IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The WORST Decision in Olympic Boxing Since Jones-Park!, Video: OMG!!!!! (Good article too!)
Jack 1000
post Aug 2 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Here you go guys:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/boxi...al-rulings.html

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

aiba has voted to get rid of the current scoring system and it won't be in place for the next olympics. they're also doing away with headgears. i don't understand why that wasn't done for this one. why wait four more years?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 3 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 3 2012, 01:17 PM) *
aiba has voted to get rid of the current scoring system and it won't be in place for the next olympics. they're also doing away with headgears. i don't understand why that wasn't done for this one. why wait four more years?

Thanks Professor,

I have not checked this out. But are they just going to go to a 10-point must scoring system like in the pros? They should, with a three-knockdown rule in effect, or three standing 8 counts ending the fight. No more headgear, that's surprising. This also may put a damper on the WBC looking to experiment with computer scoring, which is supposed to be introduced in November at their convention. Jose Suliman said that they would like to try something that is NOT number (Punch-Stat) based, but a system that more accurately reflects what happens in the ring. I still like the traditional 10 point must system, but believe that there should be more liberal use of the lesser points given to boxers who lose a round.

I sent a letter to the WBC about this, that there should be a wider use of the 10-point must system. Now if the Olympics would do that, it would help.

Jack

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:02 AM