IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chavez tests positive for chronic..., cshel...care to explain this???
checkleft
post Sep 20 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 20 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Anyone find it strange or funny that Arum was the first to report it. Something tells me, if Chavez won, or at least looked good, he wouldnt have said jack shit. I see this goin two ways. Arum runs Chavez Jr name thru the dirt and markets come new stud so he comes across as a good guy or he uses the weed as an excuse, then we all will be bombarded with a lengthy drug abuse back story on 24/7. Chavez will find some "mentor", he will rededicate himself to his faith, and itll be Arums opening to market some new and improved Julio.

Yea it is pretty funny.. sounds like he's trying to wipe his hands clean of this kid. Even more doubtful the rematch happens now
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 20 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #42

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2012, 09:15 AM) *
????

I think your credibility is going the way of the dodo bro

Dude, the guy ask me if I box or train fighters? Which I don't do neither. I said i have been to boxing gyms and worked out but never sparred.

Dude learn to read and learn to understand what you read before trying to clown, loser. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 20 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Lol! Glad you asked...I bought two $75 tickets (nosebleeds), because I thought my homeboy was coming, but things came up at the last minute, and I ended going alone.

Anyhow, I got to the Thomas & Mack Center, and asked the "ticket seller" outside of the venue, and asked if he could buy the ticket from me, since I couldn't get rid of it. He worked out a deal with me, so I traded both of my $75 tickets for a $200 ticket and a $20 sack.

I got inside, and found my way to the wrong seat. So I asked a rep to show me to my seat...juuuust for me to find a big ass Argentinian sitting in it. Comes to find out, he explained his size, being that he was too damn big to sit in those middle seats. So I sat in his original seat.

They were cool as hell though. I ended up sitting by this Mexican dude who looked like a mix of Canelo and Gomez, and boy...was his girlfriend hot as HELL!!! I guess I lucked up, but I sat waaaay closer than I expected.

fixed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

good story. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) sometimes u can come up last minute like that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 20 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 09:18 PM) *
It should rightfully be banned. Who in there right mind would want there fighters to be doped up potheads. It may not be performance enhancing but it sure can be performance hindering.
For someone who claims he has been training fighters for over 30 years I can't believe you don't have a problem with doped up potheads as boxers.a That makes me wonder about your claims because evey trainer I know wouldnt put of with there fighters being doped up. Im just saying give me the honest fighters who do it right and respect the sport.

i've been involved in the sport for well over 30...been training boxers for almost half that time.

listen....most fighters do not have squeaky clean backgrounds. u'd be surprised to know how many fighters who are at the top of the sport smoke weed. it's no secret that leonard and pernell whitaker were coke heads. far too many to name were functioning alcoholics and i can tell u stories about certain fighters getting drunk very close to fight time. these guys train to a peak and put their bodies through some rigorous training....so i get why some partake. i don't condone it....chavez did it...he put himself at a huge disadvantage. i'm not gonna sit here and crucify him for it...the commission and public will.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 20 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #45

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2012, 09:58 AM) *
i've been involved in the sport for well over 30...been training boxers for almost half that time.

listen....most fighters do not have squeaky clean backgrounds. u'd be surprised to know how many fighters who are at the top of the sport smoke weed. it's no secret that leonard and pernell whitaker were coke heads. far too many to name were functioning alcoholics and i can tell u stories about certain fighters getting drunk very close to fight time. these guys train to a peak and put their bodies through some rigorous training....so i get why some partake. i don't condone it....chavez did it...he put himself at a huge disadvantage. i'm not gonna sit here and crucify him for it...the commission and public will.

Im glad you don't condone it and you agree that Chavez put himself at a disadvantage by smoking weed then you understand what I'm saying. I understand lots of guys in there profession(whatever it is) smoke weed and many have there reasons. But me as a fan of boxing and a paying fan to lots of functions and events, I'd like to have the boxers respect it and their training and do it on the level. Like I said people have this performance enhancing kick amd want no part of it in boxing and i totally agree but in my mind weed has the opposite effect of performance enhancing and I'd like to protect fighters who are to stoned to understand that they are putting themselve at risk my partaking in weed while boxing. I know some fighters will do what they want but boxing is better off keeping weed banned.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 20 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 20 2012, 09:36 AM) *
So stating my opinion on this subject means I'm making waves? Lol. It's cool you don't have to agree with me but I know my opinion outnumbers your opinion EASILY amoung the boxing world and fans. I know my opinion may be outnumbered here fighthype, but oh well, because fighthype board members don't speak for the majority of boxing anyways.

I'll give you what ever I feel like giving you because you don't know shit, and when I said making waves I'm speaking of the way you conduct yourself on this forum and how you respond to people, I don't care about your cardio boxing classes you've took. Don't criticize unless your willing to put yourself thru those same conditions which your obviously not.

Easily? So your in tune with the whole world and all boxing fans? How did you do this, share your secret? And you don't speak to the majority of boxing either....like Professor said, it's many fighters and I know of many pro athletes in other sports who blaze up before they compete, so your fighting and uphill battle their sir. I admit that I wouldn't want my athlete high while competing but if their dumb enough to do that then you put yourself in that position

I don't smoke or drink so I don't have that problem, just because it did something to you doesn't mean it has the same effect on others and that's what you continually fail to realize. And I also don't know what you mean by wannabe, I started boxing at the age of 14 and I'm 30 now and I train 4 fighters currently all in the amateur ranks here in Chicago, so I know what it's like, I've been there done that myself mr mature. Are you against drugs in just boxing or all sports? To me your a hypocrite

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 20 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2012, 11:15 AM) *
????

I think your credibility is going the way of the dodo bro

He's a hypocrite, he comes on here and constantly contradicts himself. How are you mature and all that good stuff he talks and then he insults other posters on here?

He's a troll but at least he's entertaining half the time

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 20 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

where's that popcorn emoticon when u need it!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 20 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #49

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 20 2012, 12:19 PM) *
He's a hypocrite, he comes on here and constantly contradicts himself. How are you mature and all that good stuff he talks and then he insults other posters on here?

He's a troll but at least he's entertaining half the time

Lol, whom have I insulted and how have I contradicted myself? Lol, do yall know what a contradiction is? If you don't agree with me, you don't agree with me. No big deal. You guys can't handle people who don't agree with you. I stand and believe in what I say. My belief is if you are and claim to be a trainer or boxer on here, why would you condone it in boxing. If you don't condone it with the guys you say you train then why would you condone it for others? It's all good guys, you can call me troll no harm done to me. I guess calling someone a troll on here is another way of saying you don't agree with that person. Lol

It's been fun discussing this stuff. I look forward to the next time.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Sep 20 2012, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Sep 20 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #50

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

He was smoking weed to cover up other drugs he was taking, my opinion.
who the fuck can weigh gain 30lbs in less than 24 hours

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:44 AM