IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Malignaggi vs Mayweather, Anyone else interested?
Kratza
post Jun 29 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

Personally i'd love to see this fight because of the simple fact i believe he's the only guy who can give Mayweather a legitimately hard time in the ring. I don't think he'll get the chance this year though he has to fight legitimate fighter like Devon Alexander/Kell Brook, then the winner from the fight (whoever he faces) gets Mayweather in May/June of 2012.
The fights with alexander/Brook/Mayweather i would watch instantly, 3 great fights that could be made.
What do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jun 29 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Mayweather by easy UD. Paulie is quick but it takes more than speed to beat Mayweather. Judah and Ortiz showed that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 29 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Personally I don't see mayweather coming down from 154 unless its for pac. His biggest cash opportunities are at 154, whether its Canelo a Cotto rematch or Martinez. There really isn't much competition for him at 147 those guys are still not on his level.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 29 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The only way I would be interested in this fight, is if that WW tournament that Ben conjured up actually came to pass. In that case (has Paulie won the tournament), he would've at least been deemed worthy of such a fight. Even 3 years ago when Paulie and Cintron's names were brought up for a possible Mayweather fight, it still didn't strike interest.

It's clear that Paulie is past his best days, though he'll give anybody a good scrap. What's with this "Mayweather wont move down from 154" stuff? Hasn't he done it before. Canelo IS a money fight for him, that's it, the Martinez fight wont happen. You gotta look at guys at 147 like Khan (who is a money fight), even the likes of the winner of an Alexander/Bradley rematch.

I have to keep reminding people that Sergio has nothing to offer, especially at 154, he's been a MW for almost 3 years now. Again, it's funny how Sergio was offered a Kirkland fight at 54 and said that James would have to come up to 160...but when a Mayweather fight is delusionally uttered, Sergio cant decide if he's a MW or a Jr. MW. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 29 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

I just don't think mayweather would be interested in what the division has to offer. Especially with Khan losing and being so one dimensional, I just don't see any sense in him going down for less money with these guys who seem to be having so much trouble with each other when he could fight cotto or Canelo and break the bank.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 29 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 29 2012, 09:41 PM) *
I just don't think mayweather would be interested in what the division has to offer. Especially with Khan losing and being so one dimensional, I just don't see any sense in him going down for less money with these guys who seem to be having so much trouble with each other when he could fight cotto or Canelo and break the bank.

I agree. I do wish that the Martinez fight was possible, but we can blame that on Sergio's management and him knocking out Williams. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 29 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 08:46 PM) *
I agree. I do wish that the Martinez fight was possible, but we can blame that on Sergio's management and him knocking out Williams. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I wouldnt be surprised though if we see mayweather willing to drain Martinez for a fight at 154 if Martinez struggles but beats chavez. He would have more star power at that point

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jun 29 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 29 2012, 06:00 PM) *
I wouldnt be surprised though if we see mayweather willing to drain Martinez for a fight at 154 if Martinez struggles but beats chavez. He would have more star power at that point

Now Floyds draining Martinez at 154. STFU you jealous bitch.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 30 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 29 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Now Floyds draining Martinez at 154. STFU you jealous bitch.

??? Have no idea what you mean.. but cool story bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Jun 30 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

mayweathet fighting malignaggi would be jmm like performance, just complete domination. i would like to see mayweather fight tim bradley but bob would make things complicated and won't allow it to happen.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:01 PM