IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire/Nishioka and Rios/Alvarado Doubleheader, Rios vs Alvarado Poll Added (screw the Donaire fight)
Rios vs Alvarado
Who takes it?
Alvarado by Decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarado by Decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarado by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by Decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by Decision (wide) [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Reponse) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
*Rios by Robbery* [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 6

Cshel86
post Oct 10 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im not sure if Donaire will look super impressive against Nishioka this weekend. Im sure Nishioka and his team knows that they cant match Donaire in the speed or athleticism department, so they'll more than likely fight in a strict basic manner.

One thing that Donaire has shown problems with, as of late, are fighters that stay behind there job and use their footwork to make him look sloppy, especially when he gets wreckless and goes for a KO. We saw it in the Vasquez fight, and a little from that Navas-- guy or whatever his name is. Even Donaire's opponent was able to keep away with the jab.

Maybe Im just not a big Donaire fan, but WV2 did make his face look like he ate a plate of scallops.

PS: Why are they playing that sad ass music in this video of Rios and Margarito making fun of Roach? Dudes were being straight assholes and apologizing, while that wedding music was playing throughout the video. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 10 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Im not sure if Donaire will look super impressive against Nishioka this weekend. Im sure Nishioka and his team knows that they cant match Donaire in the speed or athleticism department, so they'll more than likely fight in a strict basic manner.

One thing that Donaire has shown problems with, as of late, are fighters that stay behind there job and use their footwork to make him look sloppy, especially when he gets wreckless and goes for a KO. We saw it in the Vasquez fight, and a little from that Navas-- guy or whatever his name is. Even Donaire's opponent was able to keep away with the jab.

Maybe Im just not a big Donaire fan, but WV2 did make his face look like he ate a plate of scallops.

PS: Why are they playing that sad ass music in this video of Rios and Margarito making fun of Roach? Dudes were being straight assholes and apologizing, while that wedding music was playing throughout the video. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

donaire looks impressive when opponents come directly at him. when they box a little...he looks very ordinary. i thought his face was puffed up in his last fight too. i was excited about donaire after watching him ko montiel...but since then....eh. he needs to step up the comp. enough of the fighting guys i've never heard of.

i didn't even watch the video. sad wedding music. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that's what weddings are to me...sad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 11 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Donaire needs to quit trying to force the ko. Everyone except mares is gonna try to box him because he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to it.

As far as rios alvarado goes, the thought of either of these guys fighting pac AT 147 is a joke! They could possibly be the most manny pacquiao taylor made opponents you could find. I'm looking forward to this Saturday and I was looking forward to a rematch if the fight was everything expected but this announcement kind of dimmed the glamour for me

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Donaire needs to quit trying to force the ko. Everyone except mares is gonna try to box him because he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to it.

As far as rios alvarado goes, the thought of either of these guys fighting pac AT 147 is a joke! They could possibly be the most manny pacquiao taylor made opponents you could find. I'm looking forward to this Saturday and I was looking forward to a rematch if the fight was everything expected but this announcement kind of dimmed the glamour for me

i offered my opinion on how to get pac back to the "top." apparently....toprank either read my post or great minds think alike. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 11 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2012, 05:21 PM) *
i offered my opinion on how to get pac back to the "top." apparently....toprank either read my post or great minds think alike. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) does Toprank have you on the payroll lol

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 11 2012, 08:35 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 09:33 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) does Toprank have you on the payroll lol

no, but they should for stealing my plan to get pac back to the top. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 12 2012, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Looks like lard ass (Rios) made weight...139.8. No pics yet, but I read that he made weight. I need to see if 140 has done him any favors. Any guess at how what weight he will rehydrate to?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

ok...i just watched the weigh in....and i was surprised to see nishioka is not much smaller than donaire. i also went back and watched a couple of his fights...he's a threat. i had no idea he starched jhonny gonzalez with a single shot. he seems to be a very intelligent boxer....let's see what happens. this fight just got interesting to me.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:48 PM