> Cotto vs Trout Dec. 1st
Cheesey1
post Sep 6 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Cheesey's a Trout fan. It's been confirmed a while ago! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

No doubt!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 6 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 03:48 PM) *

I understand what you're saying, but for me, Clottey did box in the Cotto bout. That's why I was so disappointed when he pulled that lame shit against Pacquaio. Until he disgraced himself against Pacquiao, Joshua Clottey was viewed by many (myself included) as a possible heir to Ike Quartey.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 6 2012, 01:02 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 6 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Man I don't know what some of y'all see in Trout, making him seem like he's somethin special. Slow, doesn't set up combinations, wide shots... Has a good jab, okay footwork and defense. His guard is open for a jab, but he does know how to counter it. He's a pure boxer, doesn't clinch as far as I can tell. I wonder how he deals with pressure, because Cotto can establish his jab and set up combinations on you, and can bully you. Given Trout's style its almost asking can he give a Mayweather type of performance? Easily doubtable. Cotto still looks pretty strong, unless the Mayweather fight really took something out of him.

You can't compare the Margarito fight because Margarito and Trout are nothing alike. I think Clottey is better than Trout, and they're also not the same fighters. I'm all for Trout proving me wrong as a rising star, but I got Cotto on this.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 6 2012, 02:28 PM) *
You can't compare the Margarito fight because Margarito and Trout are nothing alike.

You're right, I should've been more specific. I threw Margarito's name in there, in terms of his size and the pressure he brings in fights, not necessarily his skills.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 7 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 6 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Man I don't know what some of y'all see in Trout, making him seem like he's somethin special. Slow, doesn't set up combinations, wide shots... Has a good jab, okay footwork and defense. His guard is open for a jab, but he does know how to counter it. He's a pure boxer, doesn't clinch as far as I can tell. I wonder how he deals with pressure, because Cotto can establish his jab and set up combinations on you, and can bully you. Given Trout's style its almost asking can he give a Mayweather type of performance? Easily doubtable. Cotto still looks pretty strong, unless the Mayweather fight really took something out of him.

You can't compare the Margarito fight because Margarito and Trout are nothing alike. I think Clottey is better than Trout, and they're also not the same fighters. I'm all for Trout proving me wrong as a rising star, but I got Cotto on this.

I think that Trout's a top boxer, but you're right let's see what happens against Cotto. Re. Clottey, even though he's my countryman, I'd pick Trout if they ever fought.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 7 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #36

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 5 2012, 03:11 PM) *
Trout D12... Cotto has trouble with guys who will box him. See the Clottey and Mayweather fights.

I agree. I think Clottey put it on him and took his foot off the gas. I still think he won that fight though. Cotto hasn't faired too well vs boxers in recent history.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 7 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 7 2012, 01:28 PM) *
I agree. I think Clottey put it on him and took his foot off the gas. I still think he won that fight though. Cotto hasn't faired too well vs boxers in recent history.

outside of boxers named floyd...the only other boxer i ever saw him have problems with was corley and i thought he solved that puzzle before the premature stoppage.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Sep 7 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 03:06 PM) *
outside of boxers named floyd...the only other boxer i ever saw him have problems with was corley and i thought he solved that puzzle before the premature stoppage.

That stoppage was FISHY... Corley also looked Fishy refusing to go for the kill after having Cotto out on his feet...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 7 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 7 2012, 04:31 PM) *
That stoppage was FISHY... Corley also looked Fishy refusing to go for the kill after having Cotto out on his feet...

if by FISHY u mean SLIPPERY....and by SLIPPERY u mean hard to hit. i agree. cotto was hard to hit after corley staggered him. great survival instincts. u can't teach that. corley has never really been the type of guy to go for the kill. he's more of a out slick u/out point u type of fighter.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Sep 8 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 08:27 PM) *
if by FISHY u mean SLIPPERY....and by SLIPPERY u mean hard to hit. i agree. cotto was hard to hit after corley staggered him. great survival instincts. u can't teach that. corley has never really been the type of guy to go for the kill. he's more of a out slick u/out point u type of fighter.

Fishy was Corley sticking his tongue out and joking with people in the crowd for damned near ten seconds after having Cotto out..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:12 PM