IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:@ 9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) B.A.D Double Header, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
pacco_diablo
post Sep 4 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #41

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,107

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 03:04 AM) *
u know something....i'm probably going to catch shit for this....and i am definitely not being sarcastic. i knew his name would eventually be mentioned....but yes, i think he can beat mayweather. he'll steam roll lara.

i've got footage of this kid from 2003 on video tape. i trained a kid who came to l.a. from europe and he basically told me golovkin was the guy to beat in the '04 olympics. i've been following him ever since. there's limited footage of him on the net...but he can box. he's switched his style to be aggressive and it's working well for him. his patience, timing, defense, punch placement, speed, reflexes, chin and punching power are all on point. he is the complete package and it will be a while before he loses. i haven't seen the footage but there are rumors that he's put it on canelo, margarito, chavez and many others in sparring. that doesn't surprise me one bit. he beat korobov in the amateurs and he also stopped bute. all the guys on the list i gave have several ingredients...but none have the full package like this kid. if the powers that be allow it, this kid will be an all time great. i don't throw words or praise around like this....but i recognize real talent when i see it.

He showed a lot of talent in his performance Saturday. That rumor list is also very impressive. I'd be curious to see how he fairs against a top "defensive minded" fighter. With this past performance he's definitely on the map now. I'm going to hold my judgement until we see him in the ring against one of the top dogs. He looked very impressive though and you could tell as soon as the fight started that someone was going to get knocked out. He has quite the dome though, and with a head like that he may be knockout proof. lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Sep 4 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #42

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

Is it just me or did Dzinziruk remind you of Don Flamingo?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 4 2012, 09:56 AM) *
I like Golovkin. He's impresive. But he gets hit way too much for me to hop on his bandwagon and start throwing Mayweather caliber names out there.I think Ward would starch his ass up. I don't think he'd beat Chavez or Martinez. If Cotto boxes him and doesn't try to brawl, I don't he'd win that either. But those other guys you mentioned, I'd have to agree. He's put the beats on them. As much as I've grown to like Canelo, until he learns to defend better, he'd better stay all the way the fuck out of a ring with that dude lol

he got hit clean a few times in that fight...but part of it was that proska is a slick dude with a nice counter punching style. yeah, he's no mayweather....and i get what u are saying. but if u go back and watch that fight again u'll see that golovkin made the adjustments and he's pretty slick himself for a guy who fights as aggressively as he does. he was very calculating and he's not the kind of guy trying to take your bishop or your knight....he's trying to check mate your ass in as few moves as possible.

i'm making my bold predictions now.

he ko's chavez, cotto, canelo, pavlik, froch...and a bunch of others. ward is his toughest fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2012, 10:22 AM) *
I still can't get ahead of myself. I mean sparring is one thing and Canelo margs and chacha aren't exactly world beaters either (yet). But I did hear the guy is a sav from training in cali, but I mean proska is not a good measuring stick to where he's at, I mean it was a solid win but this was basically their first good fight ya know? Before this fight both were pretty much fighting cans. But I wouldn't be surprised if your right about him staying undefeated for a while. The kid has really heavy hands good speed and applies nice pressure. He could fight Abraham or Lara, those fights could be a nice test for him.

i've been on both sides of some great fighters over the years. i remember when i wasn't sold on pernell whitaker. i didn't see or appreciate his brilliance until he whooped chavez. then i had to go back and look at all of his other fights and reassess my opinion of him. i learned a lot from that experience....and i realized that sometimes, i miss shit. that was me in my younger days as a student of the game/boxer. now...as a coach, i've developed a much more critical eye. i've studied them all. i know the ingredients necessary. this kid had most of the ingredients as an amateur....and he's developed the rest and changed his style (which isn't an easy task) as a professional. over 400 amateur fights with 5 losses. never been down, never been ko'd. wins over dirrell, bute(ko), korobov and others as an amateur. power in both hands...great feet, excellent balance, fast hands, great reflexes...knows how not to get hit...his moves are very subtle and effortless...which reminds me of a young chavez...but he can also box beautifully. believe me when i tell u this kid is the full package. the fact that his favorite fighter is ray robinson speaks volumes to me. i've been waiting for his u.s. debut for years. i wasn't on this board back in '04...but i found out about him in '03...and i posted about him on another forum way back then. i knew about him and korobov. didn't learn about pirog until the danny jacobs fight. golovkin is the best of them. if given the chance....he's going to do great things.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Sep 4 2012, 11:22 AM) *
He showed a lot of talent in his performance Saturday. That rumor list is also very impressive. I'd be curious to see how he fairs against a top "defensive minded" fighter. With this past performance he's definitely on the map now. I'm going to hold my judgement until we see him in the ring against one of the top dogs. He looked very impressive though and you could tell as soon as the fight started that someone was going to get knocked out. He has quite the dome though, and with a head like that he may be knockout proof. lol.

funny u should mention that...i have this theory that all the greats have big ass bobble heads. he fits into that category.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Sep 4 2012, 11:24 AM) *
Is it just me or did Dzinziruk remind you of Don Flamingo?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

any of u see golovkin/bute? it's worth watching. also...check out golovkin/dirrell.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 5 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 04:15 PM) *
any of u see golovkin/bute? it's worth watching. also...check out golovkin/dirrell.

Had no idea this was Golovkin. I saw the video a couple of weeks before the Froch fight back in May. Damn! I swear Bute looks like one of those avatars that you create on the Wii gaming system.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 5 2012, 07:28 PM) *
Had no idea this was Golovkin. I saw the video a couple of weeks before the Froch fight back in May. Damn! I swear Bute looks like one of those avatars that you create on the Wii gaming system.

i remember watching this back in the day and being impressed with bute even though he got ktfo'd. he was a lot more aggressive as an amateur. getting knocked the fuck out changes everything. golovkin is a beast. this dude has a shit load of tricks and switches his style/strategy/stance effortlessly and is always aggressive. he catches an occasional shot...but that only seems to make him zero in on the target and become more aggressive. there's plenty of footage of him on youtube.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 5 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought Bute was getting the better of him. But I guess that doesn't matter when you get ktfo lol

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:51 PM