everybody in sight, if his girlfriend breaks up with him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, he's still a pretty good fighter, and he's doing a good job of promoting himself, whether it's incriminating or not.

You are right, sir.

He is a decent fighter, but lacks any sense of....sense. Can't stand him talking about Mayweather fight. However, his fight with Berto had me excited all over the fkn place...He kind of resembles ODLH in terms of being the nice guy for the public but with pretty fucked up attitude boiling inside ready to snap. For Oscar, the snap happened after his retirement. Sadly for Victoria, he snapped during a fight...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 21 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

You're right guys, his feeble recollection of the Mayweather fight, does him no favors. I think we were all excited about the Berto rematch, twice. It's almost like Christmas was cancelled twice, but seriously, I was actually hoping that HBO picked up the rematch rather than Showtime...just to keep tradition going. Lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:33 AM