IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT)-Rodriguez-Escalera/Devalle-Darchinyan-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoiler Topics, or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Oct 2 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 2 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Yep. No way in hell, an up and coming, undefeated, promising, prospect in Del Valle, should've been in there with a badass in Darchinyan, who had absolutely nothing to lose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

to the kids credit...he never stopped trying. he just needs to go back to school and learn a bunch. i'm sure he'll take some lessons from that ass whoopin darchinyan put on him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 3 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 1 2012, 09:52 PM) *
You really need to catch the first fight...by far the best on the card! And Del Valle...I wasn't impressed with him at all...I had faith in him, but wasn't impressed the least bit.

He played right into Vic's plan, and if I wasn't mistaken, he was waaaay too square, too often, throughout that fight. All of that dipping head first, verified those left hands served by Darchinyan...just nasty, he couldn't miss.

As for the main event, or the "pain event"...it hurt to watch. The grocery store cat was too prideful to take a knee, and clinch half the time. He just leaned on the ropes, ate punches, and attempted to roll the ones that he was actually getting hit with...regardless of whether or not he thought he was really rolling them. He'll definitely be bagging groceries if he keeps that up. Lol

PS: I had no idea how shitfaced I was, until I read some of my post towards the end of this thread. As I read on and on, I just felt myself drift away from reality, and the Dan Rafael post just hammered it. What a skid mark I am to society (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) True gentleman....

Ha! 'Skid mark..to society' Those Dan Rafael comments were more in line with being a benefit to society.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 3 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #53

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 08:50 PM) *
to the kids credit...he never stopped trying. he just needs to go back to school and learn a bunch. i'm sure he'll take some lessons from that ass whoopin darchinyan put on him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You're right, he never stopped trying. I didn't want to see him get mopped, but I sure wouldn't have minded if he quit. I know that sounds bad, but from the couch, it seems like everything that he tried, failed. Either that, or he just ran out of stuff to try.

Darchinyan is awkward though, so as you mentioned, I commend Del Valle on sticking it out til the final bell. Even if he beat Vic, too much was put out there, for his future opponents to take advantage of. It reminded me of Carlos Molina pushing Kirkland from pillar to post in their fight.

Even if James would've KO'd him the championship rounds, he still left himself in a vulnerable spot after being exposed by Molina's style.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 3 2012, 10:14 AM) *
Ha! 'Skid mark..to society' Those Dan Rafael comments were more in line with being a benefit to society.

Yeah, I was a mess. I even responded to one of his dumb tweets about the first round of the Escalera bout. He said that the first round was a 10-8 round, even though there wasn't a knockdown. I simply replied, "No it wasn't". As smashed as I was, that was a pretty nice comment coming from me.

Dude is still a douche though, and he rarely shows enthusiasm for his oh-so mediocre job (which he has a huge impact on). He should just shed some pounds, maybe he will be a bit more confident. It's something about big people losing large sums of lbs, that actually makes them seem alive and happy.

At the moment, he just looks fresh off the couch, from a 3-day binge of fat snacks and watching a barrage of sci-fi flicks (nothing wrong with sci-fi by the way, lol). I saw him and strongfaced Steve Kim on The Fight Game not too long ago...I just thought, "Fuck, we gotta get Ben on TV quick...these dudes have no pulse".

Fat Dan had the oversized-blazer on, and rocked the grandma shoulder pads with no shame. Steve Kim was just...well, Steve Kim was just being Steve Kim. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though, it's just Fat Dan sucking the life out of the sport with his constant criticism and lack of enthusiasm. He has a good point, every blue moon.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 11:57 AM) *
You're right, he never stopped trying. I didn't want to see him get mopped, but I sure wouldn't have minded if he quit. I know that sounds bad, but from the couch, it seems like everything that he tried, failed. Either that, or he just ran out of stuff to try.

Darchinyan is awkward though, so as you mentioned, I commend Del Valle on sticking it out til the final bell. Even if he beat Vic, too much was put out there, for his future opponents to take advantage of. It reminded me of Carlos Molina pushing Kirkland from pillar to post in their fight.

Even if James would've KO'd him the championship rounds, he still left himself in a vulnerable spot after being exposed by Molina's style.

Yeah, I was a mess. I even responded to one of his dumb tweets about the first round of the Escalera bout. He said that the first round was a 10-8 round, even though there wasn't a knockdown. I simply replied, "No it wasn't". As smashed as I was, that was a pretty nice comment coming from me.

Dude is still a douche though, and he rarely shows enthusiasm for his oh-so mediocre job (which he has a huge impact on). He should just shed some pounds, maybe he will be a bit more confident. It's something about big people losing large sums of lbs, that actually makes them seem alive and happy.

At the moment, he just looks fresh off the couch, from a 3-day binge of fat snacks and watching a barrage of sci-fi flicks (nothing wrong with sci-fi by the way, lol). I saw him and strongfaced Steve Kim on The Fight Game not too long ago...I just thought, "Fuck, we gotta get Ben on TV quick...these dudes have no pulse".

Fat Dan had the oversized-blazer on, and rocked the grandma shoulder pads with no shame. Steve Kim was just...well, Steve Kim was just being Steve Kim. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though, it's just Fat Dan sucking the life out of the sport with his constant criticism and lack of enthusiasm. He has a good point, every blue moon.

i knew it would only be a matter of time before jim "bang-bang-bang!" lampley would have them on his show. glad i missed that one. steve kims voice is annoying and none of them (lamps, kim, rafael) know shit about boxing.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:17 AM