IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Broner vs. Escaledo-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No Duplicate Threads New Spoilers, or Public Streams
checkleft
post Jul 22 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #81

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 22 2012, 01:56 PM) *
I see it as if it was a minor fender bender. Say a guy rear ends your car. You get out and realize its hardly any damage. So you decide to accept a couple of C notes and settle it without calling the cops. Then the minor damage becomes more of an eye sore later on. You can't then bitch and complain about the guy like he fled the scene. You had every opportunity to get your car fixed and call the cops. You decided to take the dough.

Spot on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 22 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 22 2012, 11:44 AM) *
I agree with you, when I first heard Broner didn't make weight the first time I was like oh fucking great. Then when they negotiated a morning weigh in and he still came in over weight I was like escobedo just walk away. As I knew Broner was pulling some shit on him. Hindsight is 20/20 and if Broner came in on weight the first time more than likely the outcome would have been the same but maybe not as fast. I just wish Escobedo would have packed his bags and left and said to hell with this and shoved the bs up Broners ass. But in Escobedo's case the dude is a new father and his career never panned out the way people thought when he came out of the olympics and they through crazy money at him that he had no choice but to take the fight. Either way if he took the money or not Broner is a classless no good for boxing Piece of S$@&. I have no respect for Broner now and the antics he pulled and I don't plan on watching him again. If Broner was a man he would have told Escobedo when they signed the contract that he don't plan on making weight and he doesn't care if he does either. That's what a man does, instead he says nothing and lets Escobedo drain himself while he stays at full strength.

What's funny is that the same people that say weight is not an issue, are the same people who complain about catchweight fights with a certain Flip fighter. Broner just pulled a pacquiao on escobedo and drained him and now the same people who ridiculed and chastised pacquiao for it give Broner a pass. We got some Hypocritical bitches on fighthype.

Escobedo's weighed 130 in three matches prior to last night. So his last four fights were at 130. He scored a K.O in one of them. He stayed at 130 for the Broner match, even came in a bit over on the night, I believe. How is that comparable to what has been said about Pacquaio being the "catch weight king?"

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jul 22 2012, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 22 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #83

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Damn the weight!!! The guy just didn't have the tools to beat Broner. Josesito Lopez had the tools to beat Ortiz despite the weight. He got paid and now we should move on.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 22 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #84

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 22 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Escobedo's weighed 130 in three matches prior to last night. So his last four fights were at 130. He scored a K.O in one of them. He stayed at 130 for the Broner match, even came in a bit over on the night, I believe. How is that comparable to what has been said about Pacquaio being the "catch weight king?"

he kinda sounds like those pac fans that were supposed to of disappeared (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 23 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2012, 09:14 PM) *
he kinda sounds like those pac fans that were supposed to of disappeared (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Yup. You know that hardcore characters like the Pactards don't go away easily.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 23 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #86

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Broner fought well. But I don't think he'll be at 135 long, he's a growing man and it's going to be interesting to see how he handles the move up in weight

+Quote Post
Megadeth
post Jul 23 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #87

Flyweight

Member No.: 1,986

Broner has no class, while is boxing skills are amazing, his outside actions are going to be bad for the sport. Tthe way he humiliated his girlfriend afterwards was disguisting. The whole weight issue is completely unprofessional and i feel bad for escobedo, he not only fought the better fighter, but the better fighter who now had an unnecessary advantage. Broner is very young and immature and needs to grow up. He needs people to stop bowing down to him and have someone stand up to him and tell him to knock this shit off. Young kids need a role model, not a douchbag to look up too. I am completely turned off to this guy by the way he acts. I have to like a person in order to be a fan. While i can admire his skills, i will now be rooting for him to get knocked out.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 23 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #88

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jul 23 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Broner has no class, while is boxing skills are amazing, his outside actions are going to be bad for the sport. Tthe way he humiliated his girlfriend afterwards was disguisting. The whole weight issue is completely unprofessional and i feel bad for escobedo, he not only fought the better fighter, but the better fighter who now had an unnecessary advantage. Broner is very young and immature and needs to grow up. He needs people to stop bowing down to him and have someone stand up to him and tell him to knock this shit off. Young kids need a role model, not a douchbag to look up too. I am completely turned off to this guy by the way he acts. I have to like a person in order to be a fan. While i can admire his skills, i will now be rooting for him to get knocked out.

What I found very unproffesional about Broner was not the fact that he didn't make the weight on Friday, it was the fact that he and his team blatantly let him rehydrate...and he weighed over the 140lb limit that they had agreed to keep the fight going. I think he wieghed in at 143.5 Saturday morning though I'm not sure. That to me was a serious slap in the face of Escobedo.

Broner and those around him have to learn that he is not Floyd or any fighter he has these grand delusions that he is, and he is not a household name yet. He has definitely brought a great deal of scrutiny upon himself and upon those around him. I disagree with your assessment of him embarassing his lady, for all we know that shit was staged. Every fight he has he acts a fool after it, i don't expect anything less.

The problem that I see with Broner and I also see it with those who have these high hopes and those who strongly criticize him is that he's 22. He amy be in the spotlight but he's still a 22yr old kid. Age doesn't make you an adult, life experiences do. And he has shown multiple times that he has a lot of growing to do (physically and mentally). I do however disagree with your role model assessment, that is what's wrong with people today. People on tv shouldn't be or have to be role models to kids. Too many people let these "entertainers" raise their kids for them instead of doing it themselves. I feel that's a cop out. And how could you dislike Broner as a person and you've never met him? That baffles me

+Quote Post
bosco
post Jul 23 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #89

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

Adrien Broner is a meathead. He keeps beating on these C+ fighters and think people are supposed to be impressed. Then he calls out the title holder that he knows he can beat just to try to get a belt the easiest way possible. If Broner starts fighting and beating A fighters then I'll give him props. Until then...he's still just a prospect.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 23 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #90

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bosco @ Jul 23 2012, 07:58 PM) *
Adrien Broner is a meathead. He keeps beating on these C+ fighters and think people are supposed to be impressed. Then he calls out the title holder that he knows he can beat just to try to get a belt the easiest way possible. If Broner starts fighting and beating A fighters then I'll give him props. Until then...he's still just a prospect.

Though I am more than in agreement for the criticism broner is getting I can't agree with what you said about challenging the easiest champs at 135 (except for rios). Other than rios, to say that demarco and marquez are easy ways to a title is Damn near blasphemous. Demarco is a hard hitting come forward never say die type of fighter and marquez is at his age still one of the best fighters on the planet.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:09 AM