Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tarver test positive, Anabolic steroid
mgrover
post Jun 23 2012, 07:34 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Nah its more like catching Floyd since if PAC is caught its just an I told you so by Floyd. I think its coincidence that Floyd called it right, but whether he's right or wrong its obvious that its what boxing needs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 23 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Well to most of the posters on fighthype even you, what Floyd says is gospel. When have you or one of his disiples on here were on the other end of a Floyd issue?

I respect what Floyd does in the ring but his PED issue has always and will always be about pacquiao. If there was no pacquiao in Floyds life then he wouldnt give a two shits about PEDs. For him it's not about cleaning up the sport, because if it was he would be doing more about cleaning it up. Like going to the commissions or government to do more about it, instead if just running his mouth about pacquiao.

I sincerely doubt that you've read every one of my posts re. Floyd Mayweather. If you have, then you have my sincere thanks. That being said, I'll freely admit that I think that he's the best.

As far as the PED issue and why Mayweather brought it up. Yes it was in the context of Pacquaio (as far as I'm aware), but is that because where's there's smoke there's fire re. Pacquaio's history, or because he was looking for an excuse?

I try not to deal in 'ifs,' conjecture etc. All I know is the fact that Floyd Mayweather was essentially the first boxer to make P.E.Ds an issue.

As far as him not going to commissions etc., to me that's just an example of trying to bring his claims into disrepute by making it seem, as you said that he's "just running his mouth about Pacquaio." He brought a lot of attention to the matter and deserves his due credit for that.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jun 23 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #23

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:51 AM) *
I sincerely doubt that you've read every one of my posts re. Floyd Mayweather. If you have, then you have my sincere thanks. That being said, I'll freely admit that I think that he's the best.

As far as the PED issue and why Mayweather brought it up. Yes it was in the context of Pacquaio (as far as I'm aware), but is that because where's there's smoke there's fire re. Pacquaio's history, or because he was looking for an excuse?

I try not to deal in 'ifs,' conjecture etc. All I know is the fact that Floyd Mayweather was essentially the first boxer to make P.E.Ds an issue.

As far as him not going to commissions etc., to me that's just an example of trying to bring his claims into disrepute by making it seem, as you said that he's "just running his mouth about Pacquaio." He brought a lot of attention to the matter and deserves his due credit for that.

Well for Floyd it will always only be about Pacquiao when it concerns PEDS. His talk about wanting a clean sport would get more positive feedback from the media and public if he went to the commissions and the government and made a REAL stance about PEDS. Who Floyd is and his power in boxing the people that can make that change to clean up the sport would really listen. Instead his talk is all about money and what he has, and there is no substance to the person he is. I personally would have more respect for him as a man if he went to the commissions and government and demanded more stringent testing. But no all you get is him talking pacquiao this and pacquiao that to people that don't matter. All I'm saying for all the people that are saying Floyd a pioneer in this PED stuff are way off, because he could do WAY more if he really believed in this.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 23 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Well for Floyd it will always only be about Pacquiao when it concerns PEDS. His talk about wanting a clean sport would get more positive feedback from the media and public if he went to the commissions and the government and made a REAL stance about PEDS. Who Floyd is and his power in boxing the people that can make that change to clean up the sport would really listen. Instead his talk is all about money and what he has, and there is no substance to the person he is. I personally would have more respect for him as a man if he went to the commissions and government and demanded more stringent testing. But no all you get is him talking pacquiao this and pacquiao that to people that don't matter. All I'm saying for all the people that are saying Floyd a pioneer in this PED stuff are way off, because he could do WAY more if he really believed in this.

Floyd was also vocal for years about Shane Mosley roiding also. Just sayin

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jun 23 2012, 03:43 PM

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jun 23 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Floyd was also vocal for years about Shane Mosley roiding also. Just sayin

Dude, Shane was an admitted roid user. He admitted to it during the balco sandal years ago. He roided for the second De la hoya fight and prolly before then too. What you are giving Floyd credit for saying Shane was on the juice when he already had been caught? And That was a time when Floyd was a nobody and not as famous as he is now. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this better testing thing in boxing. But I think if thats going to happen the most powerful in boxing need to make a stand ala going to the commissions, government(congress) and make a true stand against it. Floyd has a chance to be someone who made change but its not going to happen the way he's doing it. At least he won't get credit for it.

Btw I'm all for world peace and against racism and have been for years. So when it happens world peace comes and racism ends I want credit for making it happen since I said something about it. Lol

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jun 23 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Dude, Shane was an admitted roid user. He admitted to it during the balco sandal years ago. He roided for the second De la hoya fight and prolly before then too. What you are giving Floyd credit for saying Shane was on the juice when he already had been caught? And That was a time when Floyd was a nobody and not as famous as he is now. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this better testing thing in boxing. But I think if thats going to happen the most powerful in boxing need to make a stand ala going to the commissions, government(congress) and make a true stand against it. Floyd has a chance to be someone who made change but its not going to happen the way he's doing it. At least he won't get credit for it.

Btw I'm all for world peace and against racism and have been for years. So when it happens world peace comes and racism ends I want credit for making it happen since I said something about it. Lol

Hmm... I recognize a troll when I see one... won't feed it.

P34c3

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 23 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Tell me about it. I was reading his tweets, and he seemed have the notion that he would be calling the fight tomorrow night. As you said, it's already a bad sign that Showtime made it clear that he wont be a part of the telecast tomorrow.

With a small step like that, it sort of reminds me of bank account fraud...the culprit makes a small purchase with your card number, and after getting away with it, then comes the "out-of-the-ass purchase that shows up on your bank statement. I expect a poindexter at Showtime to take this shit to the fullest extent and make sure he's off the air soon.

I cant say that he doesn't add light to the show, that would be a lie. If he doesn't fight again, then fine, but by all means, dont deprive the fans of quality commentary, since HBO staff find new and improved ways of dicking it up.

True indeed. I think a suspension is definitely in the cards for him at this point and he's a 43 yr old with noticeable declining skills. A suspension could very well mean the end of his career, and what a way to end it if this holds up.

And I hope at he does get to stay on the broadcast team for Showtime, but the way it's looking, he may be out. He's a very solid announcer and he gives some great feedback and compliments the other commentators well.

+Quote Post
ristwrap
post Jun 24 2012, 04:41 AM
Post #28

Amateur

Member No.: 13,449

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 22 2012, 07:51 PM) *
"got any excuses antonio?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what's even more fucked up is all 3 caught were haymon fighters.

bad ass pic

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 24 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

anybody heard anything from the B sample?

+Quote Post
gbh32001
post Jun 24 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #30

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,255

Floyd knows that cheating is rampant.He is not privy to this coz he himself is cheating. Haymon knows, GBP knows, TR knows, all of them cheating anyway for the sake of $$$$$.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:31 PM