IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward-Dawson vs. Martinez-Chavez Jr. Who gains more from a victory?
Who Gains More Merit With A Victory?
Choose One
Andre Ward [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Chad Dawson [ 2 ] ** [16.67%]
Sergio Martinez [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr. [ 8 ] ** [66.67%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Aug 1 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Though the P4P list is known to be mythical, it still holds merit to fans (in the sense) of Dominance & Accomplishment from fighters... oh and as well as popularity too. If you notice most P4P list have Sergio Martinez in front of Andre Ward. There are also Top 10 Lists you can find that have Chad Dawson On it & most (if not all) lists that DON'T Have Chavez Jr. in the top 10. So it begs the question(s):

1. If Chavez Jr. Beats Martinez does that place him in front of the Ward-Dawson winner?

2. Who gains more success from there victory, Ward, Dawson, Martinez or Chavez Jr.?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Aug 1 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Chavez has the most star(ppv) potential, so if he wins the sky is the limit for him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 1 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The only winners on here from my perspective would be Dawson and chavez. Because if ward or Martinez win I doubt they will get much credit

This post has been edited by checkleft: Aug 1 2012, 06:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 1 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 1 2012, 07:14 PM) *
Chavez has the most star(ppv) potential, so if he wins the sky is the limit for him

Definitely, to you who gains more in terms of respect?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 1 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 1 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Though the P4P list is known to be mythical, it still holds merit to fans (in the sense) of Dominance & Accomplishment from fighters... oh and as well as popularity too. If you notice most P4P list have Sergio Martinez in front of Andre Ward. There are also Top 10 Lists you can find that have Chad Dawson On it & most (if not all) lists that DON'T Have Chavez Jr. in the top 10. So it begs the question(s):

1. If Chavez Jr. Beats Martinez does that place him in front of the Ward-Dawson winner?

2. Who gains more success from there victory, Ward, Dawson, Martinez or Chavez Jr.?

1. NO
2. Ward gains more because he is taking on the LHW Champion and in essence fighting the bigger man, who some already have in their P4P that is also a young fighter with a long career ahead of him whereas JLC Jr is fighting someone who is actually smaller, older and probably does not have much longevity left in this sport. Should Martinez win then most will say it was expected from a guy who is fighting at his best weight that he's dominated for awhile now and he'd either have to move up to SMW to fight Ward or someone else in order to prove his greatness which cannot be done against smaller fighters like Floyd and Pac.

Dawson would basically be looked at in the same way as Martinez, a bigger P4P fighter beating a smaller fighter, nothing really to gain but everything to lose.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Aug 1 2012, 06:49 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 1 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2012, 07:33 PM) *
The only winners on here from my perspective would be Dawson and chavez. Because if ward or Martinez win I doubt they will get much credit

Martinez Will get credit if he beats a cruiser-weight Chavez Jr. we seen look incredible in his last couple fights. Martinez is not only fighting a kid in his prime but he will more than likely be fighting an over sized kid in his prime that can take a punch, with all the fame there is to gain from a Chavez victory can be taken away by Martinez and i can see nothing less than success from either with a victory.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 1 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 1 2012, 06:48 PM) *
1. NO
2. Ward gains more because he is taking on the LHW Champion and in essence fighting the bigger man, who some already have in their P4P that is also a young fighter with a long career ahead of him whereas JLC Jr is fighting someone who is actually smaller, older and probably does not have much longevity left in this sport. Should Martinez win then most will say it was expected from a guy who is fighting at his best weight that he's dominated for awhile now and he'd either have to move up to SMW to fight Ward or someone else in order to prove his greatness which cannot be done against smaller fighters like Floyd and Pac.

Dawson would basically be looked at in the same way as Martinez, a bigger P4P fighter beating a smaller fighter, nothing really to gain but everything to lose.

I have ward ahead of Dawson on my list, and even though I dont see it this way, people could say Dawson was drained.

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 1 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Martinez Will get credit if he beats a cruiser-weight Chavez Jr. we seen look incredible in his last couple fights. Martinez is not only fighting a kid in his prime but he will more than likely be fighting an over sized kid in his prime that can take a punch, with all the fame there is to gain from a Chavez victory can be taken away by Martinez and i can see nothing less than success from either with a victory.

I got you but I mean if Martinez wins most people will look at it as of he was picking on chacha. But if chavez puts up a good fight he will probably move up a notch and Martinez will still be stuck in limbo land between mayweather and pac and even scarier than before to anyone near his division.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 1 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 1 2012, 07:48 PM) *
1. NO

so the term "to be the man you have to beat the man" doesen't hold court. If a non top 10 fighter were 2 knock off lets say a Floyd Mayweather, does he not replace him as #1?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Chavez will be the biggest winner in this situation. Out of the 4, he has the most star potential (as someone just mentioned). If Dawson beats Ward, it will make big noise in the boxing community, and the same goes for an undefeated Ward if he beats Dawson.

As for Chavez/Martinez...Chavez will only get bigger when he beats Sergio. If Sergio wins, then he upsets an unforgiving apple cart here. Sergio's old, and no one is really trying to pump too much into his image at this point, and Chavez on the other hand, his team has BIG plans for him. A loss for Sergio may actually help him, I know that sounds crazy...

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 1 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Chavez by far imo.

For all the points mentioned above

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:29 AM