Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am I the Only One?
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Am I the only one tired of casual fans or "new" fans trying to pump up this Mayweather/Martinez fight? Fuck it, let it go, more than likely it wont happen. People are crying about Floyd moving up to 160 to fight Sergio, or Sergio coming down to 154...here's what will happen:

1. Floyd will possibly lose because of the weight (160) and other nuances that comes with it.
2. Sergio will come down to 154 and possibly hurt himself doing so (weight drained)
3. We've have a bunch of inbred trolls all over the net, arguing points #1 and #2

Dammit man, Sergio JUST fought 2 weeks ago, his knee or whatever the fuck it is, is jacked up, and his hand looks like shit. I haven't been reading around, but I've been hearing about him calling out Floyd. Not sure if these new bed-wetters out here are digging up old interviews of Sergio begging, or Sergio really wants another payday, regardless of his injuries.

Who in hell knows what Floyd is thinking about at the moment, either he's not thinking about boxing, or he's waiting for somebody to put on a big performance, to announce a comeback. Typical Floyd. Anyhow, Im tired of this retarded stuff, Floyd has only been out of jail for a little over a month, and Sergio is only 2 weeks removed from a fight that taxed his body in ways that he may not have wanted.

Maybe I'm just pissed up and tired of reading BS. Lol

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Oct 31 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

What do you feel is brewing, in regards to the megafight?

Well there are a number of reasons but here are some:
#1 I have a friend that used to hang with Manny before every fight for the last few years. He said while Manny is really taking religious seriously, he also thinks this newfound change in lifestyle is stemming from his frustrations with Bob Arum. He says that Manny thinks his only way to effectively stick it to Bob is to set himself up for retirement and completely disappear into a life of politics. Don't entertain a return. Don't do any press or create any buzz. Just go to the Phillipines and continue his political ventures. My friend is Filipino btw. He says that there were discussions about how promoters pray on foreign fighters from 3rd world countries because they are easy to manipulate because they have nothing. He says that Manny thought for years he was exempt and Bob loved him as a son but he's finally realizing that he's been a puppet. My friend also says that Manny's investment in politics is very real and isn't anything thing done for publicity. He says the state of his people is very depressing to him and he feels people see him as hope. Consequently, he thinks Manny is somewhat embarassed that people are beginning to notice Arum dicking him around. Now this is all opinion. But it's opinion of someone who has been around Manny...although for a few days at a time.

#2 I think Manny once truly believe Floyd was ducking him but now I think he himself thinks realizes this fight had nothing to do with him or Floyd. I think, despite his rhetoric, he realizes that Arum was the main blockade in all of this.

#3 I think both guys want to cash in before either gets beat legitimately. Whether you agreed with the Bradley decision or not, in retrospect, it did take some of the luster off of Manny. What's NOT disputable, unless your working for HBO, is that this what the 3rd fight in which Manny looked ordinary. Furthermore, there was no excuse for him to look how he did vs Bradley. Mosley was old and simply trying to survive to save face for his legacy. Marquez has Manny's number and familiarity with him. He also has more drive to beat Manny than any other fighter. They'll probably have the same result eery time they fight. Bradley however was a game young fighter who just wanted to beat Manny so he could cash out. Sure he fought defensively and I do believe Manny beat him, but Manny had ample opportunity to show the magic everybody raved about but he simply couldnt do it. Why? Because he lacks the boxing IQ and refined boxing principles necessary. He does not know how to cut off a ring properly and his footwork is way overrated. End of the day, fuck the decision. The only conclusion I drew from that fight is that Manny proved their is a huge difference between footspeed and footwork.

#4 I think Floyd knows, while he's getting older and may not have much time left in the sport, Manny is aging even faster than he is. I think Floyd wants to be the one to MAKE Manny old in the ring just liek he did Shane. The one major "blemish" in the eyes of the casual fan on Floyd's legacy is him not fighting Manny. It won't be erased if the fight ends up looking like Hopkins vs Jones 2...where one guy is CLEARLY past him prime and the other still has something to offer to the sport.

As for Floyd's money....None of us really know. But I will say, the uncommon denominator between the 3 mentioned and Floyd is that they had promoters and a lot of middle men!

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 31 2012, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2012, 11:33 AM) *
Well there are a number of reasons but here are some:
#1 I have a friend that used to hang with Manny before every fight for the last few years. He said while Manny is really taking religious seriously, he also thinks this newfound change in lifestyle is stemming from his frustrations with Bob Arum. He says that Manny thinks his only way to effectively stick it to Bob is to set himself up for retirement and completely disappear into a life of politics. Don't entertain a return. Don't do any press or create any buzz. Just go to the Phillipines and continue his political ventures. My friend is Filipino btw. He says that there were discussions about how promoters pray on foreign fighters from 3rd world countries because they are easy to manipulate because they have nothing. He says that Manny thought for years he was exempt and Bob loved him as a son but he's finally realizing that he's been a puppet. My friend also says that Manny's investment in politics is very real and isn't anything thing done for publicity. He says the state of his people is very depressing to him and he feels people see him as hope. Consequently, he thinks Manny is somewhat embarassed that people are beginning to notice Arum dicking him around. Now this is all opinion. But it's opinion of someone who has been around Manny...although for a few days at a time.

#2 I think Manny once truly believe Floyd was ducking him but now I think he himself thinks realizes this fight had nothing to do with him or Floyd. I think, despite his rhetoric, he realizes that Arum was the main blockade in all of this.

#3 I think both guys want to cash in before either gets beat legitimately. Whether you agreed with the Bradley decision or not, in retrospect, it did take some of the luster off of Manny. What's NOT disputable, unless your working for HBO, is that this what the 3rd fight in which Manny looked ordinary. Furthermore, there was no excuse for him to look how he did vs Bradley. Mosley was old and simply trying to survive to save face for his legacy. Marquez has Manny's number and familiarity with him. He also has more drive to beat Manny than any other fighter. They'll probably have the same result eery time they fight. Bradley however was a game young fighter who just wanted to beat Manny so he could cash out. Sure he fought defensively and I do believe Manny beat him, but Manny had ample opportunity to show the magic everybody raved about but he simply couldnt do it. Why? Because he lacks the boxing IQ and refined boxing principles necessary. He does not know how to cut off a ring properly and his footwork is way overrated. End of the day, fuck the decision. The only conclusion I drew from that fight is that Manny proved their is a huge difference between footspeed and footwork.

#4 I think Floyd knows, while he's getting older and may not have much time left in the sport, Manny is aging even faster than he is. I think Floyd wants to be the one to MAKE Manny old in the ring just liek he did Shane. The one major "blemish" in the eyes of the casual fan on Floyd's legacy is him not fighting Manny. It won't be erased if the fight ends up looking like Hopkins vs Jones 2...where one guy is CLEARLY past him prime and the other still has something to offer to the sport.

As for Floyd's money....None of us really know. But I will say, the uncommon denominator between the 3 mentioned and Floyd is that they had promoters and a lot of middle men!

Good shit!

1. Hmm...your friend must already have some excerpts from Manny's tell-all book...that shit sounded deep and personal. Lol. I believe his political run is serious as well, I just wish I could take him seriously in that field. Him getting jerked around by Arum, gives me no faith in his political run. Boxing is a brutal and cutthroat sport/business, but politics are another beast in those regards.

I thinks Manny notices Bob's antics now (as you mentioned), hence why it took him so long to make a decision (as if he had a choice to begin with). Dude's motivation is shot, and I believe a megafight would revive him a bit, but who knows. I have reason to believe that all of Manny's endorsements and such, are tied up with Arum....just my opinion.

2. I agree.

3. As they should cash in before they get legitimately beat, who wouldn't? Good call. The boring Mosley fight raised more questions, than providing answers. That's when I peeped how hard of a time Manny had with cutting off the ring. The shitty footwork manifested in that fight. Manny's an in-and-out type of fighter, but he was clearly reaching in that fight, to close the distance on Shane.

The Bradley fight was in the works, about a year before it even took place. Bradley was already promised that fight and received his "highest payday" for the Casamayor fight, which was something to the tune of $1.2M. Sadly, it wasn't his highest payday, because half of that was his signing bonus, which he agreed to not take upfront. Guess who paid most of Bradley's purse for the Casamayor bout? Yep, you got it...Mr. Pacquiao. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

As for the fight, the decision was made before the first bell rang. Manny took Tim lightly, by only fighting for 60 seconds every round, while Bradley was able to do some "silent work" that was never called during the fight. No way in hell Manny was supposed to win that fight. When you hear 115 -113 in a fight like that, just expect some fuckery to follow.

Now that Arum had already heard the Mayweather/Cotto numbers and Floyd's purse, there's no way he was going to allow Manny to get the decision in the Bradley fight. Why? Had he won, Manny would've asked for more money in his next fight, since Floyd made that crazy amount just a month before.

So, he made it out for Manny to lose to a less marketable fighter, which in turn, would lower his guaranteed purse for his next fight. How could he pay Manny upwards of $25M, for a Bradley rematch in Nov. or any other less marketable opponent? Impossible. With that in mind, he pulled JMM back in the picture, so that he (Arum) could pull in some decent numbers, and tell Manny, "Hey, ya just lost your last fight, and there's not enough money out there to pay you THAT much. Here's a Marquez rematch".

4. Couldn't agree more. If anything, Floyd would look to be the more reserved fighter of the two, if the fight was ever made. Manny has been fighting consistently, and Floyd has been somewhat inactive. Now that I think about it, both situations can and will hurt both of them.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 5 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2012, 12:49 PM) *
Good shit!

1. Hmm...your friend must already have some excerpts from Manny's tell-all book...that shit sounded deep and personal. Lol. I believe his political run is serious as well, I just wish I could take him seriously in that field. Him getting jerked around by Arum, gives me no faith in his political run. Boxing is a brutal and cutthroat sport/business, but politics are another beast in those regards.

I thinks Manny notices Bob's antics now (as you mentioned), hence why it took him so long to make a decision (as if he had a choice to begin with). Dude's motivation is shot, and I believe a megafight would revive him a bit, but who knows. I have reason to believe that all of Manny's endorsements and such, are tied up with Arum....just my opinion.

My friend is cousins with one of Manny's legal advisors if I'm not mistaken. He was actually licking his chops for Konz to get the boot so he can be Manny's lead lawyer. It's deeper than that but that would take me a while to explain. Long story short, Manny and his friends thought Konz would be the key to him exposing Bob Arum. At one point he was. Then mysteriously, Konz became a huge Arum puppet. But to your other comment, while he isn't liek "best friends" with Manny, he does hang with Manny before and after fights. The whole ordeal about him changing his life around was partially true also. It was the 1st fight in a while my friend didnt chill with Manny. He said he wasn't even mad and didn't really want to go. Manny was starting to accumulate too many leeches to the point where my boy didn't want to feel liek one of them. He said Manny is still hasn't completely grasped that he's not a poor Filipino kid anymore. He also told me that there was a bar fight after the last Marquez fight that almost got ugly but got handled before Manny could jump in lmao.

From the outside looking in, Many and Bob's relationship eerily reminds me of Louis Resto and Panama Lewis or Mike Tyson and Don King. Instead of playing the boss role, they yank these guys out of poverty and assume a paternal position. Therefore, as you would with a parent who provided for you, you feel no matter what you are in debt to them because they pretty much "made" you. I'm not sure if you saw the documentary with Resto and Lewis but Resto had so much anger and knew exactly what he wanted to say...but Lewis calling him "son" all the time humbled him beyond control.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cshel86   Am I the Only One?   Sep 28 2012, 10:53 PM
- - checkleft   Martinez did call out Floyd. There's a vid on ...   Sep 29 2012, 12:18 AM
- - MaxPayne   I don't mind the fight. Sergio's put on so...   Sep 29 2012, 04:51 AM
- - mgrover   I think to beat Floyd all you do is take a knee, h...   Sep 29 2012, 05:41 AM
- - leonthegee   Martinez' best attribute is his movement. Serg...   Sep 29 2012, 07:35 AM
- - Cshel86   Good points guys! I dont mind the fight eith...   Sep 29 2012, 12:32 PM
- - Jovi   I wanna see the fight but i dont think mayweather ...   Sep 29 2012, 12:53 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 29 2012, 07:35 AM...   Sep 29 2012, 01:42 PM
- - BoxingStill#1   People need to flush a serg/floyed fight down the ...   Sep 29 2012, 01:50 PM
- - checkleft   Idk why people are surprised sergio went down. It...   Sep 29 2012, 03:14 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 29 2012, 02:50...   Sep 29 2012, 03:35 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 03:35 PM) I...   Sep 29 2012, 04:21 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 05:21 PM)...   Sep 29 2012, 06:08 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 06:08 PM) A...   Sep 29 2012, 06:15 PM
- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 28 2012, 08:53 PM) A...   Oct 3 2012, 02:50 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 03:50 PM...   Oct 3 2012, 06:37 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 04:37 PM) It...   Oct 3 2012, 07:12 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 08:12 PM...   Oct 3 2012, 07:32 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 05:32 PM) Yo...   Oct 3 2012, 08:01 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 09:01 PM...   Oct 3 2012, 08:19 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 06:19 PM) Yo...   Oct 4 2012, 09:24 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 4 2012, 10:24 AM...   Oct 4 2012, 10:22 AM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 4 2012, 08:22 AM) Wh...   Oct 4 2012, 11:24 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 4 2012, 12:24 PM...   Oct 4 2012, 11:59 AM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 4 2012, 09:59 AM) ...   Oct 4 2012, 12:36 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 4 2012, 01:36 PM...   Oct 4 2012, 12:57 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 4 2012, 10:57 AM) Ju...   Oct 4 2012, 01:27 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 4 2012, 02:27 PM...   Oct 4 2012, 01:36 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 02:50 PM...   Oct 3 2012, 03:36 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 01:36 PM) ...   Oct 3 2012, 04:03 PM
- - daprofessor   i don't think floyd fighting martinez is unrea...   Oct 3 2012, 03:56 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 05:03 PM...   Oct 3 2012, 05:29 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 03:29 PM) ...   Oct 3 2012, 06:12 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 03:29 PM) ...   Oct 3 2012, 06:47 PM
- - daprofessor   RE: Am I the Only One?   Oct 3 2012, 07:34 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 08:34 PM...   Oct 4 2012, 12:34 PM
- - daprofessor   RE: Am I the Only One?   Oct 3 2012, 08:10 PM
- - daprofessor   RE: Am I the Only One?   Oct 4 2012, 01:33 PM
|- - boxingloner   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 4 2012, 11:33 AM...   Oct 4 2012, 05:20 PM
- - daprofessor   RE: Am I the Only One?   Oct 4 2012, 05:46 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 4 2012, 05:20 PM...   Oct 4 2012, 06:19 PM
- - Archimedes   Martinez is a "White Elephant" of sorts ...   Oct 4 2012, 11:21 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (Archimedes @ Oct 5 2012, 05:21 AM)...   Oct 5 2012, 04:13 AM
|- - Archimedes   QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 5 2012, 02:13 AM) no...   Oct 5 2012, 07:31 AM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (Archimedes @ Oct 5 2012, 01:31 PM)...   Oct 9 2012, 04:41 AM
- - Cshel86   Where's ButtLoner?   Oct 8 2012, 06:54 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 5 2012, 05:13 AM) no...   Oct 8 2012, 07:18 PM
|- - mgrover   QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2012, 01:18 AM) ...   Oct 9 2012, 04:30 AM
- - sduck   Why isnt boxingloner banned yet? He obviously does...   Oct 8 2012, 09:02 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 8 2012, 10:02 PM) Why ...   Oct 9 2012, 11:25 AM
|- - sduck   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2012, 12:25 PM) Ha...   Oct 9 2012, 04:05 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 9 2012, 05:05 PM) I do...   Oct 9 2012, 07:18 PM
- - Franchize   Yea but when Floyd WASN'T a prick and he WASN...   Oct 9 2012, 10:30 AM
- - Cshel86   Am I the only one, that's so over Mayweather a...   Oct 30 2012, 07:30 AM
|- - Franchize   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2012, 08:30 AM) A...   Oct 30 2012, 01:37 PM
- - The Original MrFactor   I'm no boxing newbie. I'd like to see Matn...   Oct 30 2012, 04:01 PM
|- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 30 2012, 0...   Oct 31 2012, 01:58 PM
- - neophyte7   floyd is the highest paid athlete in pro sports......   Oct 30 2012, 04:32 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 30 2012, 02:37 PM)...   Oct 30 2012, 07:41 PM
- - daprofessor   i remember thinking....mike tyson....holyfield.......   Oct 30 2012, 08:30 PM
- - Franchize   QUOTE What do you feel is brewing, in regards to t...   Oct 31 2012, 10:33 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2012, 11:33 AM)...   Oct 31 2012, 11:49 AM
||- - Franchize   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2012, 12:49 PM) G...   Nov 5 2012, 03:35 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2012, 10:33 AM)...   Oct 31 2012, 01:23 PM
- - neophyte7   The motherfucking subject was not " END UP BR...   Oct 31 2012, 10:40 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 31 2012, 11:40 AM)...   Oct 31 2012, 12:03 PM
- - neophyte7   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2012, 12:03 PM) T...   Nov 5 2012, 12:36 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 5 2012, 12:36 PM) ...   Nov 5 2012, 01:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:17 AM