IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rigondeaux, moreno, mares, russell, agbeko, donaire...., until they fight each other...
pesticid
post Jul 8 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #51

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (pesticid @ Jul 8 2012, 07:45 PM) *
I can't agree too much about the following part.

Rigo has to fight in Miami and you'll have 5 to 10,000 fans following him. Imagine Bute fighting in Florida do you think he'll get many fans there. I mean Floyd didn't have much following in the early going but in the long run skill gets recognized and skills pay the bills.

Marquez didn't get following at first but his skills carried him and right now he is the biggest fighter out of Mexico, maybe Chavez and Canelo are better but they are yet to headline a more successful pay per view.

It's Arum fukcing with the fighters. When he had Floyd, Floyd was nobody on the market. He has Rigo and Gamboa (not any more) and I might agree, Arum either doesn't like black fighters or can't promote them. Put Rigo and Gamboa on the same card every month in Miami and in one year they'll average 15,000 fans per fight.

I live in Toronto and we had Steve Molitor and he averaged 5,000 fans every fight. We're talking about Steve Molitor, decent fighter but nowhere near the class of Rigo and Gamboa.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Jul 8 2012, 07:19 PM) *
I see Donaire and Rigondeaux as clearly the top two in the division. That would be a great fight.

unfortunately donaire wants zero parts of rigondeaux. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pesticid @ Jul 8 2012, 07:45 PM) *
I can't agree too much about the following part.

Rigo has to fight in Miami and you'll have 5 to 10,000 fans following him. Imagine Bute fighting in Florida do you think he'll get many fans there. I mean Floyd didn't have much following in the early going but in the long run skill gets recognized and skills pay the bills.

Marquez didn't get following at firts but his skills carried him and right now he is the biggest fighter out of Mexico, maybe Chavez and Canelo are better but they are yet to headline a pay per view.

It's Arum fukcing with the fighters. When he had Floyd, Floyd was nobody on the market. He has Rigo and Gamboa (not any more) and I might agree, Arum either doesn't like black fighters or can't promote them. Put Rigo and Gamboa on the same card every month in Miami and in one year they'll average 15,000 fans per fight.

I live in Toronto and we had Steve Molitor and he averaged 5,000 fans every fight. We're talking about Steve Molitor, decent fighter but nowhere near the class of Rigo and Gamboa.

arum won't do that. vegas, texas and cali. once in a great while...mexico. i can't ever recall watching a card promoted by him in florida.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pesticid @ Jul 8 2012, 08:04 PM) *
I agree with this statement and I'll give you my reasoning. Most people get the chance to play basketball, soccer, football, volleyball, hockey you name the sport. But not many people get to enter a ring with somebody trying to mess them up. There is a big difference!

So yeah when you have broadcasters questioning somebody's heart like Larry does and he's never been in the ring to be hammered for 3 minutes a round, of course I'll say he doesn't know what he's talking about. We have guys in boxing fighting through broken jaws, hands, ribs, feet, etc. and winning fights. Meanwhile we praise Jordan for winning the finals cause he played with the flue or Kobe cause he had a pinch nerved in his pink or worse baseball players who have all kind of minor injuries and go on the DL. Nobody questions the heart of these people or worse is voerblown like Jordan, Kurt Shcilling
s bloody sock and Bryant's pinky finger and everybody has played basketball and basedball. Yet boxing is in a whole stratosphere and we have guys like Lampley, Merchant and the rest of them telling them how a figher feels and what's going on. They don't know shit about boxing. They can call a fight, blow by blow, talk about the history but don't try to educate us what's up cause you don't know. I hate Atlas quite a bit but he knows a lot.

excellent post.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2012, 08:13 PM) *
arum won't do that. vegas, texas and cali. once in a great while...mexico. i can't ever recall watching a card promoted by him in florida.

Ha! Maybe Mayweather/Brusseles...thats about it though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:39 AM