> Peterson vs. Judah-Preview Thoughts, Heard HBO Will NOT Show This
Jack 1000
post Aug 19 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Mistake by HBO,

A good Judah can still be very good for the first six rounds or so, and this fight shows that Zab will still be fighting a very good fighter. It is a fight I would want to see. I don't think it's strong enough for a mandatory defense, but considering the crap that HBO often puts out as a main event, this should have been shown. It's not in the days of Lou Dibella Boxing After Dark Matches, but it's not likely to suck either.

It's only a shutout situation if Zab gets discouraged early or just shows up for a payday. There is about a 60% chance that this fight will be competitive, at least early.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 19 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Definitely a big mistake by HBO to reject this fight. When you look at the fights that they have shown or have shown in years past, this one matches up and exceeds those standards. I think it would be a great sell, you have Peterson coming off suspension and the back lash that he'll likely still receive from the TRT treatments and you have Zab who is getting his umpteenth shot at a title and redemption of sorts. How this fight doesn't sell and attract viewers is beyond me.

With that said, I'm sure many are favoring Peterson to win but it's a pick'em fight to me due to Peterson's inactivity and the fact that i want to see how he handles the scrutiny of his situation all the while preparing for a title defense. If Judah can keep mentally focused during this fight and we all know that's a big IF, then Lamont could be in for a long night. This fight will be exciting. It'll be exciting for 12 rounds or however long it lasts...HBO made a mistake on this one

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 19 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Zab failed to show up against Khan so I understand why HBO is passing on Zab. But there are other networks so im sure somebodies gonna pick up this fight. I think Peterson is a better matchup for Zab. Peterson isnt a technical fighter like Khan. He needs to fight on the inside which will allow Zab to land his counter left uppercut. Zab still has speed and power which makes this fight legit.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 19 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good points!

As I opened a thread about a while ago, HBO has this "we have the megafight in the bag" mentality, so they're dumb and prideful enough to pass up a fight of this stature. HBO will further fail because of this attitude, because Showtime takes risks. Well, I cant say that HBO doesn't take risks (Donaire/Navaez, Donaire/Mathebula (sp), etc.), they just take some naive risks, so to speak..."Hey, let's air the house fighter against a no-hoper and build him up!'

Zab fucked himself in the Khan fight, so I can somewhat understand them not wanting to air the fight. Anyhow, Zab had a pretty impressive win over Paris and Peterson beat the hell out of Khan (controversial or not), so that should even out a bit.

I think that they're just butthurt because their princess (Khan) got floored, and Peterson beat him (PEDs or not, it would've happened). NOW, Zab had JUST beat Mabuza (sp) and won the IBF belt, and they had no problem with Zab fighting Khan, though we had no idea who Mabuza was. Wanna know why? Because he was fighting Khan...what was so hard about that guys? Step your game the next time I ask you a "gimme" question. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) j/k

This is a pretty good fight, and HBO being the fools that they are, they'll let Showtime get it, and lose out again. Do yall think that they would've aired Ortiz/Lopez? Hell no! Guess what? Lopez/Ortiz ended up being one of the year's upsets. HBO will never learn...

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Aug 20 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #5

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

This is a decent matchup for Peterson, since he is coming off of the controversy hes had. He will dominate and control Judah and win a UD. Yea sure Judah has a punchers chance but the guy will not do anything. Peterson is just to mentally strong and just too hard of a man for Judah to break. As far as this fight not being on HBO kinda sucks as I really like watching Peterson but watching Judah, I'll pass. To me Judah is NOT must see tv. But wherever it's at I'll watch so I can see Peterson beat Judah down.

On a side note, why do people on here make such a big deal with Judahs win over Vernon Paris. It was a nice little win for Judah, but Paris is just a good regional fights and that it. He's not a world beater or world class. Just because Paris beat the even more mental midget than Judah, in tim Coleman prior to his fight with Judah, don't mean he would handle Peterson.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 20 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2012, 11:02 PM) *
Good points!

As I opened a thread about a while ago, HBO has this "we have the megafight in the bag" mentality, so they're dumb and prideful enough to pass up a fight of this stature. HBO will further fail because of this attitude, because Showtime takes risks. Well, I cant say that HBO doesn't take risks (Donaire/Navaez, Donaire/Mathebula (sp), etc.), they just take some naive risks, so to speak..."Hey, let's air the house fighter against a no-hoper and build him up!'

Zab fucked himself in the Khan fight, so I can somewhat understand them not wanting to air the fight. Anyhow, Zab had a pretty impressive win over Paris and Peterson beat the hell out of Khan (controversial or not), so that should even out a bit.

I think that they're just butthurt because their princess (Khan) got floored, and Peterson beat him (PEDs or not, it would've happened). NOW, Zab had JUST beat Mabuza (sp) and won the IBF belt, and they had no problem with Zab fighting Khan, though we had no idea who Mabuza was. Wanna know why? Because he was fighting Khan...what was so hard about that guys? Step your game the next time I ask you a "gimme" question. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) j/k

This is a pretty good fight, and HBO being the fools that they are, they'll let Showtime get it, and lose out again. Do yall think that they would've aired Ortiz/Lopez? Hell no! Guess what? Lopez/Ortiz ended up being one of the year's upsets. HBO will never learn...

hit the nail on the head with this post. i'll just add...hbo sucks. fuck lampley, merchant, toprank, hauser, rafael and everyone else who shitted on ross greenburg. they all thought they knew better and now hbo is sucking more than ever. showtime is the home of the upset!!! no showcase bouts there.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 20 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Aug 20 2012, 04:02 PM) *
This is a decent matchup for Peterson, since he is coming off of the controversy hes had. He will dominate and control Judah and win a UD. Yea sure Judah has a punchers chance but the guy will not do anything. Peterson is just to mentally strong and just too hard of a man for Judah to break. As far as this fight not being on HBO kinda sucks as I really like watching Peterson but watching Judah, I'll pass. To me Judah is NOT must see tv. But wherever it's at I'll watch so I can see Peterson beat Judah down.

On a side note, why do people on here make such a big deal with Judahs win over Vernon Paris. It was a nice little win for Judah, but Paris is just a good regional fights and that it. He's not a world beater or world class. Just because Paris beat the even more mental midget than Judah, in tim Coleman prior to his fight with Judah, don't mean he would handle Peterson.

I agree, hands down.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2012, 04:08 PM) *
hit the nail on the head with this post. i'll just add...hbo sucks. fuck lampley, merchant, toprank, hauser, rafael and everyone else who shitted on ross greenburg. they all thought they knew better and now hbo is sucking more than ever. showtime is the home of the upset!!! no showcase bouts there.

Great addition! They screwed this one up big time...should've left well enough alone. Hell, well enough was doing pretty good things for the network, and Greenburg's work went down the shitter. That's like a man with eyesight, trying to rearrange Stevie Wonder's music. Leave the shit alone man, it's classic, it worked, and it sold...no need to try and reinvent the wheel.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 20 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 20 2012, 07:42 PM) *
I agree, hands down.

Great addition! They screwed this one up big time...should've left well enough alone. Hell, well enough was doing pretty good things for the network, and Greenburg's work went down the shitter. That's like a man with eyesight, trying to rearrange Stevie Wonder's music. Leave the shit alone man, it's classic, it worked, and it sold...no need to try and reinvent the wheel.

hauser wrote those pieces shitting on greenburg and davis for giving gbp and haymon preferential treatment...but their fights were producing the most fireworks at the time. berto/ortiz, williams/martinez 1&2...and a few others. i saw right through the bullshit when those pieces first came out. i said it back then...hauser sounded like he was a shill for toprank. they called for greenburgs head...got it...and now hbo suck more than ever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) for the record...when greenburg turned down pac/mosley...he got that one right!

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 21 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Like most, I'm picking Peterson. As long as Zab doesn't fold like he did against Khan, then I'm expecting a nice boxing match.

I liked Judah's utter domination of Paris. Obviously Peterson's a better boxer than Paris, but if Judah shows the ring IQ that he showed that night, then very cool.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 21 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Call me crazy, but I believe Judah sparks Peterson with something nice and sneaky. Peterson has crazy resolve, but Judah's fast enough to put him down and actually finish him off unlike Ortiz and Bradley failed to do.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:44 AM