IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Alverez Vs. Erislandy Lara anyone?
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Same here Professor...after both of their last fights, I have questions about their power. They both hit hard, this is true, but do that hit hard as people make it seem? Canelo couldn't send a 40-year old Mosley to the canvas, but small ass Pacquiao could?

Well...maybe that makes Manny seem questionable. Lara hit Hernandez with everything that he wanted to hit him with, and no Hernandez-to-canvas that night. It seems that if their opponent can take their punches, then they are stuck in these weird patches of confusion during the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 2 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I think there's a stigma if prospects aren't putting there opponents away its viewed as a bad fight for them, I mean winning via unanimous decision is great in my books, if the knock-out comes fine, as long as they outclassed the opponent. But they seem to push for the KO at times and it just doesn't work well in there favour.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 2 2012, 08:34 PM) *
I think there's a stigma if prospects aren't putting there opponents away its viewed as a bad fight for them, I mean winning via unanimous decision is great in my books, if the knock-out comes fine, as long as they outclassed the opponent. But they seem to push for the KO at times and it just doesn't work well in there favour.

Im glad his fight went the distance though. I was actually getting tired of seeing Lara get guys out of there so damn quick, it really didn't help in his "rise to the top", so to speak. Nowadays, if a fighter appears to be too much of a threat, then he doesn't get bigger fights because of "business". It's really a catch-22 though...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Same here Professor...after both of their last fights, I have questions about their power. They both hit hard, this is true, but do that hit hard as people make it seem? Canelo couldn't send a 40-year old Mosley to the canvas, but small ass Pacquiao could?

Well...maybe that makes Manny seem questionable. Lara hit Hernandez with everything that he wanted to hit him with, and no Hernandez-to-canvas that night. It seems that if their opponent can take their punches, then they are stuck in these weird patches of confusion during the fight.

u know...this whole pac punching power thing has always had me speculating. i am convinced that it has everything to do with rehydration restrictions....but something else has recently caused me to raise an eye brow...that whole situation in the jcc jr/andy lee fight where lee asked to weigh jr's gloves and they declined. i wonder if they are pulling fast ones with the gloves. u can have gloves made with a different density of foam and that would make a huge difference on how a punch would feel. they would look like regular gloves....but the only way to truly tell the difference would be by weighing them. the appearance difference wouldn't be anything alarming because they would still appear to have the same dimensions. the foam would feel like a normal glove in the beginning...but warming up with mitt work....and breaking them in over a 12 round fight. who knows? i'd like to see that investigated.

hernandez was starched with a single shot against berto...but things to consider....that was in the first round. he may have still been cold. also, it was at 147. not sure he was fully rehydrated. that makes a difference.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 09:39 PM) *
i wonder if they are pulling fast ones with the gloves.

Shhhh...dont say that too loud. Investigation is blasphemy sir (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 3 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Shhhh...dont say that too loud. Investigation is blasphemy sir (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think i'll make a few threads about it to inspire one of the writers to investigate this further.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 6 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

At this point, Im tired of this "Canelo Sweepstakes" bullcrap. I find it funny that they (Golden Boy) find these opponents for him, who are not a big threat, but they do it to put his name out there. Oh my bad, that's simply promotion. Moving on...

With the above stated, good business move for GBP. It's a "sweepstakes" when a less threatening opponent is named. They ride the hell out of Floyd's name and his PPV cards, big deal. Problem is, when a threat is named for the "sweepstakes", suddenly, Canelo is "still young" and "we're trying to build him up slowly".

Seriously, what in the hell is it? If its a sweepstakes, then he should be ready for whoever. I understand that guys will pick Canelo if they're offered to fight anybody else at 154 (aside from Cotto), but damn, Golden Boy making it too big of a deal.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:28 AM