IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather vs Broner, What does everyone think?
Marcus
post Jul 24 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Dude i post whats popular here on this sites. And because of that ill talk Floyd because this is fanbase central for all things Floyd and now the same goes for Broner. What? do you want me to talk about Klitschko, Hopkins, Cotto, Pacquiao, Mares, Ward or Guerrero? Majority on here dont want to here that stuff. So Im giving what the site wants. I go to other boards to talk about the other stuff.

I am a big Andre Ward fan though...lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 24 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Dude i post whats popular here on this sites. And because of that ill talk Floyd because this is fanbase central for all things Floyd and now the same goes for Broner. What? do you want me to talk about Klitschko, Hopkins, Cotto, Pacquiao, Mares, Ward or Guerrero? Majority on here dont want to here that stuff. So Im giving what the site wants. I go to other boards to talk about the other stuff.

That answers my question, you are delusional. You seem to think you know what everyone on here wants to hear.. Smh, this is a boxing forum idk where you heard its a mayweather/broner forum, and even if it was why would someone come here and basically talk shit on those two fighters? Looking for attention maybe? Idk

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 24 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #23

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 12:52 PM) *
That answers my question, you are delusional. You seem to think you know what everyone on here wants to hear.. Smh, this is a boxing forum idk where you heard its a mayweather/broner forum, and even if it was why would someone come here and basically talk shit on those two fighters? Looking for attention maybe? Idk

Well this forum does talk a little bit about other fighters and i emphasize little bit. But the majority in the past year and a half has been all Floyd. But its cool because this forum is just catering to what the people that come here want. Anyways so what if this site and forum is all things Floyd and pro Floyd or all things Broner and pro Broner, so that's means everyone has to praise them and suck them off? The best discussions are the ones where it's not juts always leaning towards one side. It's nice to have a conflicting perspective of the other side.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 24 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 01:21 PM) *
Lol, that first sentence is funny. You guys are a little to sensitive and when not everyone will think like everyone here at fighthype, like everyone being down with all things Floyd or down with Ben. Anyways fighthype is a cool little website. Not the best in boxing when it concerns EVERYTHING but it's cool and the boards are fun because 95% of the posters are all things Floyds and now Broner? Im just trying to mix things up.

Anyways the last statement where you said Ben gets a bad rap for being affiliated with Floyd well thats up to you to decided. But as far as fighthype covering everything is not true. I mean there coverage is good but if you are strictly coming here for boxing coverage then you are missing A LOT. Personally the best sites for ALL things boxing in everyday are fightnews and eastsideboxing. Those sites cover a lot more. I think fighthype is a little to selective about what/who they cover. Fighthype is very good and i utilize it along with many other sites to stay tuned to all things boxing.

fightnews is a great site. eastside leaves a lot to be desired...their writers are hacks. fighthype seems to be the least biased site of them all imo. they do give floyd a voice but i think that's just to balance the rest of the bullshit that is out there.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 24 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

If they were to fight next week, i honestly wouldnt even know who to pick. Mayweather is mayweather but broner has studied him good enough i feel, unless mayweather decided to box him and was point. But judging from his last fight with cotto i dont really know, his nose was leaking, thats the bloodiest ive seen him. Broner is fast, strong, good defense, can counter, and does everything mayweather does lol. But broner has that quick counter left. Mayweather i feel would have to dodge more and be more active and run down broner. Idk if he would at this stage, well if they were to fight at the same weight, i think broner would still be bigger, stronger, and just as fast if not faster...i wouldnt want to underestimate either of them but if broner hit mayweather with enough shots, i see the first actual knockdown in mayweathers career...

It would be a great fight, i dont wanna disrespect mayweather lol but it would be a very close fight.....

broner vs russell jr would be the new Mayweather/judah haha but thats for another thread... Though russell would smash on judah

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 24 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 24 2012, 03:03 PM) *
If they were to fight next week, i honestly wouldnt even know who to pick. Mayweather is mayweather but broner has studied him good enough i feel, unless mayweather decided to box him and was point. But judging from his last fight with cotto i dont really know, his nose was leaking, thats the bloodiest ive seen him. Broner is fast, strong, good defense, can counter, and does everything mayweather does lol. But broner has that quick counter left. Mayweather i feel would have to dodge more and be more active and run down broner. Idk if he would at this stage, well if they were to fight at the same weight, i think broner would still be bigger, stronger, and just as fast if not faster...i wouldnt want to underestimate either of them but if broner hit mayweather with enough shots, i see the first actual knockdown in mayweathers career...

It would be a great fight, i dont wanna disrespect mayweather lol but it would be a very close fight.....

broner vs russell jr would be the new Mayweather/judah haha but thats for another thread... Though russell would smash on judah

cotto was able to land because he is highly skilled. broner is even more highly skilled and is much faster. i believe he fought at a higher weight in the amateurs as well so i don't think the 147 thing is impossible. at mayweathers advanced age....and broner coming into his prime...i think it would be a really tough fight for floyd. i seriously doubt it happens though. floyd will wrap his career up soon....broner is the future.

on a side note....broners cotto is danny garcia.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 24 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #27

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 01:02 PM) *
fightnews is a great site. eastside leaves a lot to be desired...their writers are hacks. fighthype seems to be the least biased site of them all imo. they do give floyd a voice but i think that's just to balance the rest of the bullshit that is out there.

True, that's why I use many site for my boxing coverage. All sites give you different stuff and I sypher out the good from the bad. All things boxing and good ole boxing new I use fightnews, for opinionated articles and regular discussions on boxing I go to eastsideboxing(and yea their articles can be crappy at times) and for my Floyd info I come here. Plus i use other sites for whatever I need.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 24 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 09:08 PM) *
on a side note....broners cotto is danny garcia.

just a matter of time before the ducking starts really. i wonder who broners Pac will be, and no donaire does not suffice.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jul 24 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 24 2012, 04:03 PM) *

Broner hasn't even fought good enough opposition yet for us to say what he can do against may weather. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) We haven't seen the best or worst of Broner. Mayweather is ELITE. Broner is a great prospect. I want to see want he can do against Gamboa, Russell Jr, Bradley, Rios, Garcia. Then we can talk Mayweather. Look at their accomplishments at 130. They don't even compare. Their level of opposition at 130 doesn't compare. Broner has a LONG way to go. I honestly don't think he could outclass Marquez. But we'll see. Mayweather got bloodied against Cotto because he decided not to box and fight Cotto's type of fight. Broner definitely wouldn't even match up to a Welterweight cotto. You guys also forgot about Pedro Diaz. Look up this trainers resume, he's a big factor in Mayweather's competitive fight against Cotto. Mayweather could've made it another Mayweather Marquez fight and outboxed him easy. Just watch rounds 1-3. Also remember that was the first time Mayweather fought at 154 in 5 years. He's only fought there once before. Mayweather also had hand problems fight night and he was sick. AND he had 10 oz gloves on ! lol

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jul 24 2012, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 24 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 24 2012, 03:12 PM) *
just a matter of time before the ducking starts really. i wonder who broners Pac will be, and no donaire does not suffice.

if broner/garcia doesn't happen somewhere down the line it will be because one of them fell off. more than likely...danny falls off first. or...danny ends up moving up before broner gets anywhere near his weight.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:08 PM