IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rigondeaux, moreno, mares, russell, agbeko, donaire...., until they fight each other...
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

this is how i have them rated:

1. rigondeaux
2. moreno
3. mares
4. agbeko
5. donaire
6. arce
7. wv2
8. darchinyan
9. mijares
10. rojas

there needs to be some kind of tournament or something....let these guys work it out.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 2 2012, 02:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 2 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 12:02 PM) *

1. rigondeaux
2. moreno
3. mares
4. agbeko
5. donaire
6. arce
7. wv2
8. darchinyan
9. mijares
10. rojas

there needs to be some kind of tournament or something....let these guys work it out.

Thats an alright ratings. But i guess you have your perference. To me its Rigondeax A. and Donaire B. with whos on top. After that id put Mares or Moreno. And for the rest who cares, they are just retreads. No offense but Agbeko has no business ahead of Donaire. But i guess most people on here have there bias' against Flips. Anyways I'd love to see Rigo, Donaire, Mares and Moreno in a tournament.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Jul 2 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 08:02 PM) *

1. rigondeaux
2. moreno
3. mares
4. agbeko
5. donaire
6. arce
7. wv2
8. darchinyan
9. mijares
10. rojas

You forgot Russell

But i'd have it:
1. Rigondeaux
2. Arce
3. Russell Jr
4. Donaire
5. Wv2

Cant comment on the rest as i havent seen them in action

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 2 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Thats an alright ratings. But i guess you have your perference. To me its Rigondeax A. and Donaire B. with whos on top. After that id put Mares or Moreno. And for the rest who cares, they are just retreads. No offense but Agbeko has no business ahead of Donaire. But i guess most people on here have there bias' against Flips. Anyways I'd love to see Rigo, Donaire, Mares and Moreno in a tournament.

no bias against filipinos at all. donaire has 2 great ko's against darchinyan and montiel....but outside of that he looks very ordinary. saw him struggle with concepcion, the undersized argentine who's name i can't recall....and vasquez. i think he's good...but nothing special.

i think rigondeaux and moreno are special and both are capable of beating everyone on the list. agbeko is there because i thought he was jobbed in both fights with mares...i also believe he has a lot left.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 2 2012, 05:22 PM) *
You forgot Russell

But i'd have it:
1. Rigondeaux
2. Arce
3. Russell Jr
4. Donaire
5. Wv2

russell is very talented and will be on the list as soon as he faces a known commodity. i was very disappointed to hear him say he wants juanma next. i'd really like to see him face a challenge. beating a guy who's coming off 2 ko losses is not really a challenge.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 2 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 02:56 PM) *
no bias against filipinos at all. donaire has 2 great ko's against darchinyan and montiel....but outside of that he looks very ordinary. saw him struggle with concepcion, the undersized argentine who's name i can't recall....and vasquez. i think he's good...but nothing special.

i think rigondeaux and moreno are special and both are capable of beating everyone on the list. agbeko is there because i thought he was jobbed in both fights with mares...i also believe he has a lot left.

I hear ya, but to each there own. I think Rigo and Moreno are good fighters maybe great but IMO Donaire is just as good and potentially better. Everyone that Donaire has fought goes in there with a mindset just to survive and therefore makes for a bad fight. His fight with that Argentine was a fight where that dude just wanted to survive and nothing more. And his fight with WV2 was good and he pulled that out like a champion. IMO i think WV2 has been underrated by people. Personally I think Rigo's wins can be hyped up a little and Moreno is a good fighter but i think Mares is better if given a chance but as of right now i'd rank Moreno higher than Mares. But overrall my top 4 are THE top guys in the division and a tournament with them would be great.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 2 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 2 2012, 02:22 PM) *
You forgot Russell

But i'd have it:
1. Rigondeaux
2. Arce
3. Russell Jr
4. Donaire
5. Wv2

What are you smoking? Arce and Russell in the top 3 ahead of Moreno, Mares and Donaire? Dont get me wrong i love watching Arce fight as he is an animal and he never dissapoints, but Russell is just a contender/prospect. Russell does has some real potential but the dude is fighting girls/club fighters right now. I know its hard not to fall in love with his speed but fight someone with a pulse and then we can talk.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Jul 2 2012, 05:28 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I like Russell, but the guy has no business on anybody's list right about now. If you have him on your list, then it's obvious that you're not as big a boxing fan as you say you are. No way this guy should be in anybody's top 10 when he hasn't even fought a top 10 fighter.

If you care to argue your point, then it's obvious that HBO is educating you on boxing right about now, which is blasphemy. As for Rigondeaux, I like him too and Im sure most of the guys on the list want no parts of him, but beating Kennedy and Ramos doesn't mean he should be at the top of the list just yet. Maybe around 3 or 4, but not #1 just yet.

Im sure Mares would cry a river over that #1 spot since he won that tournament last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 2 2012, 06:22 PM) *
I hear ya, but to each there own. I think Rigo and Moreno are good fighters maybe great but IMO Donaire is just as good and potentially better. Everyone that Donaire has fought goes in there with a mindset just to survive and therefore makes for a bad fight. His fight with that Argentine was a fight where that dude just wanted to survive and nothing more. And his fight with WV2 was good and he pulled that out like a champion. IMO i think WV2 has been underrated by people. Personally I think Rigo's wins can be hyped up a little and Moreno is a good fighter but i think Mares is better if given a chance but as of right now i'd rank Moreno higher than Mares. But overrall my top 4 are THE top guys in the division and a tournament with them would be great.

i'm guessing u missed the concepcion fight. donaire ran the whole time. he looked like an old camacho in that one. nothing about it was impressive.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 06:37 PM) *
I like Russell, but the guy has no business on anybody's list right about now. If you have him on your list, then it's obvious that you're not as big a boxing fan as you say you are. No way this guy should be in anybody's top 10 when he hasn't even fought a top 10 fighter.

If you care to argue your point, then it's obvious that HBO is educating you on boxing right about now, which is blasphemy. As for Rigondeaux, I like him too and Im sure most of the guys on the list want no parts of him, but beating Kennedy and Ramos doesn't mean he should be at the top of the list just yet. Maybe around 3 or 4, but not #1 just yet.

Im sure Mares would cry a river over that #1 spot since he won that tournament last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

quick...name me all the 2 time gold medalist u can think of in boxing right now!

or better yet....name me any gold medalist in boxing?

rigondeaux separates himself from the pack based on the fact that he is a 2 time gold medalist. i understand that his body of work as a pro is limited...but i've seen this guy in the gym. he is the truth. fighters like him don't come around very often. this guy has mayweather like skills with roberto duran punching power. it's only a matter of time before he cleans out the division. i think it's very realistic that he ko's mares, agbeko, donaire, darchinyan, arce and several others. i don't think u can make that claim with any of the other guys. his curse is that he is a black southpaw. they aren't usually received well in boxing.

oh yeah....mares needed help from the ref both times.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 2 2012, 06:06 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:21 AM