IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/8PM(PT) Guerrero-Aydin-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Threads or Public Streams (Prelims 1 hr. early-Sho. Extreme)
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #121

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i was thoroughly impressed by george groves from the uk. good fighter.

gomez/porter was a good fight...gomez gave him all he could handle...porter won't be anything special but will make for some great match ups.

guerro/aydin was a decent scrap. for a guy moving up 2 weightclasses...off of a 15 month layoff due to injury...i thought it was a solid performance against a hardnosed undefeated fighter. i had the fight 8-4. i didn't expect guerrero to box. he looked good when he did. he better stay away from trading with these guys at 147 because he hasn't settled into the weight yet. i'd like to see him fight again...the mayweather talk is premature...but he belongs in the mix for a shot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 31 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #122

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

just rread the shit guerro has been saying hes earned a mayweather fight? hes earned fuck all

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #123

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 31 2012, 05:09 PM) *
just rread the shit guerro has been saying hes earned a mayweather fight? hes earned fuck all

his accomplishments are on par with ortiz. he deserves a shot. it's a great fight for floyd to knock the rust off after prison.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 1 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #124

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

so what just a tune up lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #125

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I cant agree with the fact that Guerrero's accomplishments are on par with Ortiz. Heck, Ortiz has fought a more than a few "name" fighters, and he's been promoted to the best of Golden Boy's abilities.

He's fought the likes of Maidana, Campbell, Harris, Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, and Lopez. Guerrero on the other hand, hasn't been in those fights with "name" fighters, other than Katsidis, Casamayor, and Salido...not sure if throwing Litzua's name in there will help.

Point is, he still has some heavy lifting to do. GBP promotions appears to be trying their best to build him up, since they gave him the Katsidis fight and got him a fight with Maidana, which fell through. Dude got injured (I can understand), but as I said at one point in this thread...boxing moved on while Guerrero was on the sideline, so he should keep winning in an impressive fashion, until somebody gives him a big shot.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #126

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 09:44 AM) *
I cant agree with the fact that Guerrero's accomplishments are on par with Ortiz. Heck, Ortiz has fought a more than a few "name" fighters, and he's been promoted to the best of Golden Boy's abilities.

He's fought the likes of Maidana, Campbell, Harris, Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, and Lopez. Guerrero on the other hand, hasn't been in those fights with "name" fighters, other than Katsidis, Casamayor, and Salido...not sure if throwing Litzua's name in there will help.

Point is, he still has some heavy lifting to do. GBP promotions appears to be trying their best to build him up, since they gave him the Katsidis fight and got him a fight with Maidana, which fell through. Dude got injured (I can understand), but as I said at one point in this thread...boxing moved on while Guerrero was on the sideline, so he should keep winning in an impressive fashion, until somebody gives him a big shot.

maidana L
campbell....not the same
harris...vivian??? shot
peterson L (imo)
mayweather L
berto is his best win
lopez L

yeah...i rate guerrero's accomplishments on par. floyd has fought plenty of guys who never accomplished much so that really shouldn't be an issue. also...like they say, styles make fights. i think guerrero gives floyd a tougher fight than jmm and ortiz did. he put himself in the front of the line by beating aydin. he's the mandatory now....but we all know floyd doesn't fight mandatories. he'll vacate before that happens.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #127

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2012, 02:42 PM) *
maidana L
campbell....not the same
harris...vivian??? shot
peterson L (imo)
mayweather L
berto is his best win
lopez L

yeah...i rate guerrero's accomplishments on par. floyd has fought plenty of guys who never accomplished much so that really shouldn't be an issue. also...like they say, styles make fights. i think guerrero gives floyd a tougher fight than jmm and ortiz did. he put himself in the front of the line by beating aydin. he's the mandatory now....but we all know floyd doesn't fight mandatories. he'll vacate before that happens.

Oh wait...for a minute there, I got the impression that Guerrero was this money-drawing threat in the Welterweight division. My bad...

Anyhow...win, lose, or draw, Ortiz fought these guys, and Robert didn't. You know how the business works, up and coming fighters are SUPPOSED to fight these guys that were once great, with one foot out of the door.

You think people really knew who Canelo was before he fought Shane? Nope. All people knew was, "Hey, there's that red headed kid and he's fight Shane (Mosley). People who knew who Mosley was, but really didn't know Canelo. After Canelo beat him into retirement, people are coming to know Canelo a bit more than they once did.

Oscar's fought an old Chavez and an old Whitaker...and got credit for it (in some shape or form). He even lost some (or most) of his biggest fights. The same can be said for Zab Judah, who lost some of his biggest fights, and hell, he lost some fights that he shoudn't have lost.

As for Victor's record, he fought some notable gatekeepers. On top of that, his biggest fight was one that he lost to Maidana, Mayweather, and now Lopez. We all know that his biggest win was against Berto. Guerrero has yet to have a ground-breaking win, nor has he even lost to someone notable. Again, he has some heavy lifting to do.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:00 PM