Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto vs Trout Dec. 1st
BigFightFan
post Sep 4 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

I LIke the fact that cotto chose to come back and fight a champion on his own terms. We need more guys to challenge these meaningless belt holders in their divisions. These guys like K9 get a little belt and think they deserve the world before proving much inside the ring.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 4 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 4 2012, 11:22 PM) *
I LIke the fact that cotto chose to come back and fight a champion on his own terms. We need more guys to challenge these meaningless belt holders in their divisions. These guys like K9 get a little belt and think they deserve the world before proving much inside the ring.

tbf the mans 39, and none of the top contenders will fight him. hes gotta cash out at sometime

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 4 2012, 06:22 PM) *

k9 seems to be the weakest link. i don't know why no one has gone after his belt sooner.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 4 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 12:09 AM) *
k9 seems to be the weakest link. i don't know why no one has gone after his belt sooner.

high risk/low reward. his brings dick all money really, and he has that KO power that could actually change the course of a fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 4 2012, 07:25 PM) *
high risk/low reward. his brings dick all money really, and he has that KO power that could actually change the course of a fight.

he does appear to be strong...but he's slow as shit and very predictable and he himself can be ktfo'd. sometimes u have to take calculated risks to move up. if ur a slick fighter with some pop...he's a no brainer imo.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 4 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 12:31 AM) *
he does appear to be strong...but he's slow as shit and very predictable and he himself can be ktfo'd. sometimes u have to take calculated risks to move up. if ur a slick fighter with some pop...he's a no brainer imo.

hes not hard to beat, corey was schooling him till he got put down.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Honestly I think zbik was more meaningful.. I mean peter is good but he came off a years layoff and no boxing he was working laying out ice on an ice rink.

I agree with the Zbik fight, the only reason why, is because it separated Julio and Sergio...one of them became champ after the fight, and the other didn't! Lol. Nah, it was something going on with Sergio and HBO at the time.

As for Manfredo, he just had a fight in Jan '11, and fought Julio in November of that year. He was relatively busy, having 2 fights in '09 and 3 in '10. They may not have been the most exciting, but he was a bit busy. His longest layoff had to be from his Jan '11 bout until the Chavez bout.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 4 2012, 06:49 PM) *
tbf the mans 39, and none of the top contenders will fight him. hes gotta cash out at sometime

He should take some of the blame for this. Obviously, he doesn't know the game very well. He won that damn IBF belt, and went insane with demands. He failed to realize that a NAME is what gets you big fights not a belt. He "sat out", called guys out, begged, and ended up getting another Spinks fight, which probably did nothing for his pockets.

He kept mentioning how old he was getting, but being old and staying active, beats the heck out of being old, getting older while waiting, and risk having ring rust which is harder to shake off at his age. If he waited all this time, and all he could manage to land was a Spinks rematch, then that says a lot, and not in a good way.

I want the man to have a money fight before he hangs em, but he must understand that he's on the B or C side of things in the division. A Cotto fight wouldn't have been bad for his pockets, but Im sure Miguel's would've taken a hit. This Trout fight ma do the same for Cotto's pockets in a way, but the location (MSG) may do him favors in regards to gate sales. Who knows...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 4 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Trout is 39? Wtf has he been doing lol.. idk trout is awkward with power but he did just drop his strongest link in Emmanuel. I think cotto could outbox him and push for a late ko/stoppage

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Gotta commend Cotto for taking a fight with another champion. He knows what he's doing, and it's an MSG, a building that's been good to him both in the ring and in terms of his pockets.

I see this fight being more competitive then some fans are giving it credit for but I do see Cotto wearing Trout down to his lack of a consistent offensive game. I've seen trout fight probably 3 or 4 times and his defense is solid, he could benefit from a more well rounded offensive game. I think Trout will have some moments in the earlier \rounds before Cotto begins to take over the fight

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 5 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i have no problems with this fight

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:02 PM