IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Alvarez vs. Lopez-SPOILERS, Who's Up For A Maidana-Karass Rematch!!??
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #51

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

First off...Im laughing my ass off at all of these stupid tweets from Oscar. This motherfucker is asking, who should be Canelo's next opponent? Motherfucker, an able-bodied Jr. Middleweight would be a great way to start it off.

Im still not absolutely sold on this kid, if I'm even the least bit sold. He hasn't fought anybody that's even considered a formidable opponent. Lopez was too small and bloated, all in the same breath. I gave Shane a chance to wack him a couple of good times, but not go the full 12. We all know that Mosley is always shaky money.

Felt bad for Lopez in this one, seriously. Why in the f*ck have I been feeling bad for fighters lately? I have no idea, maybe because they've been catching raw deals. LOL. Dude got less than 10% of what Canelo was "given" in this fight.

For starters, Lopez upset Canelo's potential opponent (Ortiz), which added some steam to the promotion of this fight. I know one thing, Ortiz damn sure would've made more than a measly $200k that Lopez made. Shit, at least give the dude $500k and give Canelo $1.5M, rather than that $2M (plus the $100k KO bonus).

Lopez was the sacrificial lamb in this one...someone who should've been riding off of his Ortiz victory, rather than being a victim of GBP's next circus, starring the Notre Dame ass puppet.

They should be ashamed of themselves, A) For being loathsome sons of bitches, or underhanded opportunists at the very least (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) For once again giving this dude another guy that really didn't have a chance

How dare they make it seem as if Canelo's waiting for the Cott/Trout winner. I mean damn dude, show Cotto some fuckin' respect. Don't act like he's not your biggest payday at 154. Hopefully Miguel is a hard ass, and tells GBP to go fuck themselves. I know for a fact that GBP's gonna try to pull some shit with the purse split, and make it seem as it should be nearly even, man please.

If anything, Cotto should've been waiting for the winner of Canelo/Trout, not the other way around. I guess GBP was so bent on giving Canelo a PPV date, that it backfired, and they ended up with Lopez who only got about $200k. Couldn't Trout have made that same $200K???

Cotto trumped Canelo's "meaningful" opponent selection, by picking Trout. Hopefully he beats Trout, or else, it'll backfire on him. What is Canelo gonna do now, to get a Cotto shot...fight Trout after Miguel does? Stupid. They'll probably another dead body to dig up, Mayorga's name immediately scrolled through my head. Other than that, a Molina fight wont be bad, though he has a chance of making Canelo look like he's chasing a mouse in the dark.

Tired of Canelo Sweepstakes bullcrap. Lopez did what he could last night, he still caught a raw deal in the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 16 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Malinaggi is doing a very good job commentating these fights

He always does. He was on another channel a while ago (I forget which) and was on point then too.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Sep 16 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #53

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i agree with Malignaggi. he is surprisingly good.

i am so tired of golden boy and this canelo dude. i know its not his fault, he just follows orders but c'mon. how can you celebrate a victory like they are doing knowing that they dude you just ko'ed, two fights ago was a 140lber and 1 fight ago a 147lber? clean out the division if you that good.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:41 PM) *
He always does. He was on another channel a while ago (I forget which) and was on point then too.

He has a career after he decides to hang up his gloves, I know that much

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Regarding Canelo, I get the feeling that the diaper is still on the kid, De La Hoya is on twitter asking who should be Canelo's next opponent. Got to give him credit for winning but he beat a 140lber, and that 140lber was hitting him with some good shots. They celebrating like he just won the superbowl with Eli and the Giants

They know who they should put him in with, He's calling out Floyd and Cotto but he needs to beat someone legit before he gets those types of looks, but I think if Cotto beats Trout, he'll be facing Canelo next. I think Canelo is supposed to fight again on the 5th or sometime in December. wouldn't be surprised if he got another soft touch. Even though, I'd like to see what he could do with Lara or Molina or even Vanes. I really want to see him and Lara but GB aint gon pull the trigger on that fight

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Sep 16 2012, 10:15 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 16 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Ortiz jaw still looked messed up, smh

looking like kanye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 16 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 16 2012, 05:34 AM) *
In the Morel-Santa Cruz fight when they showed the judges they had scores on the screen pre-fight. I was like WTF? Is this tape-delayed? Turned out the graphic was wrong and I fast-forwarded, but on review that was also a very good fight. Lopez was destroyed by Alvarez!

Jack

PS. Who got the $100,000 KO of the night bonus?

i knew i wasn't imagining that!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 16 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

bigger guys knocking out little guys never impressed me. i was more impressed by maidanas ko and he should have gotten the bonus.

canelo needs to step it up next fight.

malignaggi was great behind the mic. they need to get rid of the mma guy and get gus johnson and tarver back.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 17 2012, 01:03 AM
Post #59

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I was thoroughly impressed with Maidana's efforts to become more of a boxer, rather than an out of slugger. He was still getting caught with left hands by Karass, but hell, that's a start, especially for a guy like Maidana who tends to get hit with everything in a guy's arsenal.

I like how he used his jab, and doubled up on it at times. I still saw shades of the old Marcos, especially when he landed big shots...he kinda went back to his old ways. Gladly, he took the right steps before he reverted back to what he knows (brawl).

I missed the Santa Cruz fight, but I heard it ended in a stoppage, so Im sure he threw a million punches while that fight lasted. As for Ponce De Leon, I'll have to catch his fight when I get home. I just know that they were at the point of making him an "opponent" before he saved his career Sat. night.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (flazi @ Sep 16 2012, 09:01 PM) *
i agree with Malignaggi. he is surprisingly good.

i am so tired of golden boy and this canelo dude. i know its not his fault, he just follows orders but c'mon. how can you celebrate a victory like they are doing knowing that they dude you just ko'ed, two fights ago was a 140lber and 1 fight ago a 147lber? clean out the division if you that good.

Just watched the card. The undercards were great, but the main event made me sick. I understand he has to follow his promoters wishes but if he put his foot down and said I want to fight some actual fighters that are my weight Oscar would have no choice. Honestly I hope Canelo gets his ass kicked by someone for bullying this little dude in the ring and acting like hes something special. And I hope its against another soft touch right before he's about to get a big name just to shit in his cornflakes.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:15 PM