Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Has Floyd Mayweather retired?
Kratza
post Oct 7 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Archimedes
post Oct 7 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,487

QUOTE (Kratza @ Oct 7 2012, 11:58 AM) *
He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?

I don't think he's retired but it's pretty clear Floyd isn't fighting again this year. The problem with a Floyd Mayweather fight is that he needs enough time to promote an event of that magnitude, and more importantly he's got to have the right dance partner i.e. someone that stands a reasonable chance of appeasing the desire of some fans out there for Floyd to get his ass kicked.

He very well may want to fight, but who would he fight and would he get the kind of money he's used to getting. You don't become the highest paid athlete (without endorsements) by putting on poor events. So how many fighters out there can fit the bill of potential Mayweather opponent? I'm sure any of us could rattle off a few names, but would those names make any business sense to Floyd and his team?

There's no way he can retire right now, he likes spending money, and at the rate he's spending it I wonder how much he'll have left when his career is over?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:48 PM