Cheesey1
post Jun 22 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 22 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Wow that's a very interesting note....

Funny how Arum's fighters are still allowed to skip out on tests...

Yeah, Arum must have a lot of photos and other incriminating evidence in his vaults.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 22 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Im in shock over this one and itll be curious to see how he handles steroid issues being brought up in future telecast. Speaking of which, anyone think this may steer Showtime away from him for a while?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 22 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 22 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Im in shock over this one and itll be curious to see how he handles steroid issues being brought up in future telecast. Speaking of which, anyone think this may steer Showtime away from him for a while?

Another question. Shouldn't they reverse the decision and make Kayode the winner?

Showtime should definitely stay away from Tarver.

I just read the article on the front page and I want to hear Tarver's side of the story, but it doesn't look good for hm at all.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jun 22 2012, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jun 22 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #14

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 22 2012, 04:21 PM) *
To be fair, since Floyd Mayweather Jr. was essentially the first boxer to be so vocal about P.E.D testing, his opinion should matter.

I'm not saying that it's the gospel, but the man deserves some respect

Well to most of the posters on fighthype even you, what Floyd says is gospel. When have you or one of his disiples on here were on the other end of a Floyd issue?

I respect what Floyd does in the ring but his PED issue has always and will always be about pacquiao. If there was no pacquiao in Floyds life then he wouldnt give a two shits about PEDs. For him it's not about cleaning up the sport, because if it was he would be doing more about cleaning it up. Like going to the commissions or government to do more about it, instead if just running his mouth about pacquiao.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 22 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Tarver f*cked himself with this one. His comments regarding the tests are getting slammed by boxing writers, he's just in a bad space. And Showtime has said he will not be apart of the broadcast team tomorrow night. I was actually hoping in a sense that he'd get a brief moment to speak on it but that won't happen. The veil of PEDs and how it relates to boxing is slowly being lifted and it just solidifies that there will be more fighters testing positive in the future. This is worse for Tarver then it is for Berto or Peterson, Tarver is likely going to face stiff punishment and that could mean the end of his career

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jun 22 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Why cant you wait to hear what Floyds opinion is? Is he your daddy? Some people cant live eat sleep or do a #2 without hearing what he says.

I try to give every1 the benefit of the doubt on this site.... But after asking such a stupid question I might have to categorize you as ignorant or a complete moron. So I ask what is the biggest possible fight in all of boxing? Could it be Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather? What allegedly was the original reason why the fight didn't occur? Could it be drug testing? Who has been ridiculed the most for suggesting that such strenuous test take place? I'll wait for an answer..... Fuck that you really might not have a clue. The answer would be Floyd Mayweather. He deserves some credit for being right about there being an obvious problem in the sport. How bout you hop off Rather than ask me some straight stupid shit for the sake of having a convo. I could have swore I was on fighthype......

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 22 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 23 2012, 12:31 AM) *
Tarver f*cked himself with this one. His comments regarding the tests are getting slammed by boxing writers, he's just in a bad space. And Showtime has said he will not be apart of the broadcast team tomorrow night. I was actually hoping in a sense that he'd get a brief moment to speak on it but that won't happen. The veil of PEDs and how it relates to boxing is slowly being lifted and it just solidifies that there will be more fighters testing positive in the future. This is worse for Tarver then it is for Berto or Peterson, Tarver is likely going to face stiff punishment and that could mean the end of his career

Tell me about it. I was reading his tweets, and he seemed have the notion that he would be calling the fight tomorrow night. As you said, it's already a bad sign that Showtime made it clear that he wont be a part of the telecast tomorrow.

With a small step like that, it sort of reminds me of bank account fraud...the culprit makes a small purchase with your card number, and after getting away with it, then comes the "out-of-the-ass purchase that shows up on your bank statement. I expect a poindexter at Showtime to take this shit to the fullest extent and make sure he's off the air soon.

I cant say that he doesn't add light to the show, that would be a lie. If he doesn't fight again, then fine, but by all means, dont deprive the fans of quality commentary, since HBO staff find new and improved ways of dicking it up.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jun 22 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Well to most of the posters on fighthype even you, what Floyd says is gospel. When have you or one of his disiples on here were on the other end of a Floyd issue?

I respect what Floyd does in the ring but his PED issue has always and will always be about pacquiao. If there was no pacquiao in Floyds life then he wouldnt give a two shits about PEDs. For him it's not about cleaning up the sport, because if it was he would be doing more about cleaning it up. Like going to the commissions or government to do more about it, instead if just running his mouth about pacquiao.

You COULD be right. BUT since there IS a Pacquiao your point is irrelevant. Pacquiao may very well be the deciding factor with Floyd's decision on drug testing. But it doesn't change the fact he has been adamant about BOxing needing to be cleaned up because of drugs. No matter the reason he was/is right....

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 23 2012, 05:22 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

That's just crazy

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 23 2012, 05:28 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 12:03 AM) *

Oh another one of these guys that think this is "floydhype.com"

He's helping cleaning up the sport by making cheating and a better testing more aware. Now more and more people are jumping on the wagon, to start better testing for their fights.

It's crazy because you got someone like Tarver juicing. You know how sacred Tarver is in the game? It's like finally catching Floyd or Pacquiao for cheating.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:46 AM