IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Alverez Vs. Erislandy Lara anyone?
leonthegee
post Jun 25 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Laras a good opponent but hes not box office material. I think he still has a lot to prove as a pro. If I was Canelo I wouldnt give him a shot. If Lara keeps winning a fact next year could be worth a lot more. With a potential Mayweather fight on the horizon I would be looking to upgrade my profile. Id fight someone who I would look good against like Kirkland or Angulo. Those bums come straight forward and would make for an exicting fight. Laras too risky with Floyd about to get out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

High risk, low reward. Not happenin'. Guys claim to be hardcore boxing fans, but drool over the idea of these type of fights being made. Not only that, but along the way, they forget about the business side of the sport and claim that "it's dead" when fights either dont happen or end in weird fashions.

My bet is that Molina will be next for Canelo on Sept. 15th. Everybody's yelling for Lara to get his shot, but they really want to see him stop Canelo, typical, no problem with that.

Here's where it gets tricky (well, not really), people who are REAL boxing fans, would know that Molina gave Lara all types of shit and actually beat him, but the fight was declared a draw. No need to put Canelo in there with somebody can crack, but yet, they cant do anything with him image-wise...there's no profit in that.

So, if you look at it...Molina is good enough to:

1. Give Lara (who is a B-level fighter (at best) with good power) fits (or beat him).
2. Beat James Kirkland (who may have had a shoulder injury going into the fight, but is slow as shit either way)

With this said, he's a good enough "threat" for Canelo, and should be given a consolation prize for the fuckery that happened in Texas. The story would be, Molina has given Lara hell, actually beat Kirkland but was robbed, gave Chavez Jr. the fight of his life twice, and deserves a shot at the stage.

Truth is, Canelo's quick enough to crack him (unlike Kirkland), but at times will be vulnerable enough to succumb to Molina's game plan that always seems to work...which makes for a great fight, with little risk.

Ortiz couldn't even put out Lopez (whose a small WW), so Im sure they would've found a way to call that Sept. 15th fight off. Ortiz's recent performance raised more questions, than actually answering them. Kirkland cant decide if his shoulder is actually hurt or not. Williams is out. Lara is Cuban (nuff said). Golden Boy can recycle Molina and "promise" to give fans a good fight this time. Hell, Canelo could actually fight Angulo in Mexico by the ned of this year, since he fights so damn often.

None of this is official, but I see Molina being the man to get this fight. Besides, this is Canelo's first time headlining a PPV card, so he wont be in there with somebody who can actually beat him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'd rather see canelo fight molina.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 26 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Looks like its gonna be K9 Bundrage. What a cop out. I like Bundrage, but i think he's a worse opponent than a Shane Mosley rematch. Bundrage has no shot. Looks like they are running scared from Lara.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

quintana would have been a good selection. even the other puerto rican kid that just beat sechew powell....then u have the whole mexico vs p.r. thing....and a solid match with either guy.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 26 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2012, 02:18 AM) *
quintana would have been a good selection. even the other puerto rican kid that just beat sechew powell....then u have the whole mexico vs p.r. thing....and a solid match with either guy.

I wouldn't rule Quitana out either. He just scored an upset KO over Lattimore (though he's beat before) after a long layoff. Besides, he IS the first guy to beat Paul Williams, and they wanted to promote it as if Williams was a legit threat to Canelo (which he was), so who better to put in front of Canelo than the guy who beat Williams and just had a KO victory?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 26 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I would like to see this fight but it better not be PPV. Im not paying for this shit lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jun 26 2012, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jun 26 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

I think Lara schools him, the more Canelo misses, the more he'd pay!!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 25 2012, 10:23 AM) *
Laras a good opponent but hes not box office material. I think he still has a lot to prove as a pro. If I was Canelo I wouldnt give him a shot. If Lara keeps winning a fact next year could be worth a lot more. With a potential Mayweather fight on the horizon I would be looking to upgrade my profile. Id fight someone who I would look good against like Kirkland or Angulo. Those bums come straight forward and would make for an exicting fight. Laras too risky with Floyd about to get out.

Kirkland aint coming back into the picture, it's a thousand and one things going on with him and his camp from money to fight Canelo to his injury not being properly healed yet. And Angulo and Canelo would be interesting but he got his ass handed to him by Kirkland, Lara got ribbed against Williams. Lara poses a bigger threat then both Angulo and Kirkland to me because they are 1 track fighters. Besides, Angulo is fighting deportation and locked away, he won't be available for quite some time. And even then he should get some W's under his belt before he gets a crack at a title

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 26 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Looks like its gonna be K9 Bundrage. What a cop out. I like Bundrage, but i think he's a worse opponent than a Shane Mosley rematch. Bundrage has no shot. Looks like they are running scared from Lara.

I read that too. Bundrage will be looking to cash out in that fight. Looks like they're just playing it safe...and your right, they're hiding from lara

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:36 AM