> ward/dawson 24/7, discussion thread
mrchitown
post Aug 31 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 02:19 PM) *
they say it's not going to be an issue. i think chad is one of those guys that doesn't struggle to make weight at all.

I don't think he does either. I read an interview of his an he is pretty good about keeping his weight down in between fights. I think he walks around around 185 he said
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 31 2012, 02:35 AM) *
I don't think he does either. I read an interview of his an he is pretty good about keeping his weight down in between fights. I think he walks around around 185 he said

ok...the game has changed....i read this in another forum....supposedly, chad got dropped nasty during a sparring session with edison miranda a few days ago.

why they sparring miranda!? he ain't nothing like ward. makes no sense.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 03:54 PM) *
ok...the game has changed....i read this in another forum....supposedly, chad got dropped nasty during a sparring session with edison miranda a few days ago.

Man I heard about that shit last Wednesday on the radio show...wasn't sure if it was 100% true, but you are about the 3rd person I've heard this from. And yes, WTF is Miranda there for? He fights nothing like Ward. Most of all, why in hell is Chad getting dropped in sparring? Not many people go 100% in sparring, unless that shit got out of control.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Man I heard about that shit last Wednesday on the radio show...wasn't sure if it was 100% true, but you are about the 3rd person I've heard this from. And yes, WTF is Miranda there for? He fights nothing like Ward. Most of all, why in hell is Chad getting dropped in sparring? Not many people go 100% in sparring, unless that shit got out of control.

u can't control jealousy/envy in the ring. i can see a cat like miranda looking at chad sideways and wanting to make a name for himself. shit gets heated quick. a good trainer will pull his guy before it gets ridiculous. from what i am told by ppl who have worked with miranda in the past...he is capable of working without getting out of hand....but i also know chad throws with heat when he spars. i guess what goes around comes around. i am now confirming my pick. ward by ud.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 02:54 PM) *

You and Shels always holding out the behind the scenes info lmao...with that said, I was reading an interview Scully gave and he has been very adamant that they have been having great sparring and that the sparring partners they've brought in have been very good in terms of emulating the style of Ward. It seems as if we have been misled then...

Miranda has nothing in his arsenal that can be compared to Ward. And he allegedly got droped? This is NOT good for Team Dawson, I was picking Ward to win any way but now I am thinking if his sparring his with the likes of Miranda, then this fight might not be as competitive as I hoped it would be.

I brought tickets to the fight and will be in attendance, I hope it is an exciting fight and whoever wins will have propelled themselves up the P4P ladder

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 04:56 PM) *
u can't control jealousy/envy in the ring. i can see a cat like miranda looking at chad sideways and wanting to make a name for himself. shit gets heated quick. a good trainer will pull his guy before it gets ridiculous. from what i am told by ppl who have worked with miranda in the past...he is capable of working without getting out of hand....but i also know chad throws with heat when he spars. i guess what goes around comes around. i am now confirming my pick. ward by ud.

*in my Denzel voice* "My man" hahahaha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 05:56 PM) *

NOT a good sign for Chad, smh. You're right, jealousy and envy cant be controlled in the ring, and I've seen Miranda lose his composure in a few fights but who knows.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 4 2012, 07:58 PM) *
You and Shels always holding out the behind the scenes info lmao...with that said, I was reading an interview Scully gave and he has been very adamant that they have been having great sparring and that the sparring partners they've brought in have been very good in terms of emulating the style of Ward. It seems as if we have been misled then...

Miranda has nothing in his arsenal that can be compared to Ward. And he allegedly got droped? This is NOT good for Team Dawson, I was picking Ward to win any way but now I am thinking if his sparring his with the likes of Miranda, then this fight might not be as competitive as I hoped it would be.

I brought tickets to the fight and will be in attendance, I hope it is an exciting fight and whoever wins will have propelled themselves up the P4P ladder

Lol, no inside info from this time. Anytime I hear something, I usually wait to see if it breaks out somewhere else, or when I get the cue spill the beans. That's Professor with all of the secret squirrel info. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've also been hearing that Julio hasn't been taking his fight/training camp as serious as he should be, and Sergio looks like a machine a this point.

Anyhow, I'll be in the west coast the weekend after you, to catch this Chavez/Martinez bout. I may attend that special edition of FNF that Thurs at the Hard Rock, I believe. Maybe I can catch some of the fighters out there, or at least try my hand at a dance/lapdance from one of those Tecate girls, without security getting involved. Lol

As for Ward getting dropped, I dont know what to make of that. Hopefully he just got caught with something quick, and it had little to do with the possible effects of the weight loss. I dont see how he called Ward out, suggested a catchweight (which got declined), then said that the weight "was no issue". Hope we're wrong here.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 4 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 03:54 PM) *

Uh oh.. no Bueno

Maybe the weight is affecting his chin?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 4 2012, 07:58 PM) *

u know...scully is a good cat who i think is a good trainer. but like all trainers...they have to keep a poker face when dealing with the media. i don't doubt he's been getting good work. i just really wonder about this rumor with miranda. these things happen. vegas is definitely the spot for sparring. on the flip side...i've heard (from a friend of a friend) that ward has been putting it on his sparring partners...so much so that one of them chose to bounce his ass back to l.a. rather than endure the ass whoopin. i get the feeling that ward is going to stake his claim with this one. i believe the weight loss is definitely going to be an issue for chad(read a great interview with virgil where he makes some very valid points)...plus he needs his ass whooped for giving his kids those jacked up names. sir chancellor!? for real? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 08:33 PM) *
NOT a good sign for Chad, smh. You're right, jealousy and envy cant be controlled in the ring, and I've seen Miranda lose his composure in a few fights but who knows.

Lol, no inside info from this time. Anytime I hear something, I usually wait to see if it breaks out somewhere else, or when I get the cue spill the beans. That's Professor with all of the secret squirrel info. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've also been hearing that Julio hasn't been taking his fight/training camp as serious as he should be, and Sergio looks like a machine a this point.

Anyhow, I'll be in the west coast the weekend after you, to catch this Chavez/Martinez bout. I may attend that special edition of FNF that Thurs at the Hard Rock, I believe. Maybe I can catch some of the fighters out there, or at least try my hand at a dance/lapdance from one of those Tecate girls, without security getting involved. Lol

As for Ward getting dropped, I dont know what to make of that. Hopefully he just got caught with something quick, and it had little to do with the possible effects of the weight loss. I dont see how he called Ward out, suggested a catchweight (which got declined), then said that the weight "was no issue". Hope we're wrong here.

no secret squirrel info...i'm just bouncing between boards at the moment. i don't like to put info out that isn't already out there either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (unless it's misinformation on one of the homies)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:17 PM