IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Molina/Demarco & Ward/Dawson, SPOILERS-No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Other Cards
Cshel86
post Sep 9 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 9 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Did Diego have to cut weight in any different manner as he had been doing. If I recall he fought mayweather at 130 and that was the weight he had been fighting at comfortably. Mayweather simply was out of his league and mayweather beat the shit out of him. Of course facing the jail time he was about to endure was more of a factor than weight.

Relative to Ward Dawson... Mayweather SR was on point about Dawson... I thought dawson would win But I see Ward is a great all around fighter... definitely on par with Mayweather----

Diego's team requested the fight to be at 135, but Floyd's team wouldn't budge from 130. The same way Diego was going down easily in that fight, is the same way Chad was taking it yesterday.

Ward is a great fighter, not taking anything away from him, but the way Dawson was getting excessively handled, had a lot to do with the weight. He has NO legs at 68, period. I've seen Chad get hit by guys, and take it better than that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Sep 9 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #72

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I understand your logic, but Just as in the case of mayweather being too good for corrales Ward is simply too good for Dawson. Dawson wanted this fight and his team maintained 168 was a good weight for him

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 9 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Either way Pac fought Cotto at 145lb only 2lb while Ward fights Dawson at a full class beneath and not a word is said. End of the day it was the contracted weight for both so if you give one credit, give the other

This post has been edited by mgrover: Sep 9 2012, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 9 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

The same things I see in the decline of Shane Mosley are the same things I see in Chad Dawson and have seen for some time. I guess it took a prime guy to really expose these things. Chad and Andre both fought the same way they always fight. Chad is always very tentative. Andre is always looking for a way to hit and not get hit. Unlike his last few outings Chad had a really good prime guy in front of him that was willing to hit him. Chad hasnt seen that in a looong time. Pascal did it to him too. I dont see Chad having much success against the cream of the crop at lt heavy either. A this point, I think guys like Cloud would dust him. Chad's problem is that he either cant or doesnt like to pull the trigger. Sometimes, you have to just punch. He hasnt done that for years now.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Dammit man! I know Mrchitown is about to stake himself, having to listen to Nick Cannon live at the fight! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Master P's last 5 albums > Nick Cannon's introduction

master p had 5 albums!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) nick cannon was unbearable.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:56 PM) *
You cant tell me that the weight isn't an issue in this fight. Dawson is looking bad in there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

totally agree. his punch resistance was severely diminished.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Oh God, shut tha fuck Lampley! We know that he didn't want to continue, no need to rehash. I hope that Ward NEVER fight on these loathsome, fudge-packing, loudmouth, nuthugging, bastard's network again.

THIS was a gift from Ward to HBO, not the other way around. HBO...keep up the hope bitches. Yall know that yall wont get a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, so dont try to uplift other fighters to make up for it...bunch of ass clowns.

u know something...i was thinking about this when this fight was announced as an hbo fight. both guys have pretty much been showtime fighters. hbo didn't deserve this fight. i get that the fighters make more money there...but fuck hbo and their bullshit ass commentators.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

ward fought brilliantly. he took chads best weapon (his jab) away very early and forced him into exchanges and situations where he always got the better of dawson. he did things to constantly make him think and react so that dawson would always remain a step behind. even in close quarters, he'd push and pull and turn and bump and it seemed to frustrate dawson. nothing worked for him. when he started to land that counter hook on dawson...ward took it away. dawson would land good shots and get confident when ward would go to the ropes. virgil pointed out to ward...and he made the adjustment. he stuck to what worked and avoided what didn't. very smart fighter who can execute a game plan.

on the issue of weight...he seemed to be hurt by punches he would take in the past. knowing the ills of fighting at a weight class that requires u to drain/dehydrate to make weight....it was definitely an issue. this was a situation where someone on dawson's team should have spoke up and protected him from himself. he spoke so confidently prior to the fight and refused to use it as an excuse afterwards. i guess hindsight is 20/20 but i'm willing to bet he will not go back down to 168.

as for the diego corrales situation with floyd....i was told that diego had to withdraw blood from his own body to make weight...and they pumped it back into him after the weigh in. ppl do crazy shit and are advised by "experts" who don't know shit about boxing. if my memory serves me correctly, his s&c coach was alex ariza for that fight. virgil hunter called it...these guys are great at putting weight on...but taking it off is a different story.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 9 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 9 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Either way Pac fought Cotto at 145lb only 2lb while Ward fights Dawson at a full class beneath and not a word is said. End of the day it was the contracted weight for both so if you give one credit, give the other

Not sure about this but I heard a lot of rumors about rehydration clauses in that fight and the dlh fight. That would have been a huge factor going into fight night if the fighters had to maintain a certain weight and weren't allowed to rehydrate fully past a certain point.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Sep 9 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #80

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Hey y'all, just watched the fight from an unknown source. Was trying to find a non HBO link. Didn't want to hear the three stooges talk boxing.

Anyways, I expected Ward to win like most but not in that dominating fashion. At the same time, I didn't expect Dawson to look like he did in there. He fought like a dude who received a bad news. He didn't throw punches, his jab nullified, didn't use his bigger body to his advantage. It reminded me of the later stages of Mayweather vs Dela hoya. Ward fought smart, nullified everything Chad was good at.

BUT I'd have to say I agree with someone who said weight was a definite issue because it was in my eyes. Dawson seemed to be bothered by every clean punch Ward landed. Legs was almost like Bambi legged Khan when he was wobbled. Ward is not even a big puncher. Again basing it on the Dawson at light heavyweight, he looked very ordinary. Not to take away from Ward's performance though.

Hell Dawson made Froch look a lot better now losing to Ward. I know Dawson was the one who called out Ward. But this is like giving full credit to Pac beating Dela hoya which you truly cannot since of a weight issue.

With this victory, I don't really see a big must watch fight for Ward. He has beaten everyone in his weight class. A Ward vs Chavez might be nice or even a Ward vs Froch again for a unification bout but other than that who else do you see?

Why do boxers insist on moving down in weight for a fight? Haven't they learned from Roy Jones, Dela Hoya? now Dawson. Its to move UP! Cotto, Pacquiao, Mayweather and many other boxers who have the same common sense...

I hope Dawson can recover from this mental defeat. You challenged the dude, fought on his hometown, his weight class and you got beat. Almost like Bambi legged Khan don't you think?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:40 AM