IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oxnard Chronicles..., Garcia and Ortiz parts ways...
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Well there we have it guys...2012 is just one of those years. Year of the upset, year of the tragedies, year of whatever you want to call it...point is, it's been an interesting year thus far. According to what I just read...Ortiz and trainer Danny Garcia have parted ways.

http://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-says-tru...or-ortiz--55065

From what I read, Garcia has pretty much had it with Ortiz being disobedient during fights. Let's not forget that this is the same guy that allowed Ortiz to go out round after round, after he pretty much made it clear that his jaw was broken.

From what I read, failing to follow instructions has been Victor's problem for a while now. They also made it clear that they dont trust each other anymore...Ortiz doesn't trust Garcia enough to follow his instructions, and vice versa. Seems the split didn't end badly, but it's never too late to start blowing the whistle.

Was this a good move, though Garcia initiated it? Where do they go from here? Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jul 16 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

good move, now garcia can reconcile with his brother. ortiz needs a therapist not a trainer lol.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 16 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 11:55 AM) *
Well there we have it guys...2012 is just one of those years. Year of the upset, year of the tragedies, year of whatever you want to call it...point is, it's been an interesting year thus far. According to what I just read...Ortiz and trainer Danny Garcia have parted ways.

http://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-says-tru...or-ortiz--55065

From what I read, Garcia has pretty much had it with Ortiz being disobedient during fights. Let's not forget that this is the same guy that allowed Ortiz to go out round after round, after he pretty much made it clear that his jaw was broken.

From what I read, failing to follow instructions has been Victor's problem for a while now. They also made it clear that they dont trust each other anymore...Ortiz doesn't trust Garcia enough to follow his instructions, and vice versa. Seems the split didn't end badly, but it's never too late to start blowing the whistle.

Was this a good move, though Garcia initiated it? Where do they go from here? Thoughts?

I was saying since Ortiz' last fight he should ditch Danny Garcia. I think Cunningham is the best fit for Ortiz. Hes from St Louis, and they breed southpaws like chickens lay eggs. Great record with southpaws (Devon Alexander, Cory Spinks) both won world titles under Cunningham. He can teach Ortiz how to fight like a southaw (Ortiz always squares himself up after every left hand). And most importantly he can teach Ortiz defense.

Your opinion has always been respected in this forum. Your thoughts please?

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Jul 16 2012, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 16 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 16 2012, 02:11 PM) *
good move, now garcia can reconcile with his brother. ortiz needs a therapist not a trainer lol.

My immediate thought to the "tee"

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 16 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Ortiz needs to grow up. Period. It wont matter what trainer he gets. He needs to decide if he is built for this. This wont be the first time his work ethic n discipline has been questioned. For someone with as many technical flaws as him, he should be listening to every word that comes out of his trainer's mouth.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 16 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

carrying the last name garcia isn't a guarantee that u know boxing. i always questioned this guys qualifications as a trainer. ortiz was a lot more solid with robert...and i could see him deteriorate with the elder brother. there was plenty of mistakes that went uncorrected. his advice in the corner was horrible. the maidana fight was very winnable but they couldn't give him the advice to help him win. as far as ortiz not listening to him...that's something cultivated in the gym during sparring. if he actually gave the kid advice that worked...or was worthy of following...i'm sure ortiz would have followed suit. his mitt work is horrendous....he let ortiz throw with his open mouth which led to the broken jaw...too many things to name. ortiz would benefit greatly from a trainer that could teach him very simple and basic defense.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 16 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 16 2012, 03:11 PM) *

Ha! That's messed up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I've seen a few trainers as of late, that do great when their fighter is on the upside of the fight. As soon as trouble creeps up, either there's no instructions coming from the corner, or it's terrible advice. Garcia was brave with Ortiz's health in his last fight, bad mistake.

Anyhow, that sense of panic when starts to go wrong, is exposing a lot of these trainers. Again, everybody's fine when their fighters is kicking ass, but as soon as the tables turn, you hear nothing.

It was about time for a change on that team, it was dead obvious. Victor doesn't seem to have to mental stability to assure his fans that he belongs in the sport. Somebody in this thread mentioned that to a degree. He's always on fire in every fight, until the wick burns out...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:57 PM