post Sep 4 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Uh oh.. no Bueno

Maybe the weight is affecting his chin?

weight definitely makes a difference. i can't see him taking off much muscle....so it has to be water. dehydration is very dangerous. he has to drop 7lbs....muscle weighs more than fat...and he didn't have much fat to begin with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 07:33 PM) *
NOT a good sign for Chad, smh. You're right, jealousy and envy cant be controlled in the ring, and I've seen Miranda lose his composure in a few fights but who knows.

Lol, no inside info from this time. Anytime I hear something, I usually wait to see if it breaks out somewhere else, or when I get the cue spill the beans. That's Professor with all of the secret squirrel info. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've also been hearing that Julio hasn't been taking his fight/training camp as serious as he should be, and Sergio looks like a machine a this point.

Anyhow, I'll be in the west coast the weekend after you, to catch this Chavez/Martinez bout. I may attend that special edition of FNF that Thurs at the Hard Rock, I believe. Maybe I can catch some of the fighters out there, or at least try my hand at a dance/lapdance from one of those Tecate girls, without security getting involved. Lol

As for Ward getting dropped, I dont know what to make of that. Hopefully he just got caught with something quick, and it had little to do with the possible effects of the weight loss. I dont see how he called Ward out, suggested a catchweight (which got declined), then said that the weight "was no issue". Hope we're wrong here.

Get the lapdance LMAO.....

I just read an interview Scully did and Professor is right, they brought up the fact that Dawson is coming down in weight and Scully reverted back to bringing up the strength and conditioning coach and says that he makes sure to get constant updates. I don't know, I think this spells trouble for Dawson and his team. And in the same interview he even admitted that though they won the fight against Hopkins, that it was times where he had to reel Chad back into make him focus

He can't afford to do that against a fighter at the level of Ward. On the flip side, Virgil Hunter recently did an interview going in on the negative aspects a strength and conditioning coach can have on a fighter. He talked about Khan and De La Hoya and provided some good insight to the other side of the coin when dealing with a strength and conditioning coach

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 08:40 PM) *
u know...scully is a good cat who i think is a good trainer. but like all trainers...they have to keep a poker face when dealing with the media. i don't doubt he's been getting good work. i just really wonder about this rumor with miranda. these things happen. vegas is definitely the spot for sparring. on the flip side...i've heard (from a friend of a friend) that ward has been putting it on his sparring partners...so much so that one of them chose to bounce his ass back to l.a. rather than endure the ass whoopin. i get the feeling that ward is going to stake his claim with this one. i believe the weight loss is definitely going to be an issue for chad(read a great interview with virgil where he makes some very valid points)...plus he needs his ass whooped for giving his kids those jacked up names. sir chancellor!? for real? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think we read the same article lol and I agree with what he said. It makes you wonder about certain people in the fighters' camps and if they have the fighter's best interest in mind.

LOL I wasn't going to get on the names but those kids will probably be a better fighter then their father. Because with names like that they'll have to fight their way thru the playground lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 5 2012, 12:29 AM) *
I think we read the same article lol and I agree with what he said. It makes you wonder about certain people in the fighters' camps and if they have the fighter's best interest in mind.

LOL I wasn't going to get on the names but those kids will probably be a better fighter then their father. Because with names like that they'll have to fight their way thru the playground lol

trust me...i know all about growing up with a name kids will tease u over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) on the positive side...like u said, they'll be better fighters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

as for the strength and conditioning coaches....don't get me wrong...i like alex ariza....but that dude really oversteps his boundaries. he's not a cut man. he's not a promoter. he's there to help the guy get in shape. nothing more...nothing less. i've watched him work corners during sparring with some world class guys and they end up looking like shit because he isn't capable of seeing or understanding the adjustments that need to be made. i don't give a shit who he worked with in the past....i'm sure he learned a lot from freddie but he's light years behind him and most of the coaches in the wildcard.

everyone wants to be that person...."i told him to do this....and then he won!" it's a great feeling....and like virgil said about trainers themselves...they get more credit than they deserve. it's the fighters who have to walk thru the fire....not the coaches. viril is a deep cat and has great understanding. he's definitely one of my favorites in the game.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 5 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 03:38 AM) *
trust me...i know all about growing up with a name kids will tease u over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) on the positive side...like u said, they'll be better fighters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

as for the strength and conditioning coaches....don't get me wrong...i like alex ariza....but that dude really oversteps his boundaries. he's not a cut man. he's not a promoter. he's there to help the guy get in shape. nothing more...nothing less. i've watched him work corners during sparring with some world class guys and they end up looking like shit because he isn't capable of seeing or understanding the adjustments that need to be made. i don't give a shit who he worked with in the past....i'm sure he learned a lot from freddie but he's light years behind him and most of the coaches in the wildcard.

everyone wants to be that person...."i told him to do this....and then he won!" it's a great feeling....and like virgil said about trainers themselves...they get more credit than they deserve. it's the fighters who have to walk thru the fire....not the coaches. viril is a deep cat and has great understanding. he's definitely one of my favorites in the game.

I think Virgil is underrated as a trainer but he probably likes it that way. Just listening to him, you can tell he is one of the few trainers out there today who are knowledgeable about the necessities of boxing and being a trainer in the sport of boxing.

I agree that Ariza wants the spotlight. I like him and his personality, he'll definitely call BS on Arum or anyone else for that matter but Virgil brought up an interesting point about the issues that fighters who train with Ariza have. Like the cramps and what not.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 5 2012, 05:34 AM) *
I think Virgil is underrated as a trainer but he probably likes it that way. Just listening to him, you can tell he is one of the few trainers out there today who are knowledgeable about the necessities of boxing and being a trainer in the sport of boxing.

I agree that Ariza wants the spotlight. I like him and his personality, he'll definitely call BS on Arum or anyone else for that matter but Virgil brought up an interesting point about the issues that fighters who train with Ariza have. Like the cramps and what not.

absolutely. these guys are great at putting weight on fighters...but they fail at taking it off. he brings plenty of valid points. that dude needs to write a book because he's really good about putting his knowledge into words. more so than most coaches.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 5 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 11:21 AM) *
absolutely. these guys are great at putting weight on fighters...but they fail at taking it off. he brings plenty of valid points. that dude needs to write a book because he's really good about putting his knowledge into words. more so than most coaches.

True, he has a wealth of knowledge that could help a new generation of trainers. Because I see few people that are true trainers and teachers of the sport these days. It's so messed up in boxing that you can turn a baseball cap backwards and throw a towel over your shoulder and that person starts to act like a trainer and talk like a trainer but doesn't even know the little nuances or how to make adjustments. Just sad

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:33 PM