IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxing's most electric crowd... U.K. Vs. Latin [poll]
Battle of the Fans
Which crowd is the most electric in boxing right now?
U.K. Crowd [ 5 ] ** [71.43%]
Latin Crowd [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Oct 4 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

if by better u mean louder, drunker and just plain crazy...yeah, i'll agree. uk takes it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

outside of hattons' fan base...i really haven't seen anything special about the uk fans. they love boxing just like everyone else. i would think that trinidad's fan base (especially at msg) was bigger and louder than most. oscar brought a pretty good fan base as well. the uk fans bring that soccer game spirit to the fights. they're singing and chanting all nite...even when they're guy is getting served. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i may be biased because i'm in socal...and i happen to be of latin descent...but i think the latino fans are the most electric. i'll agree with check that mexican fans are fickle. cris arreolla at the staples against klit comes to mind....chavez against matt vanda is another that comes to mind. the crowd was throwing bottles at him and his pops. also...ortiz/lopez is another one...i watched that crowd go from cheering ortiz to booing him when he rabbit punched lopez.

on the flipside...i've seen puerto rican crowds give it up to a fighter who has beaten their own. i don't know if that qualifies as electric...but i think they are a very knowledgeable/respectable fan base.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 4 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

oops. double post. sorry.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 4 2012, 05:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:10 PM