IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Less than 24 hours for Mayweather., The countdown is on.
Cshel86
post Aug 2 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Aug 2 2012, 12:51 PM) *
Shel, you say it as if it's a bad thing. Sort of like a female starting off the dreaded conversation "You know I love you but...."

I just wanted to give Money a welcome back to freedom, nothing that hasn't happened to someone of lesser stature, whats wrong with a fan saying that?

No different from when Tyson came out, there were newspaper articles of the same nature.

Most people that get a "welcome back" have been locked down for years. Tyson's situation was totally different story, being the fact that there was no Facebook, Twitter, internet crazed fans, not many message boards, and so on. This dude's name has been brought up and beat to death, and he's only been away for 2 months.

Tyson was locked up for YEARS...years is the time it takes for people to forget about you. Trust me, nobody forgot about Floyd in 2 months. Hell, any other time, we wouldn't hear shit from him anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Aug 2 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Aug 2 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Yet you found your way to the thread, and found it in your heart to post words of encouragement towards him. Not calling you a fan boy, tho I'll freely admit that I am, and have no shame in saying but at least i'm honest when I post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIh0MMm6TyE

Bang BANG!

I found my way to the tread because I'm a member of this forum and I come here to see what's going on. I wasn't searching the internet for some Floyd welcoming thread. I saw this thread and laughed at the responses so I responded because you fanboys are ridiculous for starting a welcome home thread. So I wanted to tell you guys how ridiculous you sound for saying things like, welcome home money, i hope you are doing well or the I hope you learned from this. Anyways who gives a shit. He did time for beating his kids mom which is the stupidest thing a boxer can do and the time he got was well warranted.

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Aug 2 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #13

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,586

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Most people that get a "welcome back" have been locked down for years. Tyson's situation was totally different story, being the fact that there was no Facebook, Twitter, internet crazed fans, not many message boards, and so on. This dude's name has been brought up and beat to death, and he's only been away for 2 months.

Tyson was locked up for YEARS...years is the time it takes for people to forget about you. Trust me, nobody forgot about Floyd in 2 months. Hell, any other time, we wouldn't hear shit from him anyway.

As usual Shel, I feel you on the angle, but prison is prison never the less. Hell if I knew a local cat who went in for two months or so, he still would get a Welcome back from me.

Actually when I was working for Earthlink in GA, I had a homie named Tron who also worked there. We were riding home from the marijuana dealers house, and I got pulled over.. low and behold Tron had a warrant that he had warned me about weeks before, and when the cops pulled us over we both knew it was a wrap for him, for at LEAST a month.

Now.. I actually had an oz of bud in the car, that 5-0 couldn't find. Me and Tron went half on this, cause this is what we did after work. Madden, Beer, and Bud.

When Tron got out 2 1/2 months later.. I had a whole different oz of bud, but I still gave him his half with a hearty welcome back.

Sure the circumstances are totally different, but at the same time, both men deserve at LEAST that from me. It's respect.

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Aug 2 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Aug 2 2012, 01:24 PM) *
I found my way to the tread because I'm a member of this forum and I come here to see what's going on. I wasn't searching the internet for some Floyd welcoming thread. I saw this thread and laughed at the responses so I responded because you fanboys are ridiculous for starting a welcome home thread. So I wanted to tell you guys how ridiculous you sound for saying things like, welcome home money, i hope you are doing well or the I hope you learned from this. Anyways who gives a shit. He did time for beating his kids mom which is the stupidest thing a boxer can do and the time he got was well warranted.

It seems to me, that alot of the members of the forum have tampons rammed up their asses. You being one of them, and the demeanor you guys have is like you wake up everyday with a horrible mood for living a really shitty life, and decide to put that out to the world.

Put it this way... if you see a problem with me or anyone else saying welcome back to their favorite boxer after doing the time a judge gave them, then it's not ME who has the issues, it's you.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Aug 2 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Aug 2 2012, 10:38 AM) *
It seems to me, that alot of the members of the forum have tampons rammed up their asses. You being one of them, and the demeanor you guys have is like you wake up everyday with a horrible mood for living a really shitty life, and decide to put that out to the world.

Put it this way... if you see a problem with me or anyone else saying welcome back to their favorite boxer after doing the time a judge gave them, then it's not ME who has the issues, it's you.

Dude it's actually you who has the issues and it's you who has the tampon up you ass. Why do you get all butt hurt when i say you and some of these fanboys sound ridiculous for welcoming home a guy you don't even know. Guys who treat Floyd like a god get so hurt when someone is not like them. Anyway I never said I have a problem with your welcome home money thread, all i said is that I got a laugh out of it when saw it and that y'all sound riduculous with the things you says. It's you who has the problem with my response not me with your. For all I care you can start another thread about how much you love Floyd and how he is your favorite. It's all good fanboy.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Aug 2 2012, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 2 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

2 months!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

that's hilarious. no reason for celebration. i will laugh my ass off if he comes out all tatt'd up and top heavy like most cats that do time. let's be real....he wasn't in the pen....it was a detention center. i'm sure county in places like l.a., chicago, ny are much worse. to some of the ass clowns around...i'm sure this will add to his "street cred." i thought it was comical when he compared himself doing time to mlk and malcolm x. he was in detention for 2 months for slappin his ex around in front of his kids. not exactly some shit to celebrate.

ppl got it all twisted. my ex's fam celebrated a family member getting out the joint for armed robbery but totally ignored her brothers graduation from college. shit just doesn't make sense to me. oh well....to each his own.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 2 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I wouldn't say that anybody has a tampon rammed up their asses, well at least I wouldn't be the one to admit such a thing. Im just tired of us regulars discussing almost all aspects of the sport and current events, then people come out of the wood work with a "welcome home" thread for Floyd and you hardly see them around here.

It's almost like a slap in the face to everybody that posts (I will speak for myself) on here on a regular basis, and most of all, it's does make guys look like fanboys, though I try to refrain from addressing such generalizations. Trust me, Im here most days (if not every day), and it's like a slap in the face when threads like this pop up...it's almost like you're saying, "Fuck everything that's going on in the sport, Money Mayweather's coming home". Of course guys come back with, "I dont have time to be on here like that" and blah, blah, blah...but when effort is put forth to open a thread like this, then something just doesn't add up.

Now, that's not a knock against you, but it does spell fan boy. Again, I've looked at other forums and saw the same type of "welcome home" thread, but hell, it was usually a johnny-come-lately member who posted it. It's bad enough that every discussion here leads to Floyd, but to acknowledge a dude that's only been locked up for 2 months, and is about to be free, is tiresome and a joke. Im just still stuck on the fact that the dude was only in jail for 2 months, and people are acting like he really lost his freedom.

I know prison and jail are two different animals, but it's still jail. Imagine Floyd dealing with the same elements that surrounded Tyson, and honestly, his head was waaaay more fucked up after he got out of prison. He said shit about grown men crying and being depressed and so forth. Floyd was locked away, ALONE, without the worries of fighting for his life every second, getting raped, killed, or mentally dwindling away due to the elements of lifers and such. So again, Im wondering why people get all up in arms when they get called out for being a fan boy for welcoming the dude back home...he simply hibernated for 2 months.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Aug 2 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 2 2012, 11:12 AM) *
ppl got it all twisted. my ex's fam celebrated a family member getting out the joint for armed robbery but totally ignored her brothers graduation from college. shit just doesn't make sense to me. oh well....to each his own.

Lol, now that's funny. That don't make any sense, but it's funny, sad, ignorant and strange all in one.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Aug 2 2012, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Aug 2 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Rename this thread to"boxingloner vs Hagtig 24/7" lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 2 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 2 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Rename this thread to"boxingloner vs Hagtig 24/7" lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:22 AM