IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
mrchitown
post Jul 14 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #61

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM) *
I would buy this if Garcia actually hit him on the chin. He didn't. He hit some fluke spot under Amir's ear that just threw his entire body off-balance and Khan never recovered. Amir does need head movement, but I am not going to give Garcia tons of credit. He landed that 1 punch that any fighter can land...and even that 1 landed punch came in a spot that he certainly wasn't aiming for.

I like Khan but your making excuses for him like his team does... And as he does as well. That wasnt no fluke. Your man just got busted up. He hit him behind the ear and if you follow boxing and have seen Garcia fight before, he throws that left hook like that. He hit him behind the ear and threw off his equilibrium. And what does Khan do?! Instead of keeping distance and keeping Garcia off him, he tries to be brave and brawl.

I give Amir credit, dude has heart, but his defense and chin are trash. Prescott didn't get lucky he laid Amir out. Peterson, Maidana...they took it to Amir and hurt him multiple times in their fights against him. And another thing people don't bring up for what ever reason is Amir's lack of ring IQ. He fights like an amateur and thinks like one as well. He's a good B+ fighter but he's not elite. Garcia threw the same hook he always does and put the young lion to sleep. He deserves all the credit he's getting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 15 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Give Lucas a shot! Foty if it happens

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 15 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #63

Lightweight

Member No.: 76

Though khan has some flaws I believe most of his problems are tactical.
Even though he has quick hands he rarely changes speeds which makes him easier to time.
Defense is no that great due to lack of head movement and footwork not good enough to keep him out of trouble.
And I do think there is a such thing as too many combinations. He's gotta mix it up more.

As far as his chin, for me, the jury is still out for a couple of reasons.
When Khan has been shaken up pretty good it has been against guys with good to great power.
And I also think khan is fighting too light. Cotto was similar in regards to that point. When Cotto moved up in weight ge looked a lot more stable at a more comfortable weight. We all know khan is huge at this weight and is probably killing himself just to make weight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I know the WBO belt is vacant...who has the IBF belt. Does Lamont still have it? C'mon Check with the fantasy matches man. We're lucky that we got Khan/Garcia.

I see GBP bringing Garcia up slowly, and Khan up even slower since this is his consecutive loss. They were supposed to give him a rest after the Morales fight, but this opportunity came up.

One more thing, and Im NOT embracing any of Angel Garcia's words...but I wonder if Khan is doubting himself because he's Pakistanian and they're known to not be good fighters (according to A. Garcia, not me), or is he doubting his skills or trainer? Danny pretty much validated all of his dad's words, though I dont fully agree with is dialogue.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 15 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #65

Light Heavyweight

Peterson still has the IBF belt...for now at least. I do know Zab is the #1 contender for that belt.

And I do believe that Khan could go,into his next fight with some doubts about his boxing skills. It'll be interesting to see Khan's mental makeup from here on out

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 15 2012, 12:22 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #66

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 15 2012, 01:22 AM) *
Peterson still has the IBF belt...for now at least. I do know Zab is the #1 contender for that belt.

And I do believe that Khan could go,into his next fight with some doubts about his boxing skills. It'll be interesting to see Khan's mental makeup from here on out

Almost forgot that he still held that belt. I see it getting vacated soon. A Garcia/Peterson fight would be nice, but Lamont has some heavy lifting to after the PED mess. Honestly, Khan needs to take a break. I know he's been off for 7 months, but he's been training. He needs to take a break and come up with a CAP (corrective action plan) since he just lost decisively.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 15 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (alaganza @ Jul 15 2012, 01:09 AM) *
Though khan has some flaws I believe most of his problems are tactical.
Even though he has quick hands he rarely changes speeds which makes him easier to time.
Defense is no that great due to lack of head movement and footwork not good enough to keep him out of trouble.
And I do think there is a such thing as too many combinations. He's gotta mix it up more.

As far as his chin, for me, the jury is still out for a couple of reasons.
When Khan has been shaken up pretty good it has been against guys with good to great power.
And I also think khan is fighting too light. Cotto was similar in regards to that point. When Cotto moved up in weight ge looked a lot more stable at a more comfortable weight. We all know khan is huge at this weight and is probably killing himself just to make weight.

Khan is not huge lol.. he just fights like an amateur. The truth of it is he has no patience, hw has it in his head that he should be in there with mayweather and it shows that he has no patience when he fights. Yes Garcia probably lost all of the rounds prior to the knockdowns but he was being patiently trying to set his punches up and throw something meaningful AND moving his head a bit. Khan was throwing punches for the hell of it and was a sitting duck for a looping counter. He has plenty of speed decent pop but very little actual ring iq and patience. Wth was roach telling him in the corner?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 15 2012, 01:38 AM) *
Wth was roach telling him in the corner?

The answer to that would be, "shit". Absolutely nothing. He kept asking if he was okay, but that was it.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 15 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #69

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

MY GOD !!! Are you kidding me ?? I fell asleep right after Haye/CHisora and missed this wonderful result!! I have to say guys, I am so happy Khan got F'd up I can't even express my joy. This was one hell of a night for boxing, in my eyes. Now I need to just find the whole fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 15 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #70

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:28 AM) *
Almost forgot that he still held that belt. I see it getting vacated soon. A Garcia/Peterson fight would be nice, but Lamont has some heavy lifting to after the PED mess. Honestly, Khan needs to take a break. I know he's been off for 7 months, but he's been training. He needs to take a break and come up with a CAP (corrective action plan) since he just lost decisively.

I see it being vacated as well, especially since team Peterson keeps pushing the hearings back.

Khan does need a break, physically and mentally from the boxing game. He's a young fighter with physical gifts, he just needs to learn how to use them to his advantage. If GBP brings him back to soon, it could mean the end of his career

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:28 PM