IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Jul 15 2012, 01:45 AM
Post #71

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

War Garcia!!!!

Khan I don't think is a con. He's got a bad chin and Danny did what Prescot did in the first fight, exposed it! Great fight!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jul 15 2012, 03:33 AM
Post #72

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Fuck Freddie Roach.

These motherfuckers with quick hands need to learn some fucking defense. I was shocked and aghast by how Khan was getting caught clean in freaking sparring, and now he gets KO'd the fuck out against a guy he should have beaten...I mean, that's just criminal.

He needs a new trainer, one who will teach him how to defend and fight close, clinch up and protect that chinny chin chin.

This is the bullshit. Fucking fire Roach and get a real trainer, or be done with your career.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 15 2012, 05:28 AM
Post #73

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Just finished watching the whole fight...

I have to say, I don't think chin is the reason why Khan lost. Don't get me wrong, I am always happy to see him get dropped, but the left hook that started it all was monstreous and Khan got caught with like hundred of other shots and was still standing. (probably because his brain got disconnected and he didn't feel anything since the first KD)

Khan needs to switch trainers and get his shit in order asap. The Mayweather fight is defnitely off the table and I am happy fot it...

Good stoppage by Bayless.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 06:17 AM
Post #74

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 14 2012, 10:42 PM) *
can he really? I mean what 147 hes going to be hit even harder isnt he. his chin was exposed by Prescott and there was a reason he didnt fight him again.

MG speaketh the truth!!!!!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #75

Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 15 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Give Lucas a shot! Foty if it happens

Maaaaaan, if these cats wanna hold on to those belts, so that they may makes some money, they need to keep "Cool Hand Luke" outta there plans.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #76

Welterweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM) *
ok i am convinced, cshel is clairvoyant lol. khan fights too fast. he needs to know he won't blow out everyone, he needs to set his shit up. a new trainer is in order.

Yep, it's fucked up that previous "engagements" prevented me from watching this. Having said that, I read Shelly's prognostication and I'll be damned if this dude didn't call it. MF I need some lotto numbers....quit BS'n and let's run 'em!!!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 15 2012, 06:31 AM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

but didnt khan come in at fight night at 158? Or was that me mishearing it

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 15 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #78

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

What a exciting day for Boxing yesterday & the entire weekend actually. Garcia really stepped up to the plate and showed he is a true warrior. I really like this kid...he impressed me last night with his determination. I thought Khan was going to win a hard fought fight but Garcia wouldnt give in. I think Garcia should stay away from a rematch however and look for a super fight later this year.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 15 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #79

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Just watched the fight again. Great fight while it lasted. Amir Khan has a suspect chin but honestly, there was no reason it should have gotten exposed last night. He had one problem last night...Freddy Roach! Roach has been putting out fighters that are clearly better than theyre opponents and theyve been coming up short. Say what you will about Khan. He has some incredible physical gifts. However, he simply hasn't been trained properly. Roach's fighters all lack proper head movement. That lead to Khan's demise. Roach clearly told Khan to stay flatfooted and fight this kid. Bad strategy, especially when you haven't instilled the type of slick boxing skills in your fighter, necessary for your boxer standing in the pocket.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #80

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jul 15 2012, 04:33 AM) *
Fuck Freddie Roach.

These motherfuckers with quick hands need to learn some fucking defense. I was shocked and aghast by how Khan was getting caught clean in freaking sparring, and now he gets KO'd the fuck out against a guy he should have beaten...I mean, that's just criminal.

He needs a new trainer, one who will teach him how to defend and fight close, clinch up and protect that chinny chin chin.

This is the bullshit. Fucking fire Roach and get a real trainer, or be done with your career.

I agree Max, Roach isn't helping Khan's ring skills, only his fame. Notice that Roach had nothing to say when Khan was getting ripped, nothing, sad stuff. That sparring session COUPLED with his dialogue during the build up, read, "I'm not getting the attention that I need in the gym. I need to prove this unnecessary point to myself that I belong in the ring".

His career is far from over, but he has some heavy lifting to do.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 07:19 AM) *
Maaaaaan, if these cats wanna hold on to those belts, so that they may makes some money, they need to keep "Cool Hand Luke" outta there plans.

Exactly! Matthysse has that power that puts you on your ass and make you see your ancestors from generations back. Either they feel that way, or they're taken back to the sandbox days. He took the life out of Soto with some of those shots. The crazy thing is, it looks like Maidana is gonna stay at WW, so Matthysse will officially become "The Test" of the 140 lb division.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 07:22 AM) *
Having said that, I read Shelly's prognostication and I'll be damned if this dude didn't call it. MF I need some lotto numbers....quit BS'n and let's run 'em!!!

Man I just looked back at Garcia's recent fights Figueroa (took the life out of him with those hooks), Holt (matched power shots with him), and Morales took some big left hooks from Danny and actually made it through the fight. With that said, Khan just doesn't have the resolve of those guys, so I always knew he couldn't withstand those counter shots. As for those lotto numbers, Im still using fortune cookie numbers...maybe I need to give it a shot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 07:31 AM) *
but didnt khan come in at fight night at 158? Or was that me mishearing it

It was 148 lbs, like you said, he was pretty ripped at the weigh-in. Im curious to know if that had some effect on him. Thoughts?

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 15 2012, 08:38 AM) *
I think Garcia should stay away from a rematch however and look for a super fight later this year.

Trust me, Khan wont look his way, so he doesn't have to be forced into a rematch.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:11 AM