Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tired of Being #2..., Khan plans to have a talk with Roach
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As most of us predicted after watching his Behind The Ropes segment...he sound like he's tired of being #2. I've just read an interview from him, and with these words, to me, I believe Freddie will tell him to stick a rocket up his ass and fly away. Check it out...

It is hard when you are with Manny and have to be the No.2. Every fight is a big fight for me.

Im at the stage where I can make no more mistakes. I need to do things that benefit me and stop thinking about others, which Ive been doing my entire life. In the end, its me who gets in the ring.

Now is the best time to sort these things out and my team will talk things over with Freddie. Im sure he will understand because hes been a fighter too.

I love training in LA and the great sparring I get there. I know we work on the right things on *offence, but we have to work on the defence too.

Its about going back to the drawing board and Im going to have to do that.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-plans-big-...-rematch--55079

Again, with words like that, he sounds like he's tired of being thought of AFTER Manny, who gets most of Freddie's time (for obvious monetary reasons). He also makes a point that he doesn't want to split with Roach, but who knows. Dude does need a new trainer who can spend more time with him.

Khan also said that he would love to have a rematch with Garcia...in England. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Forget about it Khan, seriously...forget about it. You lost fair and square, you got knocked out.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Jul 16 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,107

He could dig up good ol Buddy McGirt and have all the attention that he wants. "Come on baby." "You're the champ baby."

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 17 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM) *
As most of us predicted after watching his Behind The Ropes segment...he sound like he's tired of being #2. I've just read an interview from him, and with these words, to me, I believe Freddie will tell him to stick a rocket up his ass and fly away. Check it out...

Again, with words like that, he sounds like he's tired of being thought of AFTER Manny, who gets most of Freddie's time (for obvious monetary reasons). He also makes a point that he doesn't want to split with Roach, but who knows. Dude does need a new trainer who can spend more time with him.

Khan also said that he would love to have a rematch with Garcia...in England. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Forget about it Khan, seriously...forget about it. You lost fair and square, you got knocked out.

Thoughts?

he must be reading my posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

amir...give me a call. i'll get ur defense right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 17 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 01:54 AM) *
he must be reading my posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

amir...give me a call. i'll get ur defense right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You called it late last week about him that Wild Card gym mess. I have a feeling Roach is gonna find the easy way out and let Khan roll off. Freddie's lookin' bad nowadays, and his fighters aren't helping it at all.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 17 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:04 AM) *
You called it late last week about him that Wild Card gym mess. I have a feeling Roach is gonna find the easy way out and let Khan roll off. Freddie's lookin' bad nowadays, and his fighters aren't helping it at all.

Whats most ironic is the only fighter to officially win is the fighter who he deeals the least with, Chavez. Including pulling Ariza out of the camp......

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 17 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:33 AM) *
Whats most ironic is the only fighter to officially win is the fighter who he deeals the least with, Chavez. Including pulling Ariza out of the camp......

Yep, ironic. Dont worry, Freddie will just gravitate more towards Julio and Khan will be #3 from now on.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 17 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM) *

Thoughts?

Afterthoughts are more like he should be thought of after-the-fact because he got KTHO and got what he deserved, and to think this clown believed he could beat Floyd.

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Jul 17 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

I'm not going to jump on the "he's finished" bandwagon, but he absolutely has to part with Roach. Dude hasn't progressed.

The first Khan fight I wrote about was Kotelnik. Back then I thought he was a De La Hoya type, has the size, length, speed, a good jab, and all of the tools. After a few more fights, I thought he'd slow down with this wild amateurish flurries, take his time, fight behind his jab, pick his shots and do more counterpunching. He's got all the attributes to do just that. It wasn't until Maidana where I realized it just isn't going to come together. He is who he is as a fighter, at least under Roach. We'll see what happens.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 17 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 10:56 AM) *
I'm not going to jump on the "he's finished" bandwagon, but he absolutely has to part with Roach. Dude hasn't progressed.

The first Khan fight I wrote about was Kotelnik. Back then I thought he was a De La Hoya type, has the size, length, speed, a good jab, and all of the tools. After a few more fights, I thought he'd slow down with this wild amateurish flurries, take his time, fight behind his jab, pick his shots and do more counterpunching. He's got all the attributes to do just that. It wasn't until Maidana where I realized it just isn't going to come together. He is who he is as a fighter, at least under Roach. We'll see what happens.

I always knew he was more hype than substance especially after Prescott smashed him so easily/quickly but I cannot believe that I read on places like Boxrec and Doghouse Boxing that people were actually saying he could beat Floyd.

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Jul 17 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2012, 02:34 PM) *
I always knew he was more hype than substance especially after Prescott smashed him so easily/quickly but I cannot believe that I read on places like Boxrec and Doghouse Boxing that people were actually saying he could beat Floyd.

Don't read it. There's fools everywhere man, I don't read shit- just get the news, use my two eyes and brain to get to everything else. So much of these jokers have no clue what they're talking about, tryna read all that shit will just dumb you down.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:24 AM