IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rigondeaux, moreno, mares, russell, agbeko, donaire...., until they fight each other...
boxingloner
post Jul 2 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 03:57 PM) *
i'm guessing u missed the concepcion fight. donaire ran the whole time. he looked like an old camacho in that one. nothing about it was impressive.

Well to tell you the truth I didnt see him fight concepcion. I guess you will now tell me he lost that fight and concepcion got robbed. All i know is that if Donaire is not blowing everyone away he is not impressive. Why are you so impressed with rigo and moreno so much more than Donaire? IMO the top 4 are almost interchangeable with whatever you like. But I think Donaire has the most potential. Rigo is a kind of hyped to me. His win over Ramos was good not great as Ramos was nothing close to special and his recent win over Kennedy was ok as Kennedy is a club fighter.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Jul 2 2012, 06:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 07:05 PM) *
quick...name me all the 2 time gold medalist u can think of in boxing right now!

or better yet....name me any gold medalist in boxing?

rigondeaux separates himself from the pack based on the fact that he is a 2 time gold medalist. i understand that his body of work as a pro is limited...but i've seen this guy in the gym. he is the truth. fighters like him don't come around very often. this guy has mayweather like skills with roberto duran punching power. it's only a matter of time before he cleans out the division. i think it's very realistic that he ko's mares, agbeko, donaire, darchinyan, arce and several others. i don't think u can make that claim with any of the other guys. his curse is that he is a black southpaw. they aren't usually received well in boxing.

oh yeah....mares needed help from the ref both times.

I dont get off of the Gold Medalist hype as much. Of course it means something, well...it says a lot. I remember this guy named Oscar De La Hoya, who was a gold medalist, but got beat by guys who couldn't remember what a gold medal looks like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I also know this bronze medalist who's the best fighter in the sport, did he ever grace a gold medal? I think his name is Floyd Mayweather Jr. or something like that, don't quote me though.

The list that made is a great one...well, you just made it clear who all looms in the division and you're correct, they ALL need to fight and settle this. Im sure Rigondeaux is better than he appears on television, but I will rephrase your statement above.

Being a black southpaw has nothing to do with it...being a Cuban southpaw is his biggest problem. He has an extensive amateur background (which most Cuban fighters do), he's a southpaw, and oh yeah...did I mention that he was Cuban? I dont know many Cuban boxing stars, and it seems to be a bit of a curse to be from a Cuban background...which equates to no fan base, which equates to...well, you know the rest.

I dont believe Mares has the resolve to beat some above fighters, we can both agree on that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 2 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think Rigo and moreno would eventually emberrass mares. No disrespect but I think they are just that far better skill wise

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 2 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i think rigondeaux has the most obvious talent and his style allows him to take very few shots, its just I wonder what would happen if hes put in the ring with someone as fast as him.

while people are constantly shitting on donaire for some reason, no idea why but he does his job

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 2 2012, 07:13 PM) *
Well to tell you the truth I didnt see him fight concepcion. I guess you will now tell me he lost that fight and concepcion got robbed. All i know is that if Donaire is not blowing everyone away he is not impressive. Why are you so impressed with rigo and moreno so much more than Donaire? IMO the top 4 are almost interchangeable with whatever you like. But I think Donaire has the most potential. Rigo is a kind of hyped to me. His win over Ramos was good not great as Ramos was nothing close to special and his recent win over Kennedy was ok as Kennedy is a club fighter.

no, he won that fight....it's just that the scores were much wider than they should have been. donaire does better when he has a size and speed advantage....when that isn't the case, he looks very ordinary. i've seen rigondeaux give up 20 and 30 lbs and totally control bigger, stronger, fast guys. trust me on this one....when the opposition steps up....so will rigondeaux and his skills. he's one of those guys who rises to the occasion.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 07:32 PM) *
I dont get off of the Gold Medalist hype as much. Of course it means something, well...it says a lot. I remember this guy named Oscar De La Hoya, who was a gold medalist, but got beat by guys who couldn't remember what a gold medal looks like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I also know this bronze medalist who's the best fighter in the sport, did he ever grace a gold medal? I think his name is Floyd Mayweather Jr. or something like that, don't quote me though.

The list that made is a great one...well, you just made it clear who all looms in the division and you're correct, they ALL need to fight and settle this. Im sure Rigondeaux is better than he appears on television, but I will rephrase your statement above.

Being a black southpaw has nothing to do with it...being a Cuban southpaw is his biggest problem. He has an extensive amateur background (which most Cuban fighters do), he's a southpaw, and oh yeah...did I mention that he was Cuban? I dont know many Cuban boxing stars, and it seems to be a bit of a curse to be from a Cuban background...which equates to no fan base, which equates to...well, you know the rest.

I dont believe Mares has the resolve to beat some above fighters, we can both agree on that.

being a good black southpaw was not good for winky, raheem, williams, casamayor and a few others. these guys weren't exactly sought after opponents. i guess they all have the problem with small fan bases. having over 300 amateur fights would also be a reason to avoid someone.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 2 2012, 08:41 PM) *
i think rigondeaux has the most obvious talent and his style allows him to take very few shots, its just I wonder what would happen if hes put in the ring with someone as fast as him.

while people are constantly shitting on donaire for some reason, no idea why but he does his job

i've seen him with bigger/fast guys and it's like speed chess. he's still calm, cool and calculating....waiting for the mistake then BAM!!! he's lands the shot (or shots). i've watched plenty of great fighters over the years....he is something special. i would have loved to see him in the ring with pac. i can say with confidence that he would have schooled him.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 2 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 06:17 PM) *
no, he won that fight....it's just that the scores were much wider than they should have been. donaire does better when he has a size and speed advantage....when that isn't the case, he looks very ordinary. i've seen rigondeaux give up 20 and 30 lbs and totally control bigger, stronger, fast guys. trust me on this one....when the opposition steps up....so will rigondeaux and his skills. he's one of those guys who rises to the occasion.

Sparring in the gym is totally different than in a real boxing match. Most top level guys will spar bigger guys and usually beat the crap out of them. Im not doubting that Rigo has the skills. Im just not sold just yet. His comp. just hasnt been top level. If you continues to do this to the top guys then i'll get on the bandwagon. By the way you talk, he may be the best to ever live. Anyway why should I trust you? You just some dude on a message board. What are you going to now tell me you sparred him?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 09:22 PM) *
being a good black southpaw was not good for winky, raheem, williams, casamayor and a few others. these guys weren't exactly sought after opponents. i guess they all have the problem with small fan bases. having over 300 amateur fights would also be a reason to avoid someone.

Good picks as far as the black southpaws. I was leaning more towards the likes of Judah and Spinks when I posted that. You make a good point though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 2 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Sparring in the gym is totally different than in a real boxing match. Most top level guys will spar bigger guys and usually beat the crap out of them. Im not doubting that Rigo has the skills. Im just not sold just yet. His comp. just hasnt been top level. If you continues to do this to the top guys then i'll get on the bandwagon. By the way you talk, he may be the best to ever live. Anyway why should I trust you? You just some dude on a message board. What are you going to now tell me you sparred him?

don't take my word. freddie roach had very high praise for him and said that there is nothing he could teach rigondeaux. he also said he learned from rigo. that's very high praise from a guy who trains pac and had james toney.

i've been in the gym my whole life and have seen some great fighters spar over the years. sure....sparring is one thing...but u know when its more than just sparring.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:44 PM