IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hatton vs Morales anyone?, When? Where?
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just thought about this, and it's mostly about where Morales is after this Garcia fight. If he looks half decent in his upcoming fight, then how do you see a Hatton fight going?

I'm not sure if this fight makes much sense, but I know one thing, it will sell crazy tickets. Question is, where would it be held? When?

Again, this sounds like a weird matchup, but it does have money written over it. Not like Hatton hasn't fought an over the hill fighter in route to a bigger fight, in the past. Morales is just dangerous enough to make it a decent scrap, but just vulnerable enough for Hatton to control things.

This IS boxing that we're talking about.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
daprofessor
post Oct 10 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 08:03 AM) *
Just thought about this, and it's mostly about where Morales is after this Garcia fight. If he looks half decent in his upcoming fight, then how do you see a Hatton fight going?

I'm not sure if this fight makes much sense, but I know one thing, it will sell crazy tickets. Question is, where would it be held? When?

Again, this sounds like a weird matchup, but it does have money written over it. Not like Hatton hasn't fought an over the hill fighter in route to a bigger fight, in the past. Morales is just dangerous enough to make it a decent scrap, but just vulnerable enough for Hatton to control things.

This IS boxing that we're talking about.

Thoughts?

let hatton get his feet wet before u throw him to a guy like morales. i'd like to see where hatton is first. i think morales is pretty solid these days. i'm sure the rest served ricky well too.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 10 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I think Hatton has more to prove than Morales, but I like this idea, I'd definitely tune in for this if in fact it were to happen.

For some reason though, I see Hatton gettin a reality check in this upcoming scrap though. Between the inactivity, drugs, alcohol, being past his prime with age and the fluctuation up and down in weight at this point, I think thats gonna show up more than the hatton of old. He's up against a fighter who's been the more healthy and active one out of the two, and though this guys coming off a loss, it's a lot less devastating of a lost than what Hatton's coming off of. But this is the fight game so let's see what happens.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 10 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This would be a good fight if hatton shows he still has it as well as morales. But I'm still wishing on morales marquez in either staples or Dallas stadium. That would sell like crazy

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 10 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2012, 04:28 PM) *
This would be a good fight if hatton shows he still has it as well as morales. But I'm still wishing on morales marquez in either staples or Dallas stadium. That would sell like crazy

i'm with u on that one!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 10 2012, 02:25 PM) *
let hatton get his feet wet before u throw him to a guy like morales. i'd like to see where hatton is first. i think morales is pretty solid these days. i'm sure the rest served ricky well too.

If a cautious and jabbing Paulie could cut this guy and stop him, then a wild overweight Hatton shouldn't have much trouble. I think this is the perfect time for Ricky to get Morales, no way in hell I would've call for this fight years ago.

Well, now that I think about it, a few years ago ('06 and '07), Erik was very beatable, and ready to hang 'em up, but he was a lightweight too, so who knows. I just think he's just dangerous enough nowadays to make it a good fight. Hopefully Danny doesn't bury him next weekend though. Lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 10 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 10 2012, 06:07 PM) *
i'm with u on that one!

If its anywhere near cali I'm not missing it lol

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 08:33 PM) *
If a cautious and jabbing Paulie could cut this guy and stop him, then a wild overweight Hatton shouldn't have much trouble. I think this is the perfect time for Ricky to get Morales, no way in hell I would've call for this fight years ago.

Well, now that I think about it, a few years ago ('06 and '07), Erik was very beatable, and ready to hang 'em up, but he was a lightweight too, so who knows. I just think he's just dangerous enough nowadays to make it a good fight. Hopefully Danny doesn't bury him next weekend though. Lol

Definitely cause he could make a lot of noise still, shit the guy headlined one of the better ppvs that no one talked about with maidana lol.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 10 2012, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 10 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Definitely cause he could make a lot of noise still, shit the guy headlined one of the better ppvs that no one talked about with maidana lol.

Hell yeah, tell me about it. I actually bought that fight, and I've never looked back. It was only $45, and I remember the Malignaggi vs J. Cotto, the Kirkland/Ishida upset, Guerrero/Katsidis, and of course Morales/Maidana.

I think that's when I started to really give Golden Boy their respect, especially after the Ortiz/Peterson and Khan/Maidana doubleheader months before that. If you look at it, GBP is giving us these same type of cards, but now they're free on Showtime!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:45 PM