IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Chavez-Martinez Be Fair? Or Foul?
Jack 1000
post Jul 20 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Hey All,

What's your take on the fight? I have a strong suspicion that because the WBC, specifically Jose Sulaiman, Bob Arum, and HBO are trying to make "The Son of a Legend" a star, is Martinez going to get shafted on the cards no matter what he does? The way that he has been treated, and the whole circumstances with the negative way Martinez has been treated by the powers that be, is boxing set for more bullshit if this goes to the cards? Does Sergio need a KO to won and do you think he knows this?

Or will the judges be fair and impartial in the wake of the Bradley-Pacquiao controversy and be fair? Or do we have nothing to worry about? How does your take of Chavez being protected influence your decision to buy the fight? Will you pay the approximate $55.00 PPV or wait for the replay?

I am going out on a limb and predicting A DRAW in a close fight! HBO and Lamply will have the pom-poms out for Chavez. The fight will be close enough to not say robbery, but not definitive enough for Martinez to win the victory. Unofficially, most will probably have it 116-112 to 115-113 or Sergio. Good action rounds, The judges will go 114-114, 115-113 Chavez, and 115-113 Chavez.

Sorry, but Sergio will not get any favors in close rounds and there will be close rounds. No way that Arum and the WBC are going to have "Son of a Legend" walk away as a loser. Yes, a fix on the cards is very possible IMO. Martinez MUST stop Chavez to win.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 20 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I'll be on vacation that week with the Mrs so I won't get to see it live more than likely. I HIGHLY doubt this fight will end without drama...and I'm not even referring to the action inside the ring.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 20 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Why mess up a good streak of bad scores and robberies? Top rank is a shoe in for something fishy to happen

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 20 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

If it ends up being close then yeah, definitely some foul play. I don't think it'll be that close, but there's still the chance of a robbery.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 20 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This fight is all about who fold after the frustration kicks in. Sergio could frustrate Chavez with his constant movement, and Chavez could also frustrate Sergio by taking all of his punches.

Sergio's a smaller MW (in my opinion) so Im not sure that his punches will hurt Julio. No worries here, this one wont go to the cards. As Jack mentioned, if it goes to the cards, then Sergio is fucked. He's staring 38 in the face, and he's not a big draw...translation: If he doesn't KO Julio in this fight, then boxing world doesn't need him on the big stage.

Im trying to get out to Vegas for this one. My bro got me a hookup on a hotel (NICE!), and my uncle works at the airport, so he's working on some tickets for me....I just have to cope with these $200 fight tickets, no biggie. Hope this one impresses. For the record, I'll have this fight and the Canelo/Lopez card ordered and recording! I just got a big promotion at my job, so fuck it!

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 20 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I just think Julio is going to wear Martinez down and maybe stop him late. People forget Martinez is not hard to hit and his power is not all that. Really what has Sergio done besides KOing P-Will with a once in a lifetime punch? Jr hits harder than barker and will back Sergio up, so expect Sergio to be on his bike.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 22 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 20 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I just think Julio is going to wear Martinez down and maybe stop him late. People forget Martinez is not hard to hit and his power is not all that. Really what has Sergio done besides KOing P-Will with a once in a lifetime punch? Jr hits harder than barker and will back Sergio up, so expect Sergio to be on his bike.

Sergio needs to be on his bike EFFECTIVELY in this fight. After I saw what Julio did to Andy Lee, its no longer a laughing matter (as Kellerman said). Julio can land up top and to the body.

Im wondering who has the upside of negotiations for this one? Oh silly me, what a silly fucker I am, what kind of question was that? Sure TR has the upper hand. I was wondering because of the ring size, that was my only concern for this bout.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Yall better get excited about this one...if you're a Sergio fan, then prepare for heartbreak! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 10 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 20 2012, 11:00 PM) *

sergio has made it to the top the old fashioned way. i cannot do anything but give the man props. when noone wanted to fight paul williams....he fought him twice! the first fight was not a shameful loss. the second one...i can't call it a "once in a lifetime punch" because he set that up beautifully. he threw it 8 times prior to landing it flush. make no mistake about it...that was calculated and luck had nothing to do with it. i can't dismiss his other fights...he ko'd cintron (i don't care what the official verdict was), he beat pavlik convincingly, he stopped previously undefeated dzinziruk, and he stopped barker and the other euro fighter mackley. that's what i call blazing a trail. he should be larger than life....but hbo and his promoter/handlers have not done the man justice. i can't think of anyone in boxing right now that has blazed a better trail. with all that being said....i think he's going to be in a serious war with chavez. i think jr has what it takes to beat him and if martinez doesn't put some serious hurt on him early he's going to be in for a very long night.

will it be fair? i highly doubt it. look for chavez jr to have a favorable ref, judges in his pocket...favorable commentators...etc..etc.

sergio has had the chips stacked against before so this won't be new to him. whatever happens....this is the fight i am most excited about at the moment.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:41 AM