> Mayweather/Bradley
bnoles4life
post Oct 1 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Arum is probably saving Bradley for one of pacs last fights. And if rios looks good in his next fight I'm sure he will be in the running for a pac fight.

BINGO!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 1 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 30 2012, 10:18 AM) *
This fight won't be made... ever.

this...plus the pac fight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 2 2012, 04:10 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2012, 08:25 AM) *
Mayweather goes at guys with zero power... 9 rounds and Bradley is out of there... Bradley has well rounded skills but no power. A good business fight and Floyd again dishes out more punishment than he takes... he would suffer minimal damage in hacking up Bradley and make big bucks

By now we ought to recognize that comment in bold as a farce!! Floyd has really decent power, it is enough to keep iron-chinned guys like Mosley honest, Cotto honest and many others. I'm not sure where comments like these originate from but just ask Vic Ortiz if he can punch, there is a reason why fighters who have faced him got out of the fire when the heat got hot- Hatton tried to get away but couldn't, how many guys including the so called "harder punching" Kostya who hit Ricky with everything but the kitchen sink has KO'd Ricky Hatton hitting him in the face?

Bradley is the best fight for Floyd right now because Martinez is only doing what Pac is doing by repeating Mayweather's name over and over and that is to just stay relevant in boxing. If Martinez really wants to prove how much a bad azz he really is then why doesn't he move for a CW fight with Ward at 165 instead of asking for a CW fight with the smaller Floyd and Pac??

Pac was too scared to prove he could beat Bradley and took the easier fight with JMM for a way out and a little more money and there isn't anyone else out there that people consider a threat to Floyd other than Pac and Bradley, so why not fight him-after all he is the Champ who beat Pac fair and square in the judges eyes even though many blinded people don't agree.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Oct 2 2012, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 2 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 10:10 PM) *
By now we ought to recognize that comment in bold as a farce!! Floyd has really decent power, it is enough to keep iron-chinned guys like Mosley honest, Cotto honest and many others. I'm not sure where comments like these originate from but just ask Vic Ortiz if he can punch, there is a reason why fighters who have faced him got out of the fire when the heat got hot- Hatton tried to get away but couldn't, how many guys including the so called "harder punching" Kostya who hit Ricky with everything but the kitchen sink has KO'd Ricky Hatton hitting him in the face?

Bradley is the best fight for Floyd right now because Martinez is only doing what Pac is doing by repeating Mayweather's name over and over and that is to just stay relevant in boxing. If Martinez really wants to prove how much a bad azz he really is then why doesn't he move for a CW fight with Ward at 165 instead of asking for a CW fight with the smaller Floyd and Pac??

Pac was too scared to prove he could beat Bradley and took the easier fight with JMM for a way out and a little more money and there isn't anyone else out there that people consider a threat to Floyd other than Pac and Bradley, so why not fight him-after all he is the Champ who beat Pac fair and square in the judges eyes even though many blinded people don't agree.

mehhh i think its the fact that hatton ran into the pole had more to do with it

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 2 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 2 2012, 04:12 PM) *
mehhh i think its the fact that hatton ran into the pole had more to do with it

You're entitled to your opinion but if you look at the replay you can clearly see he was already out on his feet which is why he lost control of his faculties and his feet were up off the ground sending him straight into the Ringpost. I believe the secondary impact (hitting that pole) actually woke him up.

AT 2:01 mark watch as Hatton's arms go limp from Floyd's punch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM...feature=related Just like in the UFC when a fighter goes limp getting grounded and pounded he is out and the Ref usually stops the fight. Clearly Hatton was out on his feet and the ringpost woke him up.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 2 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 10:30 PM) *
You're entitled to your opinion but if you look at the replay you can clearly see he was already out on his feet which is why he lost control of his faculties and his feet were up off the ground sending him straight into the Ringpost. I believe the secondary impact (hitting that pole) actually woke him up.

AT 2:01 mark watch as Hatton's arms go limp from Floyd's punch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM...feature=related Just like in the UFC when a fighter goes limp getting grounded and pounded he is out and the Ref usually stops the fight. Clearly Hatton was out on his feet and the ringpost woke him up.

i dont know, that split second were his legs go forward, i personally cant seem to explain it, but i still think its was the post. i dont doubt mayweather having power, but i think its more the accuracy, that's all really.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 2 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

LMAO at the "Hatton hitting the ring post" debate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Poor Ricky. That dude fought his heart out though. Cant wait til he returns.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 2 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

On another note, I wouldn't mind a Mayweather/Bradley fight. Hell, Tim already got a Pac fight, which I was totally against at one point, so a Floyd fight doesn't sound so far-fetched.

Arum would more than likely be opposed to it. When it comes to showing those books after a fight is done, Arum treats it like he's being asked to empty out his pockets after a poker game that he just won.

If he's able to rip Manny's pockets, then he'd have a field day with Tim's, even if he had to sit down with GBP and open the book of expenses and so on. Now that I think about, he may just actually be crazy enough to do it.

Im not sure how cool Floyd feels about his relatively unknown opponents making more than $3M (aside from Cotto who made $8M), because he'd probably go into the whole "nobody knows this guy, Im building the fight, Im the bigger draw, Arum just wants more money, etc".

Bradley was just guaranteed $5M in his last fight, so Im sure he'll be looking for more than that. Arum will say, "We cant afford to pay you that big of a guarantee", when in actuality, he probably would be able to, but leave it to Bob to get his "other cut".

Sheesh, the more scenarios I come up with, the fight just seems to have this "yes, no, maybe so" thingy going on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Oct 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

"Goes at guys with Zero power" means he would not box at all.... Bradley would be hacked to pieces... His well rounded skills would keep him in the fight, but Floyd would definitely go for a stoppage.. I would not mind seeing this fight.. It would be exciting, but then again, Bradley may after getting clipped a few times use his well rounded skills to simply survive, thereby making it as eventful as watching people swim laps at the local YMCA!!!

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Oct 2 2012, 06:32 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 2 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 05:10 PM) *

martinez has run off a very impressive streak of wins...and most of them by ko. he doesn't need to prove he is a bad ass...his performances speak for themselves. in a perfect world...he shouldn't need to call out floyd.

as for floyd ko'ing ricky hatton....i think the guy was softened up before he ever got to floyd. collazo had him on his knees in what should have been a knock down. more than power....floyd has accuracy and speed. it's the shot that u don't see coming that hurts u the most. floyd has pin point accuracy.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:29 PM