> Mayweather/Bradley
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 02:31 PM) *
i don't think bradley gets the credit he deserves. he's much better than ppl realize. there's a reason pac wasn't attacking when they fought. there's a reason he was trying to steal rounds too.

in a match with floyd...tim isn't going to fight him the same way he fought pac. it would be a totally different style. i can see him using intelligent pressure which he is very capable of. he won't be as careless as ortiz...and he brings a little more speed and mobility than cotto. i can see bradley giving floyd a run for his money. mayweather should win...but it wouldn't be a walk in the park that's for sure.

Bradley would apply very smart pressure against Floyd. Tim is a way better pressure fighter than a boxer, he is very underratted. But I still think Floyd stops him with short punches Bradley wouldn't see on the inside after Bradley roughs him up for a few rounds with good effective pressure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Bradley would apply very smart pressure against Floyd. Tim is a way better pressure fighter than a boxer, he is very underratted. But I still think Floyd stops him with short punches Bradley wouldn't see on the inside after Bradley roughs him up for a few rounds with good effective pressure.

i could see floyd catching bradley with some short shots if/when he gets careless...he sometimes does that. what i don't see is bradley falling apart. he's very capable of making adjustments. i can't see floyd stopping him.

+Quote Post
Archimedes
post Oct 5 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #33

Amateur

Member No.: 13,487

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 29 2012, 11:49 PM) *
This fight will be made. It is smart business-wise for the Mayweather camp for 2 reasons.

1. Bradley has a win over Pacquiao(no matter what you think you saw). If Maywether beats Bradley(which is almost a guarantee), then he doesnt have to fight Pacquiao because he beat the guy who beat him. OR, he can go into negotiations for a Pacquiao fight with a larger chunk of the purse. What was 55 - 45 will easilit become 65 - 35 or worse.

2. Bradley is at least on paper a legit fight, so all the Sergio Martinez vs Mayweather talk goes away. Mayweather will kill 2 birds with one stone. He can avoid the threat that Martinez poses and save face because his fans will argue that Bradley was a better opponent anyway.

I don't see how this fight is the least bit practical for Floyd Mayweather. Bradley is a horrible draw, and since Floyd fights for the "money" it wouldn't make sense that he would even consider this, heck Arum and Pacquiao didn't. The only reason Manny isn't facing Bradley again is simple economics and nothing more. Pacquiao would rather run the risk of fans not being as enthusiastic for another moronic clash with Marquez, with the same dim witted buildup, than face Bradley again.

If Arum would've considered putting Pacquiao in with Bradley again, in my humble opinion, that would be equivalent to promotional malpractice. I'm sure Bradley's a great guy, but as a commodity he's about as valuable as a shit sandwich.

That's my take.......

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Oct 6 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #34

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 08:33 PM) *
i could see floyd catching bradley with some short shots if/when he gets careless...he sometimes does that. what i don't see is bradley falling apart. he's very capable of making adjustments. i can't see floyd stopping him.

Floyd could have and should have stopped Mosley... Ortiz was stopped and he had Cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped ??? pillow fisted Bradely gets stopped....Floyd said his toughest fight was Emmanuel Burton (Augustus).. Burton was very skilled and well rounded like Bradely is.. probably even better offensively and defensively when he wanted to be.. like Bradely Emmanuel had no power and he got stopped. I don't think Bradley's chin is a good as that of Emmanuel Burton who was on his feet until his corner threw in the towel. Great back and forth action.. Bradley would have to be on his bike in order not to get stopped. He tries to be a bully in there with Floyd and that huge noggin gets pummeled.. I can see uppercuts en route to a stoppage.. You mention adjustments??? the only adjustments after Bradley is surprised by the power and strength of mayweather is to be in retreat and survival mode... I see nothing in Bradley that poses a threat to mayweather...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Oct 6 2012, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 8 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 6 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Floyd could have and should have stopped Mosley... Ortiz was stopped and he had Cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped ??? pillow fisted Bradely gets stopped....Floyd said his toughest fight was Emmanuel Burton (Augustus).. Burton was very skilled and well rounded like Bradely is.. probably even better offensively and defensively when he wanted to be.. like Bradely Emmanuel had no power and he got stopped. I don't think Bradley's chin is a good as that of Emmanuel Burton who was on his feet until his corner threw in the towel. Great back and forth action.. Bradley would have to be on his bike in order not to get stopped. He tries to be a bully in there with Floyd and that huge noggin gets pummeled.. I can see uppercuts en route to a stoppage.. You mention adjustments??? the only adjustments after Bradley is surprised by the power and strength of mayweather is to be in retreat and survival mode... I see nothing in Bradley that poses a threat to mayweather...

i should have stopped reading after u said "he had cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped.." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

floyd has recently said cotto was his toughest opponent ever. if he can admit that...why can't u?

bradley, unlike burton....knows how to win consistently and has not lost a bout yet. i take nothing away from burton because he was as crafty as they come...and like bradley...even though he didn't have big punching power...his punch was to be respected. floyd is a safety first fighter and is content with getting a decision win. bradley is calculating and will make adjustments. i'll agree to disagree...i don't see floyd stopping bradley.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Oct 8 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #36

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 8 2012, 06:56 PM) *
i should have stopped reading after u said "he had cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped.." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

floyd has recently said cotto was his toughest opponent ever. if he can admit that...why can't u?

bradley, unlike burton....knows how to win consistently and has not lost a bout yet. i take nothing away from burton because he was as crafty as they come...and like bradley...even though he didn't have big punching power...his punch was to be respected. floyd is a safety first fighter and is content with getting a decision win. bradley is calculating and will make adjustments. i'll agree to disagree...i don't see floyd stopping bradley.

Ok.. I did not gather that or recall reading it, yet up until Cotto Augustus was his toughest fight according to Floyd.. and if you watch that fight Floyd fought face first and had no respect for Augusts power which resulted in him having a bloody nose throughout... really.. I think if Floyd stepped it up he could have gotten Cotto out of there.. Augustus was stopped and it was called his toughest fight... I have no problem admitting Cotto was a tough fight, yet Floyd could have stopped him and I don't think I am on the only one who saw this... only gave Cotto 4 rounds---I recall Cotto being near the brink in round 12... The only way Bradley does not get stopped is if he is on his bike and opts not to trade... he has no power. He is pillow fisted... my view of course... you have yours and I have mines...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Oct 8 2012, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 8 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 8 2012, 07:06 PM) *
Ok.. I did not gather that or recall reading it, yet up until Cotto Augustus was his toughest fight according to Floyd.. and if you watch that fight Floyd fought face first and had no respect for Augusts power which resulted in him having a bloody nose throughout... really.. I think if Floyd stepped it up he could have gotten Cotto out of there.. Augustus was stopped and it was called his toughest fight... I have no problem admitting Cotto was a tough fight, yet Floyd could have stopped him and I don't think I am on the only one who saw this... only gave Cotto 4 rounds---I recall Cotto being near the brink in round 12... The only way Bradley does not get stopped is if he is on his bike and opts not to trade... he has no power. He is pillow fisted... my view of course... you have yours and I have mines...

I thought Floyd carried cotto on two occasions, I saw cotto hurt in the fourth I think and again in the 12th. Mayweather definitely laid back, maybe because of his hand maybe because he was sick and didnt want to gas or something or maybe he did just that and carried cotto. But miguel did make him pay and gave him a very rough fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 9 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #38

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Bradley is relentless, so he'd make it a grueling fight at first, but at some point when you fight Floyd, you have to have a certain caliber of skill. I just don't think Bradley has that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 9 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 8 2012, 06:06 PM) *

4 is reasonable. i gave him 5. name another opponent that has won 4 rounds against floyd....

i saw cotto buzzed in that last round...but he came right back at floyd and floyd did what he does...he boxed.

if and when floyd fights bradley...i'd be more than willing to bet the house that one goes the distance.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 11 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Arum doesn't want to see mayweather make a dime and mayweather doesn't want arum to make a dime either which is why the negotiations are going the way they are going.

Arum is probably saving Bradley for one of pacs last fights. And if rios looks good in his next fight I'm sure he will be in the running for a pac fight.

I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But I'm gonna toot my own horn

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacquiao-v...possible--58058

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:22 PM