IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxing's most electric crowd... U.K. Vs. Latin [poll]
Battle of the Fans
Which crowd is the most electric in boxing right now?
U.K. Crowd [ 5 ] ** [71.43%]
Latin Crowd [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Oct 3 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

The 2 top crowds in the sport.

Your UNBIAS opinion of which crowd moves you more. Who's #1 & 2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm Latin and the UK emberrasses us. Especially Mexican fans, they turn on their fighters so easily. I've been to a few fights where there were big Mexican crowds and they are pretty terrible boxing fans (BTW I'm Mexican). UK fans ride with their fighters to the death. I have to say Puerto rican fans come in second

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 3 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 3 2012, 10:11 PM) *
The 2 top crowds in the sport.

Your UNBIAS opinion of which crowd moves you more. Who's #1 & 2

Gotta give it to the UK...they actually get em excited for Hatton's fights. Lord knows he isn't the most skilled fighter, but a brawler with a HUGE following, is something crazy!!!

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 10:18 PM) *
I'm Latin and the UK emberrasses us. Especially Mexican fans, they turn on their fighters so easily. I've been to a few fights where there were big Mexican crowds and they are pretty terrible boxing fans (BTW I'm Mexican). UK fans ride with their fighters to the death. I have to say Puerto rican fans come in second

Mexican fans turn on their fighters?! Am I hearing that right? That's the first I heard of this Check. I know that when Julio was getting served by Sergio, the crowd got quiet for a while, but that was about it. Sheesh, I never knew this. I thought Mexicans were ride or die fans, regardless. That's wild....

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 09:23 PM) *
Gotta give it to the UK...they actually get em excited for Hatton's fights. Lord knows he isn't the most skilled fighter, but a brawler with a HUGE following, is something crazy!!!

Mexican fans turn on their fighters?! Am I hearing that right? That's the first I heard of this Check. I know that when Julio was getting served by Sergio, the crowd got quiet for a while, but that was about it. Sheesh, I never knew this. I thought Mexicans were ride or die fans, regardless. That's wild....

Fickle is the word I'm looking for. They flip on their fighters so fast it isn't even funny, I was at a family independence party for the Martinez fight and I was the only Martinez fan, by the end of the fight they were ready to hang me and chavez lol

And at the ponce de Leon vs broner fight they were cussing him out too cause he lost to broner and then even though Canelo was beating the pale off of Matthew hatton they kept bitching and saying he wasn't good because he wouldn't knock him out and throw more punches. It was ugly. They literally boo'd ponce

I think Puerto rican fans are die hard and UK fans take the cake, at least in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 3 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Fickle is the word I'm looking for. They flip on their fighters so fast it isn't even funny, I was at a family independence party for the Martinez fight and I was the only Martinez fan, by the end of the fight they were ready to hang me and chavez lol

And at the ponce de Leon vs broner fight they were cussing him out too cause he lost to broner and then even though Canelo was beating the pale off of Matthew hatton they kept bitching and saying he wasn't good because he wouldn't knock him out and throw more punches. It was ugly. They literally boo'd ponce

I think Puerto rican fans are die hard and UK fans take the cake, at least in my opinion.

Shit, I didn't know it was like that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 3 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 10:23 PM) *

hell yeah!!! That crowd that Froch brought against Bute was something special too.

By the way, they didn't give a good angle of the roof after that Chavez-Martinez fight. Lol, Did that noise raise that shit or what in the 12 round?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Shit, I didn't know it was like that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Maybe its just me lol, but those experiences left me with a bad taste

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 4 2012, 01:33 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I think chanting "lets go fucking mental" before anything sets the fans off

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 4 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I have to give it to the U.K. fans for sure.

Hatton's following is MASSIVE and as Gambit pointed out, Froch's fans were also monstrous i numbers in his Bute fight. One thing is - They are quite dissrespectful. I will always remember Tyrese Gibson singing the US national anthem and the UK crowd booing the hell out of him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 4 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 4 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I have to give it to the U.K. fans for sure.

Hatton's following is MASSIVE and as Gambit pointed out, Froch's fans were also monstrous i numbers in his Bute fight. One thing is - They are quite dissrespectful. I will always remember Tyrese Gibson singing the US national anthem and the UK crowd booing the hell out of him.

Not to mention calzaghe, kessler, Khan, degale... Those guys have huge followings, I'm actually getting a little jealous. I wish our US following was that good those mothefuckers sell out soccer stadiums out there and stuff, its ridiculous.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 4 2012, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:23 PM