Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I the Only One?
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Am I the only one tired of casual fans or "new" fans trying to pump up this Mayweather/Martinez fight? Fuck it, let it go, more than likely it wont happen. People are crying about Floyd moving up to 160 to fight Sergio, or Sergio coming down to 154...here's what will happen:

1. Floyd will possibly lose because of the weight (160) and other nuances that comes with it.
2. Sergio will come down to 154 and possibly hurt himself doing so (weight drained)
3. We've have a bunch of inbred trolls all over the net, arguing points #1 and #2

Dammit man, Sergio JUST fought 2 weeks ago, his knee or whatever the fuck it is, is jacked up, and his hand looks like shit. I haven't been reading around, but I've been hearing about him calling out Floyd. Not sure if these new bed-wetters out here are digging up old interviews of Sergio begging, or Sergio really wants another payday, regardless of his injuries.

Who in hell knows what Floyd is thinking about at the moment, either he's not thinking about boxing, or he's waiting for somebody to put on a big performance, to announce a comeback. Typical Floyd. Anyhow, Im tired of this retarded stuff, Floyd has only been out of jail for a little over a month, and Sergio is only 2 weeks removed from a fight that taxed his body in ways that he may not have wanted.

Maybe I'm just pissed up and tired of reading BS. Lol

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 29 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Martinez did call out Floyd. There's a vid on the web thac came out today saying hw would break his bones just like he did to chavez so that he better look out cause he's gonna come looking for him in 2013.

There's also a interview that just came out with cotto in which he said he will sit down with Martinez after he handles business with trout.

I know what you mean tho Martinez is 38. Going up and down in weight is what ruined Roy Jones. Mayweather doesn't even think about boxing these days, there's a vid of him making it rain with ray j at a strip club.

A lot of these new fans can he kind of annoying

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Sep 29 2012, 04:51 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I don't mind the fight. Sergio's put on some great performances over the past few years and deserves a multi-million dollar payday.

In terms of the fight, well, I remember Floyd saying something to the effect that he didn't think Sergio could hit him with "all them wild shots".

Although Martinez is a more accurate puncher than he's given credit for, there is some truth to that. Hitting Floyd cleanly is very, very difficult. The only real way to do it is to simply punch with him and hope to land something big. You need to find a way to draw him out and try and to time him while he's transitioning from defense to offense.

I believe this fight comes down to footwork. Martinez does really well against stationary targets, but if Floyd is able to move with him, well, it might be a long night for Maravilla.

Also Shels, the noob fans can be fucking irritating. I guess it's the price to pay for people possibly becoming fans of the sport and helping by putting money into it. Deals with Devil always suck like that I guess.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 29 2012, 05:41 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I think to beat Floyd all you do is take a knee, he'll come trying to finish it, obviously you wont be hurt, if Mosley rocked him am sure Martinez can. Otherwise its a long hard match

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 29 2012, 07:35 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Martinez' best attribute is his movement. Serg can exploit those advantages at 160 because hes the better athlete. But at 154 he gets destroyed by most of the top fighters. Serg doesnt have a jab, wont go to the body, and has no right hand. Serg spent most of his carreer at 154 and was considered average. And thats against a weaker 154 at that time. Cintron gave him all he could handle, although I believe he was robbed. At 38 if Serg cant get Cotto, Canelo, or Floyd dont waist your time killing your body.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Good points guys!

I dont mind the fight either, but the possibility of it happening seems to be getting slimmer. I say that because of the timing, the weight, and most of all, and uncertainty of Floyd's situation.

For somebody (Sergio) to sustain two injuries under two weeks ago, and will possibly have to deal with the effects of draining himself (possibly), he's sure rushing into this. As we all know, all fighters want those big paydays.

Just want to see Sergio healthy, if this one happens to go down. No need to rob us of a decent performance, just because you want to get paid. Again, it's a bit reminiscent of the recent Dawson/Ward bout. As somebody mentioned in this thread, RJJ served himself up a good serving of "oh shit", when he started going up and down in weight.

Im sure guy will say that Sergio comes in under 160 for his fights, but he's been fighting at MW for 3 years now. I'm guessing that those are the cats who just really want to see a fight, and probably heard somebody else say the same stuff.

Oh yeah, Im just tired of people giving Floyd "W's" for fights that he hasn't or probably wont take. SOme take the politically correct approach and say the Sergio will "give him fits". Again, half of those guys heard that from somebody else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Sep 29 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I wanna see the fight but i dont think mayweather does.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 29 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 29 2012, 07:35 AM) *
Martinez' best attribute is his movement. Serg can exploit those advantages at 160 because hes the better athlete. But at 154 he gets destroyed by most of the top fighters. Serg doesnt have a jab, wont go to the body, and has no right hand. Serg spent most of his carreer at 154 and was considered average. And thats against a weaker 154 at that time. Cintron gave him all he could handle, although I believe he was robbed. At 38 if Serg cant get Cotto, Canelo, or Floyd dont waist your time killing your body.

I don't know about that. I think cotto gives him problems but eventually gets stopped, but mayweather is his biggest problem at 154 I don't think anyone else can handle his speed or power.

At 160 I think golovkin (barring a set back) would give Martinez a run for his money but its yet to be seen if he can take the type of power Martinez packs.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Sep 29 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

People need to flush a serg/floyed fight down the commode next time they take a dump!

Floyed isnt thinking about serg anymore than he's thinking of ward.

But if the fight were ever to be in any ranks, it would be at 154 not a pound over.

Martinez needs to accept the fact that he is the bigger man, I respect him as an athlete, but he keeps wishing these big paydays with Pac and Floyed.

I believe Cotto shouldnt fight him either for all the same reasons Floyed wont. Im not trynna knock poor Martinez from a payday. But I just believe he needs to make himself the man to beat.. well, to me, with that near knockout towards the end with Chavez, he isnt.

Heres a couple things I learned from Martinez his last outting

He's hittable
He HATES the ropes and can get pummeled on them
His chin has been checked and may be in question against someone who is more active and just as tough.
He has biiig heart

Its a sad thing but the guy is stuck in a division that isnt doing much right now as far as names go, BUT I i think he should continue his dominance and keep it moving where he is at..

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 29 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Idk why people are surprised sergio went down. It's been a fact that his chin is susceptible... But then again he has only gone down against punchers ie Paul Williams Kelly Pavlic Chavez Jr Margarito. I don't really count the Macklin one because I thought that was a slip

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:48 PM