IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Does Maidana's New Style, Possibly Keep Khan Further Away?
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As we all saw Maidana fight from a new standpoint (using his jab constantly and moving his head), does that keep Khan any further from looking Maidana's way? Judging from his performance in the Alexander fight, which most thought he wouldn't make it in the WW division, people looked at him as a stepping stone for Khan at 147.

At this point, Madiana's new style (though it still a bit of polishing) would give Khan shit at the moment. He obviously still has some pop at 147, so how do you see this rematch going?

Thoughts?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Sep 27 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 10:17 AM) *
I agree. The Ortiz rematch doesn't sound bad either, but I think Victor will delay it, because Maidana showed that he still crack at 47, more so because he set up his shots and Karass is hittable...just as Ortiz is.

With that in mins, no need for Ortiz to put his jaw in harm's way this soon, and I honestly dont think he's interested in taking a fight any time soon because of the injury. Khan should look the other way. Now, had Marcos looked as bad in the Karass fight, as he did in the Alexander fight, then Im sure Khan would've jumped on that opportunity again at 47.

Moving up to the Eastside?! I LMAO at that! Lol

Maidana is getting better, too bad that he doesn't have the ring intelligence to chase down chickenshit fuckers of Khan's caliber. So, more than likely, we will see shades first fight in a few rounds, where Khan just pitty-pat punched and circled him. Imagine if Maidana had some of the same skills in the first fight. LOL

That's a great point about ortiz and his defence, which is validated through the fact that he is looking at mayweather sr for training. They are suppose to have a light workout and meeting this week. Oscar supposedly recommended him to victor

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 27 2012, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2012, 10:52 AM) *
That's a great point about ortiz and his defence, which is validated through the fact that he is looking at mayweather sr for training. They are suppose to have a light workout and meeting this week. Oscar supposedly recommended him to victor

that's a great move on his part. that chin is never going to be the same.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:06 PM