IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would You Support A Gay Boxer Who Can Fight?
Would You Support A Gay Boxer Who Could Fight.
Be Honest, Not A Politician
Yes [ 14 ] ** [87.50%]
No [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Oct 6 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Orlando Cruz announces that he's gay??? Wow! I mean I can't really be surprised in this era we live in today, but can you imagine if this guy gets to an elite level and starts beating top notch opposition? He'll have more problems than President Obama in this per-dominantly heterosexual sport. I mean seeing Cotto on 24/7 share a bed with dude and play with each others "dooky shoot" (as Mayweather put it) is one thing, but having an openly gay fighter on 24/7???

Anyways I'd watch the fight but you wouldn't catch me rooting for a gay fighter to win it lol, nope.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 6 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I don't get it, I don't have a problem with it. I mean people support de la hoya and he was a cross dresser, I don't care what a persons preference is in as long as they can fight.

And if anything if this guy gets to the top being gay would probably help him sell more.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Oct 7 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

I'm wondering... what difference does it makes? None. For fuck sakes, people support weight cheats and media champions with dozens of contract stipulations. Even cheaters.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 7 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Makes no difference to me, your both men in that ring, thats it. Am sure we had a similar thread a while back on this

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 7 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

A good fighter is a good fighter gay or not. To be accepted by the public though he will have to be exceptional in the ring, strong mentally, and have thick skin.

A better question is will other fighters be willing to fight an openly gay opponent? That will be the determining factor if a fighter decides to come out of the closet. I'm sure boxing has a homosexual in the sport now who is not willing to go public.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 7 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Of course,

What a boxer does in the ring has no barring to me with regards to their sexual orientation.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 7 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

a boxer who will openly fight a gay opponent will open up a new fan base for them

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 7 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I don't care about the sexual orientation or whatever else. If you box on whatever level you have my respect no matter who you share your bed with.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

People support Sergio, right? You cant tell me that dude isn't an ankle grabber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 7 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 7 2012, 07:25 AM) *
A good fighter is a good fighter gay or not. To be accepted by the public though he will have to be exceptional in the ring, strong mentally, and have thick skin.

A better question is will other fighters be willing to fight an openly gay opponent? That will be the determining factor if a fighter decides to come out of the closet. I'm sure boxing has a homosexual in the sport now who is not willing to go public.

People fight arreola and ortiz even though they have kissed people in the ring lol

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2012, 12:48 PM) *
People support Sergio, right? You cant tell me that dude isn't an ankle grabber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I've had this nagging suspicion for a long time Haha.. but who knows lol maybe he's just a a super heterosexual 37 year old rich athlete without any record of a wife gf or kids and a personal shopper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:02 AM